War breaks out within the marijuana legalization movement (part 1)

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

H3LLB0Y

so what's the deal with the coca and poppy plants - are they legal?

i do not mind for any sales transaction to be taxed.

other wise grow all you want.

true grit

true grit

Well thats the way the tax code should be- SALES TAX... not income tax. But since we have income tax its ridiculous to overtax on consumable goods just to get them legal. Ridiculous. And if we had a national sales tax we would not have an immigration issue either, SS#'s wouldn't matter, we just have a slightly higher cost on goods...which would drive a competitive market for businesses....ok gettin off on a tirade..

K

Kalcu

Maybe if you all would shut the fuck up and pass the buck then it wouldn't be an armed conflict! Guess your little baby in a cake if :mad0233: isn't sure about me for leadership! Seems some girls must die for a good CIA movie!:movie

fractal

fractal

If I could I would take all the pro-taxers and impale them on sticks. . . They want to get it in the ass OBVIOUSLY or they wouldn't be begging for even deeper bitch-dom.

You think you can just sell out and everything will be cool? Cannabis is a free radical, an enigma, it cannot be pinned down and it is COMPLETELY at odds with the paradigm of total control.

Those of you who want to bring more taxes on us had better watch out if they succeed.

Cali smoke

Cali smoke

Looks like the ROT2010 machine is in full steam, look what arrived in the mail today.

http://invalid.com/image/caecfaace.jpg
http://invalid.com/image/caecgaace.jpg
http://invalid.com/image/caeciaace.jpg
http://invalid.com/image/caecjaace.jpg
http://invalid.com/image/caeclaace.jpg

I don't even remember donating to their initiative.

R

Rolln J

Looks like the ROT2010 machine is in full steam, look what arrived in the mail today.

http://invalid.com/image/caecfaace.jpg
http://invalid.com/image/caecgaace.jpg
http://invalid.com/image/caeciaace.jpg
http://invalid.com/image/caecjaace.jpg
http://invalid.com/image/caeclaace.jpg

I don't even remember donating to their initiative.

I never thought Id say this about a proposition to legalize marijuana, but I hope this bullshit legislation falls flat on its face!

fractal

fractal

Friggin disgusting!! "Quality training for the cannabis industry" WTF? More like outdated ideals from burnt out 60's idiots!

Someone really anticipates legalization, and with all the cash they have racked up you think it's possible they just paid off up the line?

If the trucks start rolling with taxed cannabis, they won't be rolling far! Burning vehicles tend to go out of control.

S

stardust

HEy farmers. have you heard of the Oakland 72 plant limit changing?? I spoke with a local 215 lawyer on the phone last week and he said that was unconstitutional and the supreme court was going to rule against that limit..Hopefully it gets bumped up to 99..but the canopy size is the problem, we are only alowed 32 sq ft..thats ONE fn 4x8 tray!! but you could have up to 3 rec cards on one spot for a total of 3 patients per coop but then there is a FED law and the more serious problem of 5 year minimum imprisonment for anything OVER 99 plants REgardlessss...clones count too..anything with a stem and at least one leaf!! THAt spooked me..i serve patients via clubs and want to do babies on the side to pay the bills..but...now i threw away all the 2 gal buckets and got into 5 gals so that i can do lesssss way less than 99..there is nothing wrong with suppling or growing a healing herb and im glad to fight for our rights but i am def not willing to do TIME...thats too big a risk..any comments??? Peace!!!! :)

S

Slips

From what I understood about the ROT2010 is you can grow 25 sqf for personal including medical growers. If you want to grow more you have to pay for a permit and be authorized to be a producer. I can imagine fire inspectors code enforces and all that jazz ... You would also have to pay taxes. That's why the Oakland initiative seems profit motivated at the cost of mmj patients. Also only be allowed an ounce of herb for non patients almost guarantees that you would have to buy it, because if you grew a plant you could only keep a z and toss the rest f-that.

they say it wont affect mmj laws on the site but if you read the initiative you will see that the exemptions are purposely flawed.

"(ii) Cultivate, on private property by the owner, lawful occupant, or other lawful resident or guest of the private property owner or lawful occupant, cannabis plants for personal consumption only, in an area of not more than twenty-five square feet per private residence or, in the absence of any residence, the parcel. Cultivation on leased or rented property may be subject to approval from the owner of the property. Provided that, nothing in this section shall permit unlawful or unlicensed cultivation of cannabis on any public lands."

L

Lost

If I could I would take all the pro-taxers and impale them on sticks. . . They want to get it in the ass OBVIOUSLY or they wouldn't be begging for even deeper bitch-dom.

You think you can just sell out and everything will be cool? Cannabis is a free radical, an enigma, it cannot be pinned down and it is COMPLETELY at odds with the paradigm of total control.

Those of you who want to bring more taxes on us had better watch out if they succeed.

I realize you have a different point of view, but there is no need to be intolerant and insulting in your presentation of your view.

Many of us that want taxation might not subscribe to some cookie cutter view of how it would work. I don't want MMJ growers or even personal growers to pay taxes on it, but I sure as hell want RJ Renoylds (they make cigaretts if you did not know..) to pay taxes (extra) on it!

Seems you like the black market mystic of MJ too much to want to see it go mainstream. Your one of those people that have bitched about it not being legal for years and now you go rebel on that idea because it IS going mainstream.

I guess what im saying is your ideas on this subject are hinged on some ideas that are more about how the MJ culture is, rather than the benefit to the masses...

I personally would perfer the freedom to buy non MMJ as I do beer. I am also not so foolish as to dismiss social responsibility (taxes to pay for things like unemployment, schools, border patrol, military, do I need to go on about the things we expect the government to provide but us not pay for?), for the MJ mystic.

Im not saying tax MMJ. Im saying tax MJ like that carton of cigs, or bottle of Jack.

:smiley_joint::damnhippie:

monkeybone

monkeybone

Bonez
Supporter
Has anyone heard how Jack Herer was doing?

Our prayers and best wishes for him and his family.

THECALI.KID

THECALI.KID

In the second part of this series I will explain how the government is also conspiring to create a "Government Marijuana Dispensary" system
... Ok hold on :character0113: This is funny i have a few family members that owned co-ops and for years when the DEA would come in they would cut every thing down and leave the buckets and cubs behind and arrested ... Ok for the last 4 years now there was numerous rads where the DEA has been cough in photos came in and take the hole plant in tacked and they were not destroyed on spot and no arrested were made and no charges never filed. So now we all know where all the hard work from the medical cannabis community has gone right in the hands of the governments cannabis dispensary plan something they have preached is so dangerous and bad. what a joke this and sickening to us all make it 100 % legal with no strings attached we all need to plant some seeds and let the weed grow freely happy grow to u all on the far stay safe and legal

L

Lost

... Ok hold on :character0113: This is funny i have a few family members that owned co-ops and for years when the DEA would come in they would cut every thing down and leave the buckets and cubs behind and arrested ... Ok for the last 4 years now there was numerous rads where the DEA has been cough in photos came in and take the hole plant in tacked and they were not destroyed on spot and no arrested were made and no charges never filed. So now we all know where all the hard work from the medical cannabis community has gone right in the hands of the governments cannabis dispensary plan something they have preached is so dangerous and bad. what a joke this and sickening to us all make it 100 % legal with no strings attached we all need to plant some seeds and let the weed grow freely happy grow to u all on the far stay safe and legal

For MMJ I 100% Agree.

For general MJ legalization, i think it should be taxed. :mooning Hell, beer has tax monies that goto help the public, why not MJ especially if that carrot leads to legalization and the other route does not? Many people are ok with it, only if it gets taxed. So if it takes that concession to make it legal for everyone, fine.. At least for me..

Idealistically, yes, eff the taxation of it. Realisticlly, if you have to pay a 10% tax on a pack of dank smokes (yup the real deal medical is 500 an oz, debate all you like the market is the market in in cali the medical is 500 an oz for top shelf), who the eff cares. If your medical your not paying it anyway. If your home growing it your not paying it.. :smiley_joint::damnhippie:

Edit: 10% of the cost would be taxes as opposed to things like gas at over 50% of the cost is taxes. I put 1%, corrected error..

I think if it becomes legal, tax and all it will still be cheaper than smoking tobacco. Think about that for a moment.. hahahah, Millions of tobacco smokers migrate to pot because of cost... Saving hundreds of thousands of lives! (based on the shit tobacco companies put in modern cigs and that today that would NEVER fly if they legalized MJ) :icon_dizzy::icon_dizzy::scared0016:

S

Slips

He passed after giving a speech about his MJ proposal :(

Wow your ignorance on this subject amazes me ...

also that you would sell out mmj with rot2010 and sick people for legalization also scares me ... and considering I smoke over 4lbs a year I don't see 25 sqf cutting it.

I don't want to smoke anything that I don't grow or a personal friends has ....

Do you want shitty harmful herb out for the masses ?
Isn't it bad enough that half of the MMJ is not up to snuff?

It's a fact small producers and real co-ops produce more consistent better meds. These huge grows run by clubs just produce crap ... f oaksterdam university

You think it's going to be easy to get a permit .to grow commercially yea right ...

If ROT2010 passes I see prices going up and quality going down ... and a whole legal mess occurring. Support a different initiative if you support taxation.

Real news on jack
Saturday, October 03, 2009
Jack has been moved out of ICU
Hi. This is Jeannie Herer. I will try to keep everyone up-to-date on Jack's condition. I've been really busy with Jack and don't have my computer with me and haven't figured out how to update his website (www.jackherer.com) on the loaner computer yet.

Jack's awake and out of ICU. He's not talking yet or moving around much. He starts physical therapy on Monday.

I just want to thank everyone so much for all the prayers and good wishes. They really seem to be working. Progress will probably be slow so please keep it up.

People have been asking if there is a way to donate money to help Jack. An account has been set up at the U.S. Bank at:

Emanuel Hospital Office
220 N Stanton
Portland, OR 97227
(503) 275-7280

Just tell them you would like to donate to Jack Herer.

Thanks everybody.

Love,

Jeannie Herer

fractal

fractal

I am really very fired up about this issue, attn LOST u are correct. . . Very opinionated I am to the point of being obstinate but I am a firm believer in standing ground for what your beliefs are. One of my main gripes with this taxing pot idea is why the hell should it be us that bails out broke states? They went broke by not enforcing laws that they should have , by giving away tax money or doing whatever they did with it this is like a child asking for more allowance after they spend it all on medical care for non-citizens.

Seriously though commercial marijuana is not ever going to replace micro-batch. For example even now things are not like they were 2 years ago even for scoring clones. I have a very nice collection of original genetics including chemdog, og kush and the original ECSD clone that CANNOT BE OBTAINED by 99.9% of growers now and even fewer in the future. So if pot is legal and 500$ a pound, the rare things that can only be cultivated by artisans will still be 1000 or more. People still pay 500 dollars for a bottle of wine.

I guess I could sum up my beliefs about this by A) Pisses me off that legalizing mj is the last resort of a bunch of crooks and B) It's going to be a futile effort anyways. What if someone put some male plants near a field of commercial pot or threw a container of pollen into the intake fan of a commercial greenhouse? NO WAY to prevent something like that.

L

Lost

Wow your ignorance on this subject amazes me ...

Wow, so you insult me .. This is not a town hall meeting...

also that you would sell out mmj and sick people for legalization also scares me

Did you even bother to read what i posted? Do i need to highlight the parts where I told what my views are on MMJ? That they should be wholey unaffected? You owe me an appology for making such an accusation after I have so clearly laid out that no MMJ should be taxed or affected by this.

You want shitty harmful herb out for the masses ?
Isn't it bad enough that half of the MMJ is not up to snuff?

Now at this point im not going to call you a liar and say you are making stuff up but please point out where I said I wanted shitty herb for the masses. I was quoting 500 dollar an oz prices, thats shitty herb? I could go on here about how you are making assumptions about people even when you have not read what has been posted. Bliss in ignorance I suppose.

It's a fact small producers and real co-ops produce more consistent better meds. These huge grows run by clubs just produce crap ... f oaksterdam university

I totally agree. There s no way to keep big tobacco outta mj when it becomes legal, just stating a fact. I think MMJ should be produced by small home grown ops because the quality is better.
You think it's going to be easy to get a permit .to grow commercially yea right ...

Never said it would be.. Point?

If ROT2010 passes I see prices going up and quality going down ... and a whole legal mess occurring. Support a different initiative if you support taxation.

Oh, i'm sorry you didn't read my post so you don't understand that im not necessarily for that proposal. But I did outline how I thought it should be done. That required reading and brain function on your part im afraid..

Real news on jack
Saturday, October 03, 2009
Jack has been moved out of ICU
Hi. This is Jeannie Herer. I will try to keep everyone up-to-date on Jack's condition. I've been really busy with Jack and don't have my computer with me and haven't figured out how to update his website (www.jackherer.com) on the loaner computer yet.

Jack's awake and out of ICU. He's not talking yet or moving around much. He starts physical therapy on Monday.

I just want to thank everyone so much for all the prayers and good wishes. They really seem to be working. Progress will probably be slow so please keep it up.

People have been asking if there is a way to donate money to help Jack. An account has been set up at the U.S. Bank at:

Emanuel Hospital Office
220 N Stanton
Portland, OR 97227
(503) 275-7280

Just tell them you would like to donate to Jack Herer.

Thanks everybody.

Love,

Jeannie Herer

This is great news, I had heard on one of the forums that he had actually passed! My mistake :)

L

Lost

I am really very fired up about this issue, attn LOST u are correct. . . Very opinionated I am to the point of being obstinate but I am a firm believer in standing ground for what your beliefs are. One of my main gripes with this taxing pot idea is why the hell should it be us that bails out broke states? They went broke by not enforcing laws that they should have , by giving away tax money or doing whatever they did with it this is like a child asking for more allowance after they spend it all on medical care for non-citizens.

Oh, i agree but I also feel that our economy needs the income good economy or bad..
Seriously though commercial marijuana is not ever going to replace micro-batch. For example even now things are not like they were 2 years ago even for scoring clones. I have a very nice collection of original genetics including chemdog, og kush and the original ECSD clone that CANNOT BE OBTAINED by 99.9% of growers now and even fewer in the future. So if pot is legal and 500$ a pound, the rare things that can only be cultivated by artisans will still be 1000 or more. People still pay 500 dollars for a bottle of wine.

I almost totally agree with few exceptions..

I guess I could sum up my beliefs about this by A) Pisses me off that legalizing mj is the last resort of a bunch of crooks and B) It's going to be a futile effort anyways. What if someone put some male plants near a field of commercial pot or threw a container of pollen into the intake fan of a commercial greenhouse? NO WAY to prevent something like that.

Again almost totally agree BUT, look at MMJ today. For every 10 small op growers, there is a club buying blackmarket out of country stuff. I saw brick at a club earlier this year! WTF, mexi brick>? Really?..... REALLY?

Top Bottom