veg+bloom, 1 part powder in socal tap

• Thread starter ill eagle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
clutch419

clutch419

My ro comes out at 20 ppm I will be using nectar of the gods soil it is loaded with extra things in it.
Coco fiber spag. Peat moss pumpkin pumis parmanegic rock and perlite humus bone meal earth worm casting lime oyster shell clay yucca meal and diatomaceous earth. Is what's in there blend. I also add more perlite to it cause it's very thick and heavy. I usually don't have to use nutrition for first 2 weeks after clones gets roots.
Should I go for lower ppm with all that in it to begin with

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

So I got my package today for h.r.c. And I have a few questions on use of it.
So what are some good ppm to shot for veg to start and what's the max you should give them in veg. I was thinking 200-600
For flower I was thinking 1000-1200 ppm or is that to high. Also when doing transition should I up the ppm each feeding to get them to flip. Also when should I add in the bloom booster. Should I take the base ppm up to let's say 900 and then add bloom booster to hit a 1000 ppm. I am guessing that's what you do. Are there any additional things I should add to like cal mag. Or sugar. I use ro water or should I use tap. I bought the dirty formula but I don't know if that's what I got. Can some tell me if it isView attachment 532703
Any help would be great.
plus size is recommend to be added weeks 3-7 flower,however i have adjusted it just a bit. i use v+b and golden tree till week 4 then start will start with + size

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

My ro comes out at 20 ppm I will be using nectar of the gods soil it is loaded with extra things in it.
Coco fiber spag. Peat moss pumpkin pumis parmanegic rock and perlite humus bone meal earth worm casting lime oyster shell clay yucca meal and diatomaceous earth. Is what's in there blend. I also add more perlite to it cause it's very thick and heavy. I usually don't have to use nutrition for first 2 weeks after clones gets roots.
Should I go for lower ppm with all that in it to begin with
ya its always better to start low and add more once u see how they react bc u can always add more if they call for it but cant take none out if u put to much.

clutch419

clutch419

Ok the soil blend I will be using has in it.
Coco fiber peat moss pumpkin pumis earth worm castings lime oyster shell clay bone meal yucca meal and diatomaceous earth
I usually don't feed for first couple weeks
My ro water comes out 20ppm do I need to add cal mag
I was thinking of running 200-600 for veg and for flower 1000-1200 ppm
Or should I run lower

clutch419

clutch419

How do you like the golden tree I have a bunch of samples of it. But no instructions on how or when to use it

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

Ok the soil blend I will be using has in it.
Coco fiber peat moss pumpkin pumis earth worm castings lime oyster shell clay bone meal yucca meal and diatomaceous earth
I usually don't feed for first couple weeks
My ro water comes out 20ppm do I need to add cal mag
I was thinking of running 200-600 for veg and for flower 1000-1200 ppm
Or should I run lower
u wont need cal/mag with V+B its got 10% cal/2.5%mag already in it. i love the stuff its so simple. im doing a couple other tests with it as well trying to dial it in to my needs. i got 1 plot with nothing but the dirty and big bud weeks 2-4 and overdrive weeks 5-7 and flawless finish week 8 then i got another plot that is the dirty and golden tree only and the 3rd with dirty & + size

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

How do you like the golden tree I have a bunch of samples of it. But no instructions on how or when to use it
its great man! i started out with the 2oz sampler and before i was out of that 2oz i went on and bought a 1/8th for 45$ its the best 1 additive that i have used so far. its very simple when used with V+B. at 2ml fpr veg and 5ml for veg its not at all costly esp since im only doing 15 plants anyways. test it out on 1 plant and compare it to ur others and u will see a huge difference in clones. im always open minded when it comes to things bc im always looking to improve so right now if the + size dont out perform the dirty and GT then that will be all i will use next year and u talk about simple lol

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
So I got my package today for h.r.c. And I have a few questions on use of it.
So what are some good ppm to shot for veg to start and what's the max you should give them in veg. I was thinking 200-600
For flower I was thinking 1000-1200 ppm or is that to high. Also when doing transition should I up the ppm each feeding to get them to flip. Also when should I add in the bloom booster. Should I take the base ppm up to let's say 900 and then add bloom booster to hit a 1000 ppm. I am guessing that's what you do. Are there any additional things I should add to like cal mag. Or sugar. I use ro water or should I use tap. I bought the dirty formula but I don't know if that's what I got. Can some tell me if it isView attachment 532703
Any help would be great.

Hey clutch! The pic you posted is the dirty formula. It has the little brown pig in the bottom right of the label. I currently have been running the HD formula. I run RO water and no longer use calmag. I use about 1 tsp per gallon in veg and about the same for flower. Comes out to be right around 1.2 ec(600ppm). I back off the bas a little when adding + size. I also do a feed, feed, tea.... and repeat. Good luck! RB

clutch419

clutch419

Thanks rb for the info. So 1tsp is about 600 ppm
Is that what you shoot for in veg or flower.
I am still learning this one part powder. Love the idea of it. I would try it today on my out door plants but it's raining so it's flush day for them. My indoors need a good flush before I give them the new food.
I had planned on feeding like feed feed flush tea feed flush feed feed repeat

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Lots of stuff in your medium. I've kept it very simple by just running coco pith or rockwool without ammendments. VegBloom has everything already there so don't overdo it. Simple.

So true, i should have mentioned i was using straight coco.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Nah. Just just start with a little less than a tsp per gallon. I keep my ppms around 600 for veg and flower.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Holy cow. Thats high for me. No burning at that high of ppms?

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

Ok will do.
So 600 for flower. With the nectar of the gods line. My ppm runs like 1500.
hell idk what my PPMs run i just use 2 heaping Tsp per gallon and it seems like my Delahaze are still not getting enuff Nitrogen bc i have a few yellow fan leaves on her now. so im gonna give her a big scoop of maxi gro to see if that will green her back up

clutch419

clutch419

No not really some strains don't like it some do. Nectar of the gods is mostly organic so you have to use a shit load to get results if you don't follow there feed chart your yield goes way down. Also found that there crystals are far less with nectar that was a huge let down.
Hopefully this v@b is good and easy. I am tired of 13 parts to put on a bucket. And it's fucking expensive after time. There herculan harvest you have to use up to 8 tbl per gallon. And then they suggest you flush with it also. I am going through 2.5 gallons a week at 75.00 bucks a jug.

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

No not really some strains don't like it some do. Nectar of the gods is mostly organic so you have to use a shit load to get results if you don't follow there feed chart your yield goes way down. Also found that there crystals are far less with nectar that was a huge let down.
Hopefully this v@b is good and easy. I am tired of 13 parts to put on a bucket. And it's fucking expensive after time. There herculan harvest you have to use up to 8 tbl per gallon. And then they suggest you flush with it also. I am going through 2.5 gallons a week at 75.00 bucks a jug.
ya no shit bro fkk 13 different things. it only takes 1-2 products grow dank with great bag appeal. alot of the companies take advantage of us growers. there is 3 things beside a base nute i will never grow without 1 is chitosan,2 is Salicylic Acid and 3 fulvic/humic acids. thats insane amount application rate to be using. u will like veg+bloom. i will still use General Hydroponics maxi gro though. i dont care about the monsanto crap. i use what is best and most convient and easy to use things. i use maxi gro for veg and once flower starts i start with the V+B

clutch419

clutch419

Yeah it is a shit ton to use but if you run there base of 4 you get crap.
What is chitosan never heard of it

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

Yeah it is a shit ton to use but if you run there base of 4 you get crap.
What is chitosan never heard of it
it activates the plants SAR. turns the defense system on makes it fight off disease alot better. bud factor x has chitosan in it and so does insect frass. part of the plants Defense system is to have alot of trichomes to ward off insects and predators. us humans just so happen to love those lol if u ever spoke to anyone that has used bud factor x im sure they will tell u that their plants looked like they dipped them in sugar. here is a nice article on chitosan to read. also google "chitosan on cannabis". chitosan also increase vigor,strengthen the cell walls and a host of other great things it does. Advanced nutes old product called scorpin juice had Salicylic Acid and chitosan in it. i use the frass to water into the soil with and the bud factor x to spray the buds with. chitin is what the cell walls of fungi and insects are made of so when the plant comes into contain with chitosan it starts to secrete a enzyme that will burst those cell walls of the fungi and insects. its some great stuff i highly recommend to get either the frass or bud factor x and start using it. im mainly using it for protection against bud rot but all the extra things it does is a plus as well.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2866471/
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=5075
http://medcraveonline.com/APAR/APAR-01-00006.php

A Biopolymer Chitosan and Its Derivatives as Promising Antimicrobial Agents against Plant Pathogens and Their Applications in Crop Protection
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijcc/2011/460381/

Latest posts

Top Bottom