Very 1st grow…Learning as we go… (Caffeine Clone & Northern Lights #10) (Spider Farmer 2x2)

• Thread starter 310grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
310grow

310grow

Day 33 Flower Caffeine Clone from Cloneguys.
2EE5C6D3 8FCF 47D5 A32F 8BD24C58A115
138EF3C0 4A13 4421 893E 5F0A816C0431
12B1BD09 6D4D 439A BDF1 C30A5CF806C2
7CA030E0 F2FA 4163 841F D886EB27B428
AF13D4C6 5CF6 41CD B597 F1A46B40BBFD
36C9EB89 CCE2 4987 830E ABB214A0FFB0

Eledin

Eledin

Nice, youre putting a lot of effort for a first time grow, I can tell that you like it and you did quite a bit of research before going into it, and of course learning along the way! Your plants look healthy and Im pretty sure theyre starting to smell awesome already, you'll be happy when the nugs start fattening! Hehehe

310grow

310grow

Nice, youre putting a lot of effort for a first time grow, I can tell that you like it and you did quite a bit of research before going into it, and of course learning along the way! Your plants look healthy and Im pretty sure theyre starting to smell awesome already, you'll be happy when the nugs start fattening! Hehehe
Thank you 🙏🏽. Definitely enjoy learning the process first hand. They have some smell but not enough for my nose to recognize any scents. Can’t wait to see the buds grow fat. Nobody has chimes in about the slight yellowing and browning or burnt tips..🤷🏽

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Thank you 🙏🏽. Definitely enjoy learning the process first hand. They have some smell but not enough for my nose to recognize any scents. Can’t wait to see the buds grow fat. Nobody has chimes in about the slight yellowing and browning or burnt tips..🤷🏽
I saw it but it sounds like you've got some experience so I figured you were trying to push the plants.

Eledin

Eledin

Oh dont even worry about it unless all of them start having burnt tips. Its a sign that youre feeding them well, the excess nutrients might burn a few tips but its better than feeding them less as long as you dont go crazy with the doses.

310grow

310grow

I saw it but it sounds like you've got some experience so I figured you were trying to push the plants.
Zero prior experience growing and I had no intention to “push” the plants. I only gave them dry organic topping fertilizer once when they flipped over to flower. I doubt I’ll do the 2nd treatment as it was supposed to be every 14 days but idk… looks like they still have excess nutrients to burn maybe🤔

310grow

310grow

Oh dont even worry about it unless all of them start having burnt tips. It’s a sign that youre feeding them well, the excess nutrients might burn a few tips but it’s better than feeding them less as long as you dont go crazy with the doses.
Thank you for the feedback. I’ll probably hold off on the 2nd dose as it was organic dry blooming fertilizer used as topping and there must be plenty in that one dose still. Thx again.

Eledin

Eledin

Thank you for the feedback. I’ll probably hold off on the 2nd dose as it was organic dry blooming fertilizer used as topping and there must be plenty in that one dose still. Thx again.
Glad to be of help. I personally wouldnt skyp the next feeding but I would use less dosage depending on how many burnt tips I see. You see, its only some leaves that are trying to store more than they can, most of your leaves dont seem to have burnt tips so there's no need to cut the feding. That said maybe is better to wait for someone with more experience in organic growing than me, but organic is suposed to be safer since the plant absorbs the nutrients slow but steady.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Zero prior experience growing and I had no intention to “push” the plants. I only gave them dry organic topping fertilizer once when they flipped over to flower. I doubt I’ll do the 2nd treatment as it was supposed to be every 14 days but idk… looks like they still have excess nutrients to burn maybe🤔
Or not.......it could also be pH lock out beginning but some don't believe that can happen in soil so you have a few different scenarios to choose from.😏

Eledin

Eledin

Well if its PH a meassurement of the next runoff might tell. If its nutes, dont even worry, Im not happy finding a good dose for my plants til I burn a few leaf tips, then I know the capabilities of that plant. Even in plants from the same strain, some dont take fertilizers as well and some might be quite the hungry lady, if so let her feast.

Last edited:
Eledin

Eledin

Yes, but dont be discouraged if yours doesnt look the same, think that from all their plants they choose the best looking ones for pictures, and its your first grow aswell. As you can see, even the one in the picture has yellow tips, and if you search for matured buds in google images for example you will see that often, even burned tips and yellow on the sides in the suggar leaves if you go to the extreme. Theyre not burned until the tip is brown and dry, and even then if its only a few tips thats fine, if they keep appearing then yes, reduce the dosage but yellow tips are quite common when youre aiming to feed them as much as possible without compromising the plant.

310grow

310grow

Yes, but dont be discouraged if yours doesnt look the same, think that from all their plants they choose the best looking ones for pictures, and its your first grow aswell. As you can see, even the one in the picture has yellow tips, and if you search for matured buds in google images for example you will see that often, even burned tips and yellow on the sides in the suggar leaves if you go to the extreme. Theyre not burned until the tip is brown and dry, and even then if its only a few tips thats fine, if they keep appearing then yes, reduce the dosage but yellow tips are quite common when youre aiming to feed them as much as possible without compromising the plant.
Thank you for sharing that… I really appreciate being able to learn from you and all those in this community who share their knowledge and growing experiences. I found this site while looking for info on the caffeine clone. It was a freebie from a local dispensary and I decided to grow it instead of tossing it. I’m so glad I did…
I won’t expect the same results but would love to get anything close!

Eledin

Eledin

Its a pleassure to be able to learn and help interacting with other growers. Youre doing great for your first grow. Btw if you cant smell them much right now try opening the tent right when the lights go on, you will notice the smell more as they spend the dark period regenerating terpenes that get evaporated during the light period by light. Thats one reason why you should harvest always at the end of the dark period, the second reason is because when they recieve light they will start taking food that they stored during the night from the roots, which will affect the flavor in a bad way because its not as "clean". Keep in mind that its at the END of the dark period, you gotta let them sit in the dark as much as possible so they send the food down to the roots and have more time to regenerate terpenes, but dont wait until the lights go on either. Some people leave them 1 to 3 days in darkness before harvest hoping to get better flavour and potency but the science behind it is unclear, many growers are convinced that it helps and some do it just in case. If you wanna do 1-3 days dark period it wont hurt your plants if theyre healthy, just make sure that the humidity is not too high and that you didnt water them recently because darkness +high humidity = mold. I think it might be specially helpful for autos since people use 18 hours of light and not 12 like photoperiodic seeds. Some people even go with 24/0 schedule because it might be faster, in which case it will benefit from a dark period before harvest 100%, but I never did that schedule because its proven that most plants, inluding weed, benefit from a dark period.

Last edited:
Top Bottom