Vegging in lower RH environment

• Thread starter evu80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
evu80

evu80

now that the rainy season is over, my overall RH is a lot drier, and with that I'm starting to see slow and abnormal growth. One common occurrence is the new growth seems to be super rigid/veiny and droopy instead of lush, vibrant and green . Another thing is the leaves are folding upwards like a taco.

Right now my RH is around 35 to 45 % and wanted to know if vegging in lower than optimal ranges ( 65 to 70 % ) will have lasting effects on the overall health and production.

I want to be able to have better control of my environment so how can I go about raising my RH by 30%. Should I get a humidifier or a swamp cooler of some sort. I'm currently running fresh air exchange and air cooled hoods in a 10 by 8 by 10 room

Cannasoir

Cannasoir

I actually vegged in the same RH as you. Was very hard to get it any higher.(But I did not get any leaf curling.) So I made sure I gave my ladies a nice mist with plain water a few times a day. Just make sure you shake your plants off, and you may not want to do it in direct light. Hmm the leaf curling could be caused from something other than your low RH. Also with low Rh , you can water a little more than you already do I believe and that will help out.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Hey guys! I have never had problems like that with low RH in my vegg room. Its always 25% or lower. What kind of lighting/ ventilation/ cooling you got going? Low RH in vegging isnt good... I think i see overall smaller leaf sizes which may have some ill affects later... Nothing super noticable but they always appreciate getting comfy in the climate conrtrolled room. taco leaf is ussually heat.

Chobble

Chobble

How hot is it getting in the room. My RH is be around 50% in my veg room(My flower room is right above it so I would rather have no mold), sometimes dropping to 39% on a warm day. The point is, Your room temp may be the problem not the RH.

Chobble

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I never had problems vegging in 35-45% RH. Right now my RH is up to 50-70% because of the weather outside, but in the winter time when that cold, dry air comes in my RH drops to 30-50%. I think your issues are not strictly related to humidity. You should look at other factors like everyone else said, mostly temps. I wouldn't even use a humidifier unless my RH got really low, like below 25%. good luck.

K

kushtrees

VPD is a better measure than RH. Your VPD is based on both temp and RH so there's two variable you want to dial in together.

Also more frequent irritations can help with low RH by making sure the plant isn't stressed From lack of water. You may also want to lower your EC to encourage more water uptake

evu80

evu80

I run my veg room from the evening straight to noon and I'm complimenting starting two hours later and end my day an hour sooner to avoid the heat. It's been quite warm in there now that the season is starting to heat up. My temps are 78- to 86 depending on how hot the nights are.

Based on the VPD charts, I'm way off the mark. Being this dry I'm suppose to be in the 60 Degree range or so.

One thing I havent tried is to increase the frequency of irrigation and lowering my EC. I'll give it a shot and see if that works. Another option I guess is to try to lower my temp by switching to a sealed room and run an AC unit. I'm not sure if a humidifier would help since I'm exchanging air at a rapid rate

dankworth

dankworth

Managing VPD successfully will cause a greater increase in growth rate than one gets with bumping CO2 levels.

bobby

bobby

now that the rainy season is over, my overall RH is a lot drier, and with that I'm starting to see slow and abnormal growth. One common occurrence is the new growth seems to be super rigid/veiny and droopy instead of lush, vibrant and green . Another thing is the leaves are folding upwards like a taco.

Right now my RH is around 35 to 45 % and wanted to know if vegging in lower than optimal ranges ( 65 to 70 % ) will have lasting effects on the overall health and production.

I want to be able to have better control of my environment so how can I go about raising my RH by 30%. Should I get a humidifier or a swamp cooler of some sort. I'm currently running fresh air exchange and air cooled hoods in a 10 by 8 by 10 room

Go and buy a humidifier and veg with 60-70% humidity at 78-80 degrees.

Top Bottom