Very 1st grow…Learning as we go… (Caffeine Clone & Northern Lights #10) (Spider Farmer 2x2)

• Thread starter 310grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
310grow

310grow

Day 47 Flower.
Northern Lights #10 on left and Caffeine on right. NL smelling kinda skunky and caffeine more like lemon heads candies.
CF9919F4 5FBF 4F38 8B3E BBF5DD45EFF8

Eledin

Eledin

Looking awesome and healthy! A bit too many burned tips since the last time, and some leaves are drooping, watch out for overwatering and overfeeding, I would lower the dose a bit and let them dry nicely before the next watering. It wont harm them, whenever they need water the leaves droop aswell, you give them water and back to normal. For a first grow, man, this looks awesome!

310grow

310grow

You may be right about the over watering so I’ll try and let them just begin to droop and then water again. Prob a day and a half or 2. I’ve only given one last round of dry nutrients as topping, and I split that dose between the two plants. Idk if it’s the soil or nutes or water ph.. 🤷🏽. I don’t know if I’ll figure this issue out, but I’m glad to have your eyes on these girls and to hear from you that they look ok. Thanks again for your support and feedback! Are you growin anything currently? Grow diary?? Im looking forward to the next set of plants and hope to make less mistakes next time. Maybe I can increase the size of the plants and use more of the tent space. These are 3gal pots and maybe 5’s will let them get bigger faster..? I prob have another 6-10 inches I can raise the light and it’s about 12-14 inches away now. Thoughts..?

Eledin

Eledin

Sometimes our plants cant take as many nutes as the manufacturers say, there's several factors like soil, genetics, strain, auto or photo etc... You will notice that when in doubt growers start with less and they add more if needed. I get a few burned tips but if they started poping everywhere I would inmediatly lower the dose, in you case since its already there is fine, didnt seem to do a lot of damage, just a few more burned tips that one would like. Do they really dry in 1 or 2 days? Even if the top of the soil is dry you make sure with a stick or you finger that is a few inches dry at least? You should also start familiarizing yourself with the weight when theyre dry and when they're wet, you can really tell and if you can go by that is even better. I plant 4 in 5 gallon pots in a 3x3x6feet. You can easily cover every spot like that specially if youre willing to do LST. Right now I only have 4 small seedlings, harvested about a week and a half ago or a little more, these 2 ladies
1681100497854-png.1349686

1681100487369-png.1349685

From my post "Growing on a tight budget" Matanuska auto toped. Now waiting for the Skywalker OG Runtz XL auto, I might start a grow diary when theyre bigger. I planted the germinated seed in 5 gallon, even autos seem to come bigger but they take a bit more of time.

I took those 3 blueberry autos from a 56Watts cardboard indoor I was runing as an experiment but since I have space and time until the Skywalker grows, Im giving them extra, this tent has 150W on top and 50 on the sides. Im not mad about how they look for 56W until the second week of flower but theyre small. This is the cardboard indoor where they were, got another 5 blueberries coming, these will stay in there til the end, lets see how much I can get for 56W with 5 plants.

They have suffered from high temperatures and lack of air because I couldnt afford to buy the extraction fan until a few days ago, them power bills are getting nasty in here. But they should be fine now.
Ill probably be updating them in the "Growing on a budget" post since thats basically what this is. I cant wait to get my hands on a good LED panel but as of now Im quite broke hahaha. I used to have 2 indoor tents in my previous house, with HPS lights.

Last edited:
Eledin

Eledin

This is how the indoor looks at 200W, I only use the side bars for flowering until its time to give them less light. The mixture of lights creates a full spectrum with blue and red peaks, I would like to have more full spectrum instead of purple but the reality is that they are cheaper and the mixed light seem to have worked with the 2 ladies I choped
The total cost of everything inside the tent plus the tent was around 270 euros (including 3 fans and a filter). Thats less than what a cheap LED panel costs for a 3x3 coverage... went with LED bulbs and bars instead.

Last edited:
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Damn. Nice work. My caffeine is all smoked up. It was some damn good smoke. Might have to run her back. Happy grows.

310grow

310grow

This is how the indoor looks at 200W, I only use the side bars for flowering until its time to give them less light. The mixture of lights creates a full spectrum with blue and red peaks, I would like to have more full spectrum instead of purple but the reality is that they are cheaper and the mixed light seem to have worked with the 2 ladies I choped
The total cost of everything inside the tent plus the tent was around 270 euros (including 3 fans and a filter). Thats less than what a cheap LED panel costs for a 3x3 coverage... went with LED bulbs and bars instead.
View attachment 1957175Wow those trees you chopped looked nice! I like the setup too. I have a little cardboard/foil setup for the caffeine clones… haha! It works great with an LED desk lamp and a small sized box lined with foil..👍🏽. Thanks for sharing the pics and info!

310grow

310grow

Sometimes our plants cant take as many nutes as the manufacturers say, there's several factors like soil, genetics, strain, auto or photo etc... You will notice that when in doubt growers start with less and they add more if needed. I get a few burned tips but if they started poping everywhere I would inmediatly lower the dose, in you case since its already there is fine, didnt seem to do a lot of damage, just a few more burned tips that one would like. Do they really dry in 1 or 2 days? Even if the top of the soil is dry you make sure with a stick or you finger that is a few inches dry at least? You should also start familiarizing yourself with the weight when theyre dry and when they're wet, you can really tell and if you can go by that is even better. I plant 4 in 5 gallon pots in a 3x3x6feet. You can easily cover every spot like that specially if youre willing to do LST. Right now I only have 4 small seedlings, harvested about a week and a half ago or a little more, these 2 ladies
1681100497854-png.1349686

1681100487369-png.1349685

From my post "Growing on a tight budget" Matanuska auto toped. Now waiting for the Skywalker OG Runtz XL auto, I might start a grow diary when theyre bigger. I planted the germinated seed in 5 gallon, even autos seem to come bigger but they take a bit more of time.
View attachment 1957139
I took those 3 blueberry autos from a 56Watts cardboard indoor I was runing as an experiment but since I have space and time until the Skywalker grows, Im giving them extra, this tent has 150W on top and 50 on the sides. Im not mad about how they look for 56W until the second week of flower but theyre small. This is the cardboard indoor where they were, got another 5 blueberries coming, these will stay in there til the end, lets see how much I can get for 56W with 5 plants.
View attachment 1957144
They have suffered from high temperatures and lack of air because I couldnt afford to buy the extraction fan until a few days ago, them power bills are getting nasty in here. But they should be fine now.
Ill probably be updating them in the "Growing on a budget" post since thats basically what this is. I cant wait to get my hands on a good LED panel but as of now Im quite broke hahaha. I used to have 2 indoor tents in my previous house, with HPS lights.
Harvest looks amazing!!

Eledin

Eledin

Harvest looks amazing!!
Thanks! Yours looks promising too! And the cardboard indoors are great hahaha you can make them the size you want. I also have a cardboard box with thread to hang weed in times of need. I prefeer to use my indoor to dry because of the smell, I have a carbon filter, but having 2 grows now that wont be always possible. I can put the cardboard box inside the tent tho so I can keep the grow running without the drying weed getting any light exposure.

310grow

310grow

Thanks! Yours looks promising too! And the cardboard indoors are great hahaha you can make them the size you want. I also have a cardboard box with thread to hang weed in times of need. I prefeer to use my indoor to dry because of the smell, I have a carbon filter, but having 2 grows now that wont be always possible. I can put the cardboard box inside the tent tho so I can keep the grow running without the drying weed getting any light exposure.
Eledin you must know my cousin Tom… he knows how to MacGyver errrythang…hahha! I’m hopeful the harvest will go ok… but really I had hoped for bigger fatter bigger buds at this point🤷🏽. Just glad I haven’t had any major issues so far. I’ll def be happy if the quality is good though. I really can’t wait to start the next grow. Im getting excited to see these two finish out and looking forward to growing something hearty and interesting next.

Eledin

Eledin

Ah yeah I get what you mean, every time you have new knowledge or something new to try you wanna finish the one you have and start another one hahaha. Dont let that make you cut them before time, those babies need to fatten and the last weeks are the most important for that. Make sure that the trichomes are mostly milky at which point they will have some amber aswell. Trust me, those buds look nice and they still have to fatten, Ive seen less healthy plants give good weed and its your first grow! You only had a bit more of feeding they will be good trust me. Water them a bit less whenever you see droopy leaves, they should be praying (pointing upwards) or straight. Also get something with more magnification, I cant tell which trichomes are mature, they all look white but its impossible that they are all mature, the plant is not done yet and there should be ambar aswell when most are milky. Great job overall man, trust me your plants look way better than many first grows, what happened to you could happen to anyone and its not a big deal.

310grow

310grow

Day 54 Flower
Caffeine on left and Nothern Lights #10 on right.

A64F11D4 B681 4C44 A51D F19C63965AEB
310grow

310grow

Day 54 flower vid.
Caffeine L and Northern Lights 10 R.
Trichs are getting cloudy but only 1/100 are amber if I had to guess on Caffeine and a few more amber on NL10. Both had a good watering yesterday. Caffeine is due to finish 5/7/23 and NL10 could be sooner but we’ll see… this is unfamiliar territory and I’m just trying to be patient and keep an eye on em. Maybe the yellowing and leaves dying comes soon..🤷🏽

Top Bottom