Very Basic First Grow

• Thread starter brian77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brian77

brian77

Hi guys. Thanks so much for all the help and advice up to now. Much appreciated. 3rd week of flower now. Still growing. Hoping it will stop soon. First grow so not sure what to expect or how it is doing. Seems good to me. What are your views? Ta

Very basic first grow
Very basic first grow 2
Very basic first grow 3
Very basic first grow 4
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Hi guys. Thanks so much for all the help and advice up to now. Much appreciated. 3rd week of flower now. Still growing. Hoping it will stop soon. First grow so not sure what to expect or how it is doing. Seems good to me. What are your views? Ta

She has wis-akers :cool: Will be following for the finish.... Good Luck!

I have a couple at about the same stage.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Yours look ok to be but i should not be view as an authority either as this is on my second grow and the first to get near harvest. I am sure there are several others watching this thread with far more experience than I.

Here is a link to a page i use for help. The other thing that will help you is to take close-ups of your plants and leaves that are showing issues and publish here. You will receive a lot of suggestions and then you can use the ones that best fit your situation.

https://www.leafly.com/news/growing/sick-cannabis-plant-nutrient-deficiencies

Good Luck and Good Fortune!

brian77

brian77

Yours look ok to be but i should not be view as an authority either as this is on my second grow and the first to get near harvest. I am sure there are several others watching this thread with far more experience than I.

Here is a link to a page i use for help. The other thing that will help you is to take close-ups of your plants and leaves that are showing issues and publish here. You will receive a lot of suggestions and then you can use the ones that best fit your situation.

https://www.leafly.com/news/growing/sick-cannabis-plant-nutrient-deficiencies

Good Luck and Good Fortune!
That's great man. Thanks. Keep posting pics of your plant, I'll try to monitor how each progress :)

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Plant looks great! Whatever you're doing is working, keep it up. What strain is it? Looks to have some sativa in it with the thin leaves and long petioles.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
They look excellent. Our plants are quite similar. This is my first grow, not sure about the amounts of npk I should be using. Was told to increase the pk and reduce the n. Does that sound right?

The plants look good and don't look like they really need much of anything but TLC and time. During flowering, plants use more of the P & K, while common wisdom is to decrease the N slightly. If you look at almost any fertilizers designed for flowering, the N will usually be lower than the other 2...during growth stage, the plant uses more N, which is used for building a lot of the general mass of the plant and not the flowers as much.
Depending on your growth medium, you might not need to add too much to them as it can get stored in the dirt/soil. With fertilizer, 20-20-20 (NPK) is considered a general purpose dose that is pretty good for everything. When flowering, the numbers change with more Potassium and Phosphorus used for the flowers.
My biggest disappointment is when I get a bunch of "Whiskers" that shrink to a piece of fuzz when it dries, especially early in flowering! I find that time and light intensity are often shorted by early growers, simply because they are eager to try their crop as well as not using as much light as they should.
Things are looking great...keep up the great job. Each little tweak makes it a little better. Enough little tweaks makes a great big difference! Patience and don't overthink it is the secret, I think.

brian77

brian77

Plant looks great! Whatever you're doing is working, keep it up. What strain is it? Looks to have some sativa in it with the thin leaves and long petioles.
Cheers! I noticed that too. Leaves were really thick to start off then these think ones appeared. It's just a royalqueenseed easy bud! These new thin leaves, what will this mean. Thanks :)

brian77

brian77

The plants look good and don't look like they really need much of anything but TLC and time. During flowering, plants use more of the P & K, while common wisdom is to decrease the N slightly. If you look at almost any fertilizers designed for flowering, the N will usually be lower than the other 2...during growth stage, the plant uses more N, which is used for building a lot of the general mass of the plant and not the flowers as much.
Depending on your growth medium, you might not need to add too much to them as it can get stored in the dirt/soil. With fertilizer, 20-20-20 (NPK) is considered a general purpose dose that is pretty good for everything. When flowering, the numbers change with more Potassium and Phosphorus used for the flowers.
My biggest disappointment is when I get a bunch of "Whiskers" that shrink to a piece of fuzz when it dries, especially early in flowering! I find that time and light intensity are often shorted by early growers, simply because they are eager to try their crop as well as not using as much light as they should.
Things are looking great...keep up the great job. Each little tweak makes it a little better. Enough little tweaks makes a great big difference! Patience and don't overthink it is the secret, I think.
Thanks so much. This is great information. I agree with the patience. It's difficult because it's my first grow, I want to add and water more etc. Just eager! I've been really patient and it seems to be working. I'll try a few tweaks. Nothing too major. I'll keep posting pics. Hope you keep viewing and any info and more tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks again

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Thanks so much. This is great information. I agree with the patience. It's difficult because it's my first grow, I want to add and water more etc. Just eager! I've been really patient and it seems to be working. I'll try a few tweaks. Nothing too major. I'll keep posting pics. Hope you keep viewing and any info and more tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks again

Patience is the hardest part of starting to grow. Everyone is like an expectant father at their 1st babie's birth...by your 3rd or 4th grow you will probably throw out half of your current stuff and not worry about much of anything! The "Whiskers" that seem so huge while growing shrink down, and the buds look massive. This is the easiest time to get fooled as they look big, but they haven't got the heft that you get on the last couple of weeks. I tend to let mine go longer than most people, but I think it makes a difference in taste and activity. Keep up the good work!

C

commycharb

Height is always a problem for a new grower. Especially in a tent. May I suggest you kink the main stems near the top end.. Bend them over. It wont hurt the plant or cause problems. The plant will stop growing vertically and focus on the lower regions. I recommend you go to growweedeasy.org they have a lot of info you can read. Their plant diagnosis tool is very informative. Also excessive nitrogen in the flowering stage can delay flowering causing you to wait longer for your harvest.
cheers and good luck!

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
That's great man. Thanks. Keep posting pics of your plant, I'll try to monitor how each progress :)

Went to defoliate and found these in the back. :cool:

By the time i went to top the plants i "thought" i was keeping up. Obviously i was not. The ones that were routinely topped seem to be producing a lot of "popcorn" buds. Oh well beginners luck. I'll take it.

20190218 164703
20190218 164752
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Height is always a problem for a new grower. Especially in a tent. May I suggest you kink the main stems near the top end.. Bend them over. It wont hurt the plant or cause problems. The plant will stop growing vertically and focus on the lower regions. I recommend you go to growweedeasy.org they have a lot of info you can read. Their plant diagnosis tool is very informative. Also excessive nitrogen in the flowering stage can delay flowering causing you to wait longer for your harvest.
cheers and good luck!

That would be me!!! Heavy sigh.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Patience is the hardest part of starting to grow. Everyone is like an expectant father at their 1st babie's birth...by your 3rd or 4th grow you will probably throw out half of your current stuff and not worry about much of anything! The "Whiskers" that seem so huge while growing shrink down, and the buds look massive. This is the easiest time to get fooled as they look big, but they haven't got the heft that you get on the last couple of weeks. I tend to let mine go longer than most people, but I think it makes a difference in taste and activity. Keep up the good work!

True That!! sometimes i feel like i am waiting again for my first to be born again.... I go to the cabinet several times a day, and have to force myself to walk away without opening the cabinet. I force my attention to the grow cabinet instead.

And now that i have two large colas to focus on, it is even harder.... i need at least another week probably two. Everything is still clear. Not even smokey, much less amber.

"open... open... open..." lol

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Top Bottom