Vietnam Black Grow

• Thread starter Billygoat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billygoat

Billygoat

Thanks guys! Means allot to me. Things are going well. Had a little problem and the girl got damaged. She's doing better, but I'm hoping she pulls through. Had some limbs get broken and had to cage her up. Either way, she was just a girl I sexed and keep going to sample some of her.

Main main test. Will be with all the others. Today I moved the last three. Into the flower room to sex. Once I know what those are. I'm going to arrange to flower all the VB and get those girls all dusted up.

I transplants the backup clones and they will be moved into the pollen room once sexing is all done. I will pull cuts off of them before moving into flower room. I'm going to hang another 600 and hope 4 of them will do the trick.

I'll post more info as it comes along.
Take care,
BG

Z

zoeronerer

BillyGoat, Yes! Very nice looking lady with the thin leaves! Man, that looks SWEET! Thank you for showing her! Been here watching ...every day! Lol monkey5

please keep showin us bg man we are tuned in ....

most of the boost products help the transportation of sugars ..........from what i have been told,

Billygoat

Billygoat

Not a problem. A few things I've notices and will talk about. Once I get these seeds all done and harvested. I'm really going to have to write up some directions. I don't want anyone having issues with these.

Not that there are any issues. I say this, because they are not made for indoor growing, but they can be done. The Runt, and I'll get pictures when lights are off. Is growing to the roof, lolol. I think a couple of things need to be done with these.

1. Lots of light. I think now and I should have known better. Use a 1000HPS. Need that light to really hammer them. I think this will keep them lower. By saying lower, they are still going to want to get tall indoors.

2. If grown indoors. I think SCROG would be the way to go. You really would only need like 1-3 girls for a nice setup. If someone would build a nice frame with screen and really train these girls. I think they can yield very nicely indoors, but the key in my thoughts is SCROGGing them. I'm noticing some nice bud formations and think they could have a bunch of nice tops in SCROG. I would love to see someone do this, maybe I will later on down the line.

3. I think if someone is going to SCROG. I think the 5 gallon container should work nicely, but 3-5 gallons should do well. These plants are showing nice strong roots, so a large container will help the plant have a hugh root system and will help with over all yield.

4. Outdoor growing of these are really going to be crazy. Hopefully, this up coming spring. I will be in my greenhouse and will have a couple of these going. I will also plant some out in the bush and see how well they do on their own. I can see these hitting 15 feet with no problem. The overall outdoor yield should be super nice. "IF" they are grown to full term. I think this is going to be a problem for some.

I'm talking about this info, so when seeds are ready and grower's are thinking about buying them. I don't want to hear them bitching, but I'm sure there will be some of those. Grower's need to remember. These aren't your Kush's and aren't going to finish up in your 60 day range and before Oct. I'm just saying this, because they can take their time.

If one can let them go to full term. You will have some killer smoke and a nice haul. I'm guessing and this is a guess. I would say 3-5lbs on the low end and maybe 5-7 or more on the high end. I'll know more once I grow a few girls outdoors. I will be testing them christmas tree style and topping them and getting them to spread out. These that have been topped. Will need some wooded support below, because branches will break ones they start putting on weight.

Well, that's about it. These are just my "best guesses" and what i think. I'm learning more about these everyday. For those wanting to grow these indoors. They are doable, but I will knock out some hybrids for indoor growers.

Take care and have a nice and safe weekend.
Later,
BG

Z

zoeronerer

man i know rite wer to put my 15 footers !!!!!!!!

whats full term on these like 70 to 90 days bg?

i guess u will know more later but i figure someone knows the basic flowering duration.

..... these would do well indoors with no veg maybe all the dwc guys would like something with very little veg.

crosses sound lovely ... vb with that headband cut u have could be a killer ...

HarryNugz

HarryNugz

Had some issues with my vehicle so was away for a bit.

I decided to be proactive and talk with the guy b4 he was staring down my crop. Nice guy and said he didn't see anything but a normal backyard and gave me the company business card. I wouldn't tear down as that just denies me anything at all just to keep a potential ripper away. I'm 215 compliant so no worries there.

Happy news on the clones. All had rooted except the runt #7 which I hadn't taken cuts of yet. Will get them tomorrow and hope they root quick. If not, I still have the mother outside and she's a beauty!

Here are some pics of a VB grow by Highgrade a couple years back. Started approx. 20Mar and the pics are on day 256, Nov.30th. Just illustrates how long they'll go from seed. The profile shot is at 16' + and he was getting into mold issues.

Vb10
Vb11
Vb12  256 days
J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Say Harry...what do think about bending those since they want to grow so tall...any issues with that??

HarryNugz

HarryNugz

Bending the plant, or LowStressTraining would work real well. You just need to keep in mind the flowers will get heavy and may need support on the branches. When you do the LST, it opens up the lower bud sites to way more light essentually making them all tops.

In order not to get huge monsters, you'll need to sex the mom and take clones to flower immediately if indoors.
Outside, determine sex then take your clones and put outside when daylight is conducive to flowering. If you try and grow outside straight from seeds then you'll end up with a huge monster that won't finish like in the picture.

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
So if I understand you correctly, you don't put your VB fems outside until it's 12/12 outside? So if ,theoretically, I was ready to put them outside here in Cali it would be too soon at this point?

southstreets

southstreets

love myself some viet black billy!!! cant wait for these.. all you need to do is puttem somewhere wre shade hits.. it'll cut down the veg time a lil bit..

HarryNugz

HarryNugz

jonnynu..... mine have been outside from germination since around june 19th. The #'s 1&2 I did some LST on to see how they react. Norcal is pretty close to 13/11 and my Romulan already has about two weeks flower. Aug. 19th is close to the start of flowering for alot of Indica strains. The VB's look like they want to start flowering. With this strain, you can pre flower indoors early then take outside when the light is close to 12/12.

Ideally indoors you can manipulate it's environment to speed things up. You just need the headroom or space unless you prune aggressively.

I should also add that I did a Hawaiian x SMG that both parents take A long time too and LST'd them. For some reason they remained short and finished under 3' tall. They took 6mos from seed and needed 3 weeks inside to finish. Hoping similar results with the VB's!

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Harry... That monster in the picture....when did that girl go outdoors in order to get those results?....gotta another question...do you think they would handle the extreme heat of the desert in so cal that routinely get in the 110s ( if not hotter) during the hottest part of the summer? I know what the weather's like in Nam...it got really close to that an humid as hell to boot, so my thinking is they'll be alright... what do you think?

Z

zoeronerer

go go go harry .......

billy u wernt kiddin about the weight on dees plants

HarryNugz

HarryNugz

Just above that pic is all the info, but he started them around Mar20th and they still weren't done Nov30th. I'm not sure but they were probably from seed. It got to 110 here for a couple days and they didn't like it too well. I'm thinking in temps like that you need some shade cloth that allows light in and possibly misters! It's possible they could adapt but for the most part they'll get heat stress if it is prolonged high temps.

Billygoat

Billygoat

I've got to agree with Harry. I think shade cloth will have to be used. I know when I get my greenhouse in order. I will have a section I can black out. Either way, these girls are going to take some time. That's another reason for hybrid's. People are going to want something they can grow indoors and outdoors that will finish. Then again, people are going to want a pure line.

It will take time with these, but I'm looking into some females that will help bring down the flower time on some hybrids. Nice picture Harry and thanks for all the info. Glad to see this thread is doing so well. I hope everything is going well for you. Sorry, to hear about your car. I hope that worked out for you.

Here's a updated picture. I need to get a picture of the runt, because she's to the light and I can't raise them anymore. I might have to break the top. Any ways, thanks for all the info everyone. Thanks for keeping a good thread alive and everyone getting along. Take care and enjoy the picture.
Later,
BG

vb_8-28.JPG

alexdubbeat

alexdubbeat

love it, Billy! :) but looks like she have some deficiency... maybe iron?...

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
How ya doin Billy....have the boys met the girls yet?? Trying to get a some sort of an idea when you think these beans will be available...somewhere around the end of the year? early next year??

Billygoat

Billygoat

love it, Billy! :) but looks like she have some deficiency... maybe iron?...

Thanks, yes your right. For some reason and I don't know, but I've been burning through some iron this year. Guess it's since I've switched over to a 6 stage. I'm going to add some 4.0 I've got. They perk up after. Thanks for noticing. Trust me! They had some major color issues from the start. lolol They came along way. Hardly plant for sure. Iron is a issue for sure. On filtered water.
Thanks,
BG

How ya doin Billy....have the boys met the girls yet?? Trying to get a some sort of an idea when you think these beans will be available...somewhere around the end of the year? early next year??

Been busy like always. Working all the time and keeping a close eye on these. As for a time table. I'm not going to try and guess. I don't need members getting all pissy at me if I don't meet it. I've had to much happen with the Chocolate Thai F3's and don't want to go down that road again.

Let's just say, "IF" there aren't any problems. They will be done sometime before spring planting, but I would think before. Not going to try to put a month on it. Once i sex these last three plants and I just placed them in 12/12. I'm going to take all my cuts. Rooted them and as soon as they root. They are going in the pollen room.

Thanks Harry for that help. This should help control height. I'm guessing 90+ days of flowering. That's all i'm going to say on a time line. For those who are going to hound me. You still won't get a answer.
Thanks,
BG

PS, Johnny your not hounding me. Others in pms.
Thanks,

HarryNugz

HarryNugz

BG, that last pic you posted looks great! These are such beautiful plants. How tall was it when you started to flower?

Everyone keep in mind these are very long term plants and alot can happen to mess a grow up! My indoor VB's are really an experiment to see what techniques are needed to get a successful run complete. I'll take them as far as i can though. I have to put the outdoor plants inside tomorrow for the gardener to do his job. Will try and get some photos. They may not be the best pics, but hopefully it will show something of interest.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Thanks, and I agree with you. They are beautiful plants for sure. If one was to grow these outdoors. Man, you would have these long skinny cola's. I really can't wait to get these outdoors this spring. I'm guessing MONSTERS.

I think they where about 16-18" and I know! That was to tall, but the rotation was messed up. Next round that will be the seeds. I will do like you said and take some cuts. Once they root, flip them after transplanting and they should be good. This will be the seed harvest. Waiting on the last three to sex now.

Good luck Harry. I hope everything works out for you. Can't wait to see some more pictures. I'm about to break out my good camera and start taking some better pictures. Get some close up's with proper lighting. Let us know how things turn out for you.
Take care,
BG

Top Bottom