waaynes organic Golden Lion pheno hunt

• Thread starter waayne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
waayne

waayne

Whats up Ali!

It's definitely getting to be that time of year
I've been planting arugula ,spinach,and lettuce this week:)
Spring is definitely one of my favorite times of the year,there's always so much for the new season

For a flowering mix
I like to mix up

2 parts Roots Organic
2 parts Black Gold
1 part perlite

my well water is a PH of 7.0- 7.1 so I usually add 1 TBS of Dolomite lime per 15 gallons of soil mix
I never PH adjust my water and the slightly acidic Black Gold and Roots are buffered some by the neutral water so my PH stays in range
And Caps bennies and ACT help with that as well........

This mix will require regular feedings after a couple of weeks
It is not gonna be as rich as say Subcools Super Soil,I've tried doing versions of that and I always just burn some of the plants and I still end up needing to feed some anyway..

So I tend to prefer a mix that will let me start to feed as needed after a week or two........

Have a great Spring Ali!
There's nothing better than growing under the sun:)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Always Great Info Waynne..I am paying close attention to the way you do things.
Im sure lots of other farmers are too.

looks like 6 females and one pheno still being a little reluctant to show
Here are the other 5 females after the last transplant....
View attachment 291417
Nothing but H2o and a few drops of Sea Green so far
The ACT feedings will start later this week

I saw this pic and had to ask,
Those T5s work ok that far away? and on that size plant?

Aligee

Aligee

Whats up Ali!

Spring is definitely one of my favorite times of the year,there's always so much for the new season

For a flowering mix
I like to mix up

2 parts Roots Organic
2 parts Black Gold
1 part perlite

my well water is a PH of 7.0- 7.1 so I usually add 1 TBS of Dolomite lime per 15 gallons of soil mix
I never PH adjust my water and the slightly acidic Black Gold and Roots are buffered some by the neutral water so my PH stays in range

It is not gonna be as rich as say Subcools Super Soil,I've tried doing versions of that and I always just burn some of the plants and I still end up needing to feed some anyway..

So I tend to prefer a mix that will let me start to feed as needed after a week or two........

Have a great Spring Ali!
thanks for the reply Wayne, im pretty new to growing outdoors as ive always been in the city, anyhow im gonna see about duplicating this here thx again i cant wait seems spring is just around the corner:) just received a bunch of veggie seeds from ebay now i just need some herb seeds rosemary, basil etc. Heres to a Great spring to you bro :D

waayne

waayne

Always Great Info Waynne..I am paying close attention to the way you do things.
Im sure lots of other farmers are too.

I saw this pic and had to ask,
Those T5s work ok that far away? and on that size plant?

Ken that's a 8 tube fixture
I just took a look with my light meter and those Dirt Naps are receiving about 2500-3000 foot candles
That amount of light intensity in early veg will give me stocky, stout growth
In about a week I'll move them under 1000 watt metal halides and gradually increase intensity until they are getting about 4000-4500 foot candles
in preparation for the flower room, in which they'll get up to 8000-9000 foot candles

I like to veg under T5's until plants reach about 18"-22" in height ,then they go under the 1000 watt metal halides, which have better light penetration......

S

shavits

Awesome info you guys im really glad I came across this thread! Waayne have you ever used rice hulls in your soil mix instead of perlite? Whats your take on rice hulls? How do you feel about using them? Thanks again!​

soserthc1

soserthc1

soser I would suggest contacting the manufacturer and seeing where your nearest supplier/garden supply is located which carries Black Gold

Here's the contact info:

Sun Gro Horticulture
770 Silver Street
Agawam, MA 01001
United States of America

(413) 786-4343
(413) 789-3425 Fax

When I lived in Texas/Oklahoma I had the local garden supply order me a pallet of Black Gold every Spring
and they would cover the shipping cost since I was taking the whole pallet.......it's been awhile as I was paying $8 a bag:)
sweet thank you sir , much appreciate ........

blazer

blazer

Looking good bro, always so stress free,cant believe I just saw this thread glad I got here before the fun started cant wait to see you kill those bitches waayne!

Mogrow

Mogrow

Whats up Ali!

For a flowering mix
I like to mix up

2 parts Roots Organic
2 parts Black Gold
1 part perlite

Have a great Spring Ali!
Waayne // got my lettuce and spinach in right before the full moon yesterday. planted inside, take it out later. your golden lion gear looks stout, like bull moose..

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

waayne,are you adding any humidity in that veg room at all or is it pretty good by itself?Plants look stellar!grabbin a seat while i can,lol.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Sorry I'm late to the show buddy. I haven't been around the farm much lately.

Thanks for posting so much detailed info in this log man. It's always nice to see how you do things and I'm sure everyone appreciates the free lesson. I know I do.;)

I'll be posted up.

D

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Building momentum! Wayne do you mind talking about your transition from veg to bloom like tricks to minimize interruption of growth or whathaveyou? Anxious for the colors

waayne

waayne

Awesome info you guys im really glad I came across this thread! Waayne have you ever used rice hulls in your soil mix instead of perlite? Whats your take on rice hulls? How do you feel about using them? Thanks again!​
I have used rice hulls and liked them but they are expensive for me to obtain where I live
There are 2 perlite mills within an hour of me though.....
sweet thank you sir , much appreciate ........
Good luck buddy!
Looking good bro, always so stress free,cant believe I just saw this thread glad I got here before the fun started cant wait to see you kill those bitches waayne!
Whats up homie!
I'm looking forward to puffin these girls as well blazer!
Waayne // got my lettuce and spinach in right before the full moon yesterday. planted inside, take it out later. your golden lion gear looks stout, like bull moose..
Mogrow this gear is stout and vigorous
I have several 5-6 footesr with these babies now
I'm gonna need all of my 12 foot ceiling height for these stretchy girls
waayne,are you adding any humidity in that veg room at all or is it pretty good by itself?Plants look stellar!grabbin a seat while i can,lol.
Yes fishwhisle I do run humidifiers in veg and flower
pull up a chair buddy!
Excellent growth btw. How often do you switch out the t5 bulbs?
Man I run thru those bulbs pretty fast as it seems ones always burned out and needs replaced
I would guess they all get replaced on average twice a year...
Building momentum! Wayne do you mind talking about your transition from veg to bloom like tricks to minimize interruption of growth or whathaveyou? Anxious for the colors
caveman I run a bright flower room so I spend about 2-3 weeks transitioning from the veg to flower room by gradually increasing
light intensity and when I first move plants into flower they are given about 10-15% more light than in veg and the intensity is increased gradually over about 2 - 3 weeks so they don't UV burn or get bleached out......

Watering is increased and I start increasing their food as well in flower.

Here's some of my favorite Dirt Naps on day 26 of flower
These are some big, vigorous plants
IMG 9314

IMG 9316

IMG 9318

IMG 9328

IMG 9332

These are getting weekly doses of ACT
It should get interesting now that the stretch is over.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

This last run I got two out of a bunch that might come close to that stacking but still not as good or better.... Thanks for the tips on that transition Wayne!

waayne

waayne

Sorry I'm late to the show buddy. I haven't been around the farm much lately.

Thanks for posting so much detailed info in this log man. It's always nice to see how you do things and I'm sure everyone appreciates the free lesson. I know I do.;)

I'll be posted up.

D
You're never too late D
Stop by anytime homie!
beastin it waayne!!! those colas stacked up nicely
Jeezer these are some stretchy girls that just keep on going........
There's gonna be some two foot long cola's on these girls
This last run I got two out of a bunch that might come close to that stacking but still not as good or better.... Thanks for the tips on that transition Wayne!
Whats up caveman!
I'm still giving these a little alfalfa in their ACT so I may have encouraged a bit of this stretch
This next batch of ACT does not have any alfalfa in it

IMG 9341

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Cool so alfalfa in veg only sounds good to me...is there such thing as an organic version of vit b Advanced nutrient claims they have it in something derived from brewers yeast, suppose ably vit b stops some stretch but most of it is the kind of stnthetic I stay away from? Your plants always look bomb though.

Top Bottom