Vietnam Black Grow

• Thread starter Billygoat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HarryNugz

HarryNugz

I forgot my Q's. When did you take your pictures? Don't worry about the mutant looking ones. They'll grow out of it and be beauties. I had a couple late bloomers that were behind the others in size too. They'll catch up as well. I never discount mutants or stragglers as they've been some real stunners when taken to flower. Since this is a preservation, I keep all unless they show hermy traits. Then it's off with their heads!

Not happy with my pics as they are profile shots and not looking down like yours. I'll try again when it's cooler out.
I'll edit them to reduce size then post a couple if that's ok.

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Oh yeah Billy...now ur talkin....lookin healthy now! Nice job of bringin back so nicely...quickly too!

Billygoat

Billygoat

thanx for the update bg! cant wait for these babies to take off :)
Not a problem. They are surely doing better. I'm sure they are going to grow like wild fire.

I forgot my Q's. When did you take your pictures? Don't worry about the mutant looking ones. They'll grow out of it and be beauties. I had a couple late bloomers that were behind the others in size too. They'll catch up as well. I never discount mutants or stragglers as they've been some real stunners when taken to flower. Since this is a preservation, I keep all unless they show hermy traits. Then it's off with their heads!

Not happy with my pics as they are profile shots and not looking down like yours. I'll try again when it's cooler out.
I'll edit them to reduce size then post a couple if that's ok.

What do you mean? When I took the pictures? A couple of days ago. It's looking like they are all going to grow out of that funk. I'm hoping to see some special plants like your talking about. Your more then welcome to post any info and pictures. I don't mind and I don't think anyone else does.

No worries on the pictures. I'm sure you'll get some good ones. Don't over do yourself in the heat.
Take care,
BG

Oh yeah Billy...now ur talkin....lookin healthy now! Nice job of bringin back so nicely...quickly too!
Thanks, I got to come back and I'm stoked.
Take care,
BG

HarryNugz

HarryNugz

What do I mean? Good question. I was under Betty's influence at the time.

I took some pics to edit size and forgot to transfer the folder over to my computer b4 going to bed. DOH!
Looks like tomorrow to git er done.

Billygoat

Billygoat

It's all good Harry. I didn't understand if you was asking what day I took them or what, but it's all good. I wish the Betty samples where better. It was either enter it so others could sample it or not. Next round will be better. I personally thought I over dried it, but even I make mistakes. Hope you enjoyed it.

Now, lay off the Betty and get us some pictures, lolol
Take care,
BG

HarryNugz

HarryNugz

Finally got a decent pic of one of the two that are the most Sativa of the bunch. I number them 1-10 and this is #1. I'm off to judge my cup samples.

DSC 0118d
DSC 0116b
Billygoat

Billygoat

WOW!

Those are some very nice looking plants. I'm not just saying that either, wow! Glad to see they are doing well. Better looking then mine. I will say this, though. It looks like a couple of mine are about to take off and good crazy. They are producing nice roots and are totally green. Nice thick stalks also.

Thanks for sharing your info and pictures. Please feel free to post any info or pictures. Don't feel like you have to ask. Just post your heart out. Make it easier to keep all the info together.

Well, mine are getting better by the day. The runts are coming around. I'm thinking about mixing up some coco mix tomorrow and get ready to start transplanting into bigger containers. I think I'm just going to Hydro hand water. If that's the right term.

Well, it's late for me and got cuts to get ready. Got to get that next generation of OE ready.
Take care,
BG

Billygoat

Billygoat

Hello everyone.

just thought I would pop on in and give a little update. Well, the first transplant is done. I transplated 7 of the VB and the one 303, but that's for the other thread. I went with Canna Coco and Fox Farm chunky perlite. The mixture is a 70/30 coco mixture. I also went with Canna Coco A/B coco Nutz. I did a mixture of the A/B, Calmag, House and Garden Root excelurator.

Fed them @ 700ppm and 5.6 PH. Never grown in coco, but we should be good to go. I'm done with soil, till I can mix my own mixture. I think the coco will be easier to bounce back if there is any problems. Well, that's about it. Plants are starting to take off. Once they settle after the transplant. I'm guessing they are going to haul ass.

OH, I place them under a Sunleaves T8 light with grow bulbs. They should love that after the shop lights with cool tubes. That's about it
Take care,
BG

J

Jalisco Kid

I can hardly wait. I have blackie at the ranch but she has been hit up by some ruthless males from where I do not know. I would love some more of the same to take down and start over. I had them high up a steep narrow arroyo.The nevilles were on the other side. They must be f12's by now. I took that and the N haze fet had down to the ranch when fet and dman were still together. That and toms haze is the only stuff I burn down there. Blackie has been diluted but I still only smoke here on the beach for a week or so to I get used to her. She will take you right up to the cliff, while the P haze will just pick you up and throw your ass right off. Take lots of cuts as I had problems cloning her. JK

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
I can hardly wait. I have blackie at the ranch but she has been hit up by some ruthless males from where I do not know. I would love some more of the same to take down and start over. I had them high up a steep narrow arroyo.The nevilles were on the other side. They must be f12's by now. I took that and the N haze fet had down to the ranch when fet and dman were still together. That and toms haze is the only stuff I burn down there. Blackie has been diluted but I still only smoke here on the beach for a week or so to I get used to her. She will take you right up to the cliff, while the P haze will just pick you up and throw your ass right off. Take lots of cuts as I had problems cloning her. JK

i like your style brotha

much respect

HarryNugz

HarryNugz

A little update on mine. The most Sativa pair #'s 1 & 2 hit the 30 day mark Saturday and are looking superb. I'm hoping at least 1 is a male as they have the look i'm after. Most important though is quality of the effect! The others are doing fine too and range from narrow leaves to one that has very fat leaves. Must be the Indy pheno of the VB. I really love the diversity of this strain and welcome the more Indica side as well. My seeds will be separated by parent so as to keep the Sativa side separate from the Indica as best as possible. More to follow......

B

Bucky

Well, I know allot of people have been waiting for this project a long time.
No shit..since about 2007 is my guess. Got some VB and VB x Dalat myslef. One of these days I'll get to them...Good luck with your grow.
Nice to read you again. I was wondering where you went.

HarryNugz

HarryNugz

After my last post I went to check on the plants and to my surprise #1 is a female. Showed it's gender in two separate locations. That's got to be a record for me. Never had a plant let alone a Sativa show sex in 30 days!
I just hope the other is a male or at least one of the #'s 3-6 are male.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Afternoon,

first, sorry I'm not going to post replies to everyone. I'll try and get to them over the weekend. I wanted to give you members a good update. Again, sorry I've been super busy. Just spent 7 hours on the road and had to get some clones to do a run of the older crosses. I'll talk about that in another thread.

Well, the VB are doing ok. I say OK, because now there is another problem. I'm hoping those that grow in coco can give me a heads up. If you look at the picture. You will notice they are a light green going to pale. I'm guessing N or Mag. I've read and heard coco is a Cal-Mag hog. I was using the Canna Coco nutz and didn't see any changes in color, so I went with old trusted 3 part GH. No real change to speak of. I'm mixing one gallon jugs and also adding 5ml of Cal-mag. Any help would be great. I'm going to flush them tomorrow with a light mixture and check the run off. See if the ph is right also.

They are growing fine, just they are not happy and green like they should be. Roots are not a problem. You can see below. The root system is more then happy. Just got to dial in the nutz and they should really take off. I think they are doing well, but will explode when I get the mixture right.

I'm happy with that product that helps with the roots. Roots look really nice and will be using this stuff from now on. I'm open to any thoughts or help. Jump on in and let me know what you think. Once we get them dialed in. I'm thinking they are going to go crazy.

If you notice, some are different then the others. I'll take better pictures over the weekend. I'm thinking more on the Indy side and one more sativish. Don't know if that word is spelled right. lolol

I'm thinking we should be good to go. Just going to have to get them healthier and then get them into some 5 gal pots. They will go into the pollen room and I'm sure I'll throw some odd ball female clones to get dusted by the male pollen.

Well, I'm tired from all the driving today. I'll post more tonight. Take a look at the pics and let me know what you all think. Thanks for all the replies and sorry I'm to tied to go through them. I'll catch up later on. Thanks for the support.
Take care,
BG

VB_7-15.JPG

VB_7-15c.JPG

VB_7-15b.JPG

VB_7-15d.JPG

HarryNugz

HarryNugz

Those are looking good there BG! Does look like those have some of the Sat./Indica mix going on but still very nice blades and structure.

The Limy's as I call em tend to grow out of it and should be watched for changes. You don't want to over correct for a natural accurance. My #10 is one and was lime green and yellow but just corrected itself. Adding cal/mag is a must especially in coco. I also have another which may be male that also corrected itself.

Are the plants in the upper left first photo VB's? Those look like mostly or all Sativa.

Roots look super healthy and happy in the last photo, Great Job!!!!!!!!

Billygoat

Billygoat

Thanks Harry,

thanks for the help and info. I sent you a pm on the other site. I checked them this morning and they are doing better. They are adding color now and looking like they are doing better. Looks like they are up taking the nutz. Also, I checked the run off and it's looking perfect also.

The PH run off is 5.7-5.8, so that's just perfect. I'm guessing they should really look better in a few days. As long as the PH stays in the correct range. They should look pretty good. I think by the end of the week. I'm going to transplant them into 5 gal containers. They should really take off and once that happens. I should have some nice side branching going on. Then I can take some cuts from the plants and do the sexing.

All and all, things are looking ok so far. Will see what happens down the road. I hope everyone has a nice weekend.
Take care,
BG

Edit: Sorry Harry, those plants in the upper corner are Ble Dream clones. I'm getting my rotation in order to restock the old crosses. Stuff like the Oriental Blue, Oriental Cheese, Oriental Express F3, etc. Getting my rotation all in order for the pollen room.

HarryNugz

HarryNugz

Good to hear yours are doing good now. You'll probably shoot ahead of me since yours are inside already. Mine seem to be sexing quick and early. I have 5 fems and a possible male. I think i'll take some cuts of the remaining and sex them out and start to prepare for the main event.

On an off topic note, I just germed some Soma Lavender and a couple ErdPurt. The Paki Chitral Kush are being stubborn. Can't just smoke Vietnamese, need some variety!

Billygoat

Billygoat

Hey Harry,

thanks again for stopping by with the info and pictures. Glad to see you around and nice to see you doing your thing as well. Ya, i think your right. Mine might grow past your soon. I'm thinking this week. I might transplanting them into the 5 gallon containers. I think once they get in there. I'm going to be in trouble for sure.

I looked at the drain holes in the containers. They got plenty of roots and I would get they are getting close to being root bound. I think I'm going to transplant them soon. I'm also going to hit them up with more of that need root stuff. I'll have to dig up the name again. The roots seem to be doing well. I'll make sure to take some pictures.

I hear you on not smoking the same thing. I've always got a mix going. I've got some nice OE#2 girls just starting to flower now. I'm thinking about getting those 303 seeds going before Sept and maybe something else. Will see what happens.

Well, I'm tired. Take care and thanks for the support. I hope your doing well.
Later,
BG

Billygoat

Billygoat

Hello everyone,

here is some updates. Just had to post a few pictures for everyone to see. I can tell you this. I'm over soil and loving the Canna coco and what isn't doing for a healthy root mass. Now if I can get the coco feeding dialed in. I'm be one super happy camper.

I haven't seen roots this healthy in soil for some time. I'm loving this coco and got to thank Zoe for his help. I can't believe how the roots grow in this stuff. They really do grow all different directions. WOW!

Here's some pictures. You will see I'm still having some issues, but I'm working on it. They are growing pretty well and I know they are going to really take off. Once the roots feel they have more room. It's going to be on, so I'm going to be taking some cuts shortly and doing some sexing. Then I'm going to bush them out and take all the cuts i might need. Here's some pictures. I've got some more transplanting to do and I just wanted to get these pictures up. I'll get a group picture once they are all transplanted.

Thanks for stopping by everyone. Take care, BG

7-22.JPG

7-22b.JPG

7-22e.JPG

7-22d.JPG

7-22c.JPG

7-22a.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom