Walter's WhiteFireOG Trophy Hunt

• Thread starter WalterWhiteFire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
magnisium sulfate :D..is that the stuff? i would have to go look what the bag says
edit.. horticultre grade stuff

S

Steel Erection

Epsoms are only mg and will not replace a calmag product. I mix 1 tsp a gallon for foliar 2 tsp if def is bad. in the rez in late flowering, the sulfurs increase terpins and flavors and stuff.

The nutes I'm using are supposed to be a little low in Mag. But fine in cal. I think I've been jammin the cal-mag and locking out the mag with too much cal. LOL... Did ya get that? I read 1/2 tsp for light feeders, 1 tsp for heavy. Gonna try the 1/2 first. The hydro store had no epsom salt. Should I just use the drug store? -SE

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
made me walk out to the garage
The nutes I'm using are supposed to be a little low in Mag. But fine in cal. I think I've been jammin the cal-mag and locking out the mag with too much cal. LOL... Did ya get that? I read 1/2 tsp for light feeders, 1 tsp for heavy. Gonna try the 1/2 first. The hydro store had no epsom salt. Should I just use the drug store? -SE
DSC02813

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

I'm not sure if cal and mg are related in that way. If anything you should see a Mg toxicity not def. If you are using a salt based calmag product make sure you add this to your rez first before ANYTHING. You can get epsoms anywhere just make sure there isn't a fragrance added to the stuff intended as bath salts.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Whats too high for ppm on foliar and cant that same sign be a P problem also maybe just throwing that out there?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

ive heard cal mag coincide you need more mag than cal but need both to work but every plant is different though so i doubt there is an exact universal formula...

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

got it...thanks wwf and the wifi room looks like its coming along as you planned how many prospects you strongly considering?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

You have that backwards. You want 3-5x more calcium than mag, depending on medium more than plant
Do you know if that coco releases that cal mag back into the media or what happens to it that the roots cant get it cuz coco is the only media that really does that to me i mean soil less media that attempts to behave like soil that is..

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

Do you know if that coco releases that cal mag back into the media or what happens to it that the roots cant get it cuz coco is the only media that really does that to me i mean soil less media that attempts to behave like soil that is..

Ya its funny people say that coco doesn't need to be charged and also seem to think its kosh to just not use any calmag supplement.

I have done pretty extensive testing and it all comes down to CEC and cation base saturation ration's. Still learning, but calcium is the limiting factor, and you want anywhere from 60-80% calcium base saturation.

Not saying you can't grow in coco with just coco nute's but there is something to ammending coco prior to x planting or using additional calcium supplementation with preferably a high cal level.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Cool have you ran into calcium carbonate im about to experiment with it in what looks like my last coco run but ill use it as an ammendment...

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i have switched from calcium nitrate (pbp cal-mag +) to calcium carbonate GH cal-mag this dosent register on the ppm meter. i dont get any burnt leaf tips since the change, health wise plants seem about the same. it may be me but i think they smell better too, could be the molasses in the cal-mag?

Top Bottom