veg+bloom, 1 part powder in socal tap

• Thread starter ill eagle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
evu80

evu80

so how do i get the hook up on the larger bags? I was going to ask Chris to hook me up with bulk pricing to make this more cost effective. I used it for the first time yesterday and I havent changed out my reservoir that quickly since I started using dyna grow 1 part solution a year ago. No doubt the easiest rez change.

Nutrifield and canna coco are the only two products my friends up here uses and they all swear by it. I used it once and got great results with it and the preparation process was easy. No need to flush for days to rid of excess salt like the other stuff out there.

What is this multi flow thing you are referring to? is it the UC looking thing in the background? Did you make that or its available at the store

ill eagle

ill eagle

Ya it's blue plastic like the UC. I don't make shit other then a living, it's easily assembled and solid as a rock, Greentree's Hydroponics in Vista CA makes em', I've been running one of the systems for years without any issues. I hooked the 25lb'r through my hydro shop, they keep em' on hand these days as a few other big boys are melting down the powder. long live the easy life! now I just need to clone the shit outta this Lemon larry cause I know it's going to be some sick stick to the wall kind of herb

silverhaze

silverhaze

Has anyone tried adding H202 to Veg+Bloom? I run a sealed room and would like to add more O2 content to the water which I usually do with other nutes. First full run with this product and about to flip og's that I started on V+B. They look amazing. Let me know if anyone has tried it or can think of any reason why it would be a problem. Thanks.

squarepusher

squarepusher

Has anyone tried adding H202 to Veg+Bloom? I run a sealed room and would like to add more O2 content to the water which I usually do with other nutes. First full run with this product and about to flip og's that I started on V+B. They look amazing. Let me know if anyone has tried it or can think of any reason why it would be a problem. Thanks.
should not be any problems with that.

AdvancedBioHydroponics

AdvancedBioHydroponics

Speaking of adding O2 to your solution, testing a product called HydroRush and this stuff is really cool. It is food for microbes and it also adds oxygen to the solution as well. We are testing now to see just how well it works. The claim is it adds so much oxygen that you do not even need your airstones or airpump! Dosage is 3ml to 5ml per gallon for hydroponic systems and it should last 7 to 10 days. Will let you guys know how it holds up!

It is also used to make compost teas last longer which would be very handy. Especially if you make larger brews and try to save the compost tea for later use.

Using this with the custom DWC formula of V+B and they seem to work VERY well together so far. Thinking you could possibly extend tank changes as well. Also testing a new hydroponic system cleaner that is a 2 part formula (Z7). One part has enzymes and the other has the bacteria used to help root growth and keep pipes and plant modules clean and "slime" free. It also helps to stabalize ph levels. This stuff should be good shit as it is made by the same folks that make the CareFree line for ponds and aquariums.

ill eagle

ill eagle

What's up with the custom DWC formula ABH? Haven't seen this one yet.
I haven't used anything with the Veg+Bloom, not even ph up or down, in the Nutrifield multi-flo system and things are looking stellar with the Lemon Larry. I've been collecting the condensation from my AC and running the RO formula at 600-700ppm and the ladies are completely satisfied.

Thc1
Thc2

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
What's up with the custom DWC formula ABH? Haven't seen this one yet.
I haven't used anything with the Veg+Bloom, not even ph up or down, in the Nutrifield multi-flo system and things are looking stellar with the Lemon Larry. I've been collecting the condensation from my AC and running the RO formula at 600-700ppm and the ladies are completely satisfied.

View attachment 227304View attachment 227305
Those are SUPER FROSTY.! Very nice ill.:D

AdvancedBioHydroponics

AdvancedBioHydroponics

Hey ill eagle, according to Chris the DWC custom formula is a ammonia free nutrient (NH4). He also stated that he added a new fulvic isolate. As far as I know, this is the new custom formula that will be used for DWC systems. There will still be the option or version of this formula that does contain ammonia. This custom version is more expensive obviously and there is a "minimum" amount you must purchase to get this custom mix.

Most nutrients on the market have up to about 25% of the total nitrogen content coming from amoniacal nitrogen which must be first converted by bacteria (nitryfying bacteria) to nitrate nitrogen before it is available to the plants. The theory is that if your running a sterile environment then it would lack the needed biology to convert the ammonia to something the plants can use. Same deal with calcium meaning a formula can contain a certain percentage of the calcium content coming from a ammonia based source.

They use to use UREA (mammal urine) for example years ago for a nitrogen source and thats fine for soil and still used today but a no-no in hydroponics especially deep water culture. So these days much has been learned and nutrients made for hydroponics no longer contain UREA for a nitrogen source.....all except for one company that is....guess who? The so called experts -Advanced Nutrients!

They still use UREA in there Sensi 2 part and other formulas as well.....

If you have never tried a ammonia free formula and your into running a sterile OP you should REALLY try it.....talk about clean.

T

th3b12ain

Alright guys this will be my first post on my iPhone telling my experience in v+b nutes.... Well iI came from using h&g nute line up to v+b because it was ez and clean, I'm currently in 6 gallon plastic bags rockin coco on a top drip to waste on auto feed on 2 cycle feeds 15 minutes at a time, 2k, 2 ton mini split ac, 70 pint dehu, 76-78 degrees, 45 humidty, with c0o2 1300 ppms from veg to week 3 into flower... So far things are looking good plants are looking heathly and nugs are forming and looking nice.

V+B
Drip clean
Humcid acid
Great white
Hydzyme

Flower-
AN bud buds
Hydroplex
MOAB

AdvancedBioHydroponics

AdvancedBioHydroponics

Welcome to the V+B club practicing KISS on a daily basis!!

Can you elaborate on your flowering schedule? Interested to see how and when you will use the additives.

I am sure you will find the experience a good one. I always like to suggest a first time user to not use anything but v+b on your first run so you can actually see just how complete the product really is. It has bloom boosters covered! Also you would have something to compare to on your 2nd round when using additional PK supplements as well as other products.

T

th3b12ain

Flowering schedule for black berry kush 9 week plant - I would introduce AN big buds 1/2 dose in mid to late week 2 pending on the visual of the plant then up it till week 4 ( never ran full dose) then I would flush with straight v+b at half dose then intro hydroplex 1/2 dose and the kids are looking good... I can say v+ b has really impressed me so far and I been through all kinds of different nutes and additives and by far I seen results and it's clean.

ill eagle

ill eagle

THanks Muncher. Ya, Advancedbio, sounds like I might be re-visitng the DWC sometime in the near future. I liked DWC but it was a little more maintenance on the day-to-day. Speaking of maintenance.... I was coasting through this test with RO Veg+Bloom in Nutrifield coco when I decided to break out the pH pen and check my feed.....big mistake lol. My pen was off calibration and I added a tad of acid to bring the pH down..... found out yesterday my pen was way off and that I have been keeping my reservoir somewhere around 4.8 thinking it was 6.2 DOH for the last 4-5 days. So I mentioned the pH was around 6.5 when I was adding the V+B but it was actually around 5.7 after diluting to 700ppm. Anyway I have some sort of spotting on some of the upper leaves I am attributing to PH but the buds still look good and they should swell out to be nice and tight. The smell on this lemon larry is ridiculous sweet lemon fuel, going to reek through the bag and stick to fingers... The rest of the gear is liking the mix too so overall considering doing some 1000s on the nutrifield veg+Bloom diet...
Thc1

AdvancedBioHydroponics

AdvancedBioHydroponics

They look freakin great ill eagle! Nice job! You can get away with much lower ph levels than most instructions or feed schedules will recommend. They look way to fabulous for anything to be wrong...hehe

This latest test batch for DWC has been the most stable ph nutrient I have ever tried or used in a DWC or RDWC system hands down. This stuff even holds the ph better than the Advanced Nutrient ph perfect 2 part sensi line. Have yet to even think about needing any ph up or down or any ph adjustment for that matter. In our RO water it takes the ph to 6.1 - 6.2 and it just stays there. The Advanced ph perfect line would hold the ph at 5.7 - 5.8 for about 5 to 7 days which is decent and acceptable since they suggest weekly tank changes anyhow, but after that the ph would start to drift and need adjusting. With the Custom DWC V+B Ammonia Free formula were testing now, the ph stays SOLID for weeks. So far we went 14 days before changing tanks, and this run were going to shoot for 21 days and see what happens. When you have a solid top off program with top off tanks like in a UC system for example, 7 day tank changes are really no longer needed and you can stretch the time out between tank changes. This saves money, time and more importantly, WATER. V+B seems tailor made for automated low maintenance RDWC systems IMHO.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
THanks Muncher. Ya, Advancedbio, sounds like I might be re-visitng the DWC sometime in the near future. I liked DWC but it was a little more maintenance on the day-to-day. Speaking of maintenance.... I was coasting through this test with RO Veg+Bloom in Nutrifield coco when I decided to break out the pH pen and check my feed.....big mistake lol. My pen was off calibration and I added a tad of acid to bring the pH down..... found out yesterday my pen was way off and that I have been keeping my reservoir somewhere around 4.8 thinking it was 6.2 DOH for the last 4-5 days. So I mentioned the pH was around 6.5 when I was adding the V+B but it was actually around 5.7 after diluting to 700ppm. Anyway I have some sort of spotting on some of the upper leaves I am attributing to PH but the buds still look good and they should swell out to be nice and tight. The smell on this lemon larry is ridiculous sweet lemon fuel, going to reek through the bag and stick to fingers... The rest of the gear is liking the mix too so overall considering doing some 1000s on the nutrifield veg+Bloom diet... View attachment 228463

This is why you have 2 pens, and test with each one every time.

Great work ill. You have the strains and the skills to make them shine.

Does this product have silica added in already as well? May have to try some out.

ill eagle

ill eagle

anything to make RDWC easier is a plus. I may have to give that a run but not until I find a new system to use it in. I sold my UC16 after my first run and reclaimed pretty much what I paid for it. It is so much easier in flood and drain, very little baby sitting. I have friends who swear by RDWC but still aren't pulling the same quality as I am in rockwool.... always seems a little bit looser?
This coco run makes me reconsider coco all the way around tho and I am liking what I see..and smell haha
Ya Capulator, V+B has silica in it

ill eagle

ill eagle

Lemon larry is looking like a 9-10 weeker.... really sticky and smelly.... going to be a decent yield. So the nutrifield coco and V+B work really well together. I picked up an xtra pH pen per Capulator's advice so all good on the maintenance from now on. Been at 700ppm for the whole process and they def seem satisfied

Thc1
Thc2

Rushoe

Rushoe

Very nice man great job its gonna be a real stinky couple weeks come harvest. How are the nugs are they rock hard? And just to make sure just water and v+b nothing else?

I plan to use v+b and some moabs for the last two weeks before chop.

AdvancedBioHydroponics

AdvancedBioHydroponics

Looking sweet!

What we are testing is a DWC custom formula that is NH4 free and has a NPK of 16-10-30, that is 16% nitrate, ammonia free! The proprietary fulvic isolate that is now used in the V+B formula has the lowest molecular weight fulvic in the world, making it the most bio-active available and the best especially for a hydroponic application. There is also a synthetic cytokinin/amino's array of the L type (left Spinning)/carbon complex for flower set and budding which comes standard with all the formulas of Veg+Bloom.

The V+B nutrient also contains plenty of silica in several forms to ensure and help with ph stability.

ill eagle

ill eagle

Rushoe RO and V+B, nothing else. The nugs are not as rock hard as some other genetics I have run but a nice consistency for sure. The smell is off the charts and the oil content is getting sappy and sticky. I pulled the plug on the Veg+Bloom yesterday and just topped off the rez without adding any more nutes. I'm gonna just add back RO at this point and see if I can get her to ripen up by 9 weeks as I have back up just about rooted and ready. The younger one is about 5 weeks in and at least three weeks from being done but gotta make this area available so she may starve to be a lil skimpy for her 6-7th week but oh well. The Nutrifield coco is good stuff and will be running it in the smart pots again same as I have been. On the next run I'm thinking about pulling the drip stakes on a couple and hand watering daily with a Hammerhead/moab combo to see if I am missing out on anything.

Thc1
Thc2

Top Bottom