War breaks out within the marijuana legalization movement (part 1)

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Slips

Lost
I read what you said very closely,
"Wow your ignorance on this subject amazes me ... "
I was referring to Jack for people to keep insinuating he is dead or purposely spreading misinformation angers me and I apologize ...

"Oh, i'm sorry you didn't read my post so you don't understand that im not necessarily for that proposal. But I did outline how I thought it should be done. That required reading and brain function on your part im afraid.."
No where before this did you state what proposals you are for and what ones you are against ...

I saw that you didn't want mmj to be taxed but I still got from what you wrote and argued for that you would vote YES for one of current Tax and regulate propositions, If that is not the case you should have made that very very very clear in your posts, ... and then I would apologize. I'm not 100% against taxing non mmj but I feel that more regulation is not the answer and I don't support the rot2010 and still have my concerns about the rest.

L

Lost

I am for the legalization but rot 2010 scares me. The other plan makes more sence but my plan is best, lol.

D

dagreenboy

I think the majority of Americans don't even realize they don't have any rights left. Is it really the burden of mary jane users to PULL us out of this recession, by getting taxed once again? Ludicrous!! Wake up people!! By allowing this to happen, you are only putting off the inevitable. Meanwhile, the crook politicians and beauracratic machine can become ever more powerful. Wake up! Jack Herrer said it right, "They don't deserve one f*ing dollar!" Think about it!

THECALI.KID

THECALI.KID

ALL i can say is (NO) on ROT2010 if this passes it will be a mess for the med community all ROT2010 is is a monopolization of the cannabis greed y cant i grow my one if i want to and its legal. I grow my own tomatoes from seeds every year and i don't pay taxes on them y should i have to on cannabis whats the difference i plan on having shirts made that say NO on ROT2010 NO on monopolizing the cannabis market i plan on going to the BAY to all clubs/co-ops and pass them around and oaksterdam university who are trying to monopolize the market.... MY point of view is if u want to tax it fine buy put it in the same category as fruit and veg.i pay tax when i buy it and that's it and if i want to grow my one i can just like fruit/veg. i buy seeds plant them and use them when done..... So whats every one think of that idea NO NO NO NO HELL NO ON ROT2010

THECALI.KID

THECALI.KID

jack herer

ok i have read on post here jack has passed and then i read this
Thank you Slips for the information on Jack Herer. I am glad to hear he is stable. People,.. he and his family can really use our help right now, if you can spare anything, please help if you can.
here is the other one i read on here
Jack Herer dead :(
Just heard it myself.....more to folllow..

FF

Breaking: Jack Herer, Emperor of Hemp, marijuana hero, dead

According to a source close to the family, Jack Herer, much beloved Emperor of Hemp, is dead. The marijuana hero collapsed backstage on Saturday, September 15, at "Hempstalk 2009" in Portland, Oregon. Herer had just given a fiery speech to the crowd on the future of hemp when he suffered a heart attack and a significant loss of oxygen. Herer died today, September 18, at Legacy Emanuel Hospital in Portland.
Jack Herer was born June 18, 1939. A former Goldwater Republican, Herer became a political activist and the author of The Emperor Wears No Clothes, a book which is now a classic polemic in the effort to decriminalize marijuana. Herer was perhaps the world's most famous activist for the decriminalization of marijuana and the utilization of hemp.
Herer argued for the decriminalization and utilization of marijuana because it has been shown to be a renewable source of fuel, food, and medicine, and can be grown in virtually any part of the world. Herer was one of the first to show that the U.S. government deliberately hides the proof of marijuana's efficacy and utility. Herer devoted his life in support of cannabis, hemp and marijuana.
Herer suffered a stroke and heart attack in 2000 at another Oregon event. Although he had since recovered, the 70-year-old activist spoke with a stutter and walked with a limp. Just minutes before his speech, Herer looked fit and said, "I'm getting better and better and better. I'm healthier than I've been..."
Herer was a true American hero who spoke truth to power. He stood up for freedom while many others failed to do so. He will be missed.
We love you Jack.
Free the weed!

THECALI.KID

THECALI.KID

ok someone that knows 100% for sure whats going on with him needs to make a new thread ( jack is ok and doing good and has not past on ) i would but i don't know with all the mixed confusion on this site and don't know him personally would love to meat him though well happy grow to all farmers on the farm( plant a seed ,grow some weed ,and smoke that tree, spread it around the world to see )

THECALI.KID

THECALI.KID

im happy to here he is not dead i was so upset he is a real important person to the marijuana community (stay strong jack keep fighting we need u around to make things right )

L

LikesEmBig

who's who?

:anim_52::anim_52:Yeah, we need legalization, but after coming this far, legalization comes with the stench of ROT2010. F that. no problem. a better prop could be written. It seems a confusing time for politics, lots of convoluted shit going on. To begin with the greater cannabis community is absolutely not, like i used to think when i was about ten, a homogenous group of folk. In fact, as i learned when i was about eleven, a good number of my cannabis community brothers and sisters and i really don't have a lot in common other than herb. That's great, in fact, it's all warm and fuzzy. Until...we start deciding who's going to be hefe, or who's going to make the most $...next thing we know, we're back to the same fuckin place we started from..the same old shit, the same old Roman model...yeah, you know rich and poor ad infinitum.

I met a contractor who became a building partner to clubs. Long story he told me "I feel great, this year I'm going to clear a mil, and I don't even smoke. You know, I'm sober."
"What?" I thought. I guess now I know.

And there's another thing about the money grab. It has lessened the value of good, medicinal marijuana. Watered down versions of whatnot and buds that turn into dust because they're not cured, etc. Clubs selling names, not even distinguishing phenotypes of a strain, etc...all of it smells of sham. And as usual sham gets away with something before it's stopped or boycotted.

F

freedomfryz

In California anyway does it really matter if you are growing a few plants and keep it to yourself? There simply is no governmental intestinal fortitude to take on such a small fry and hard to believe that such a case would not be laughed out of court.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter

That is a great video.Well the message was. I don't think that the Oaksterdam king will win this. I hope not! All I wish I could do at this point is grow the number of plants that I see responsible and fit to my medical needs. I don't need a metric ton of bud to be happy or a corn field size garden. I just want to be able to breed a strain that is perfect for my needs, but I have no "Good" chance when I can't have more then 6 plants flowering at one time. How can I have 12 "immature plants", then poof I have to choose 6 of my healthy females to kill? Why? Anyway yeah lets let patients grow their own! You non med patients I respect you guys too. I understand that you don't have a reason why you like it so much you just do. We all love the plant and know that it should be legal. If it does become legal just be responsible for at least a decade lol. Just don't Fu@K it up for the rest of us:sad0104: :mad0233:

Delta-9 Labs

Delta-9 Labs

Breeder
Supporter
Greetings All, From what I have seen in my eyes wide open from my Amsterdam post on this global movement, especially in California.....Jack Herer is as straight up as they get! If everyone follows his initiative and stays close by his side, we will all win with having cannabis re-legalized once and for all. We can all grow our own top quality cannabis and for those who cannot a sanctioned caregiver is indeed necessary who is entitled to an income. This income can be taxed perhaps. Not everyone will want to grow, and those who choose not to can go to a regulated outlet to buy it and be taxed. Same like alcohol and tobacco for adults of 21 years. Most people who enjoy alcohol and tobacco can make their own, but they don't and rather be taxed, so the same situation will follow suit with cannabis. There will be plenty of tax revenue to come in, so keeping the greedy cannaprofiteers away is best.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

My business partners and I have decided that our dispensary will not only provide for the medical needs of our patients; we will also be providing horticulture classes along with seeds and clones. IT IS ABSURD that this LIFE-GIVING PLANT has been demonized and that so many people have been persecuted and prosecuted for it!!!!!!!!!! COME ON EVOLVE ALREADY AMERICA!

L

Liberty_Seed

If I could I would take all the pro-taxers and impale them on sticks. . . They want to get it in the ass OBVIOUSLY or they wouldn't be begging for even deeper bitch-dom.

You think you can just sell out and everything will be cool? Cannabis is a free radical, an enigma, it cannot be pinned down and it is COMPLETELY at odds with the paradigm of total control.

Those of you who want to bring more taxes on us had better watch out if they succeed.

impale them! best post at the farm

B

Bill Bloome

How about a 100 dollar license issued to adults allowing them to grow their own without interference payable to the state,eliminating Federal involvement?I would rather have my state profit from my ability to provide my own medicine than either the Feds or the so-called dispensaries!

S

Smokin

Solid logic and individuals/community/states most beneficial format. But, you want to guess what the odds are on Feds allowing any tax menu that does not guarantee Feds first serving and biggest bite..? Federal involvement seems to be "current administration specific" and subject to change in the time it takes to send a memo... any permanently beneficial forms of legalization WILL come with a price/tax attached.

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

I'm in the ANTI-TAX group. Should we send our tax dollars in so we can grow corn ? Tomatos ? Carrots ? A plant is a plant . Use your head, the power to tax IS the power to destroy. People so eager to be taxed are samefull examples of our lousy educational system. Keep it simple, L E T - U S - G R O W !

fractal

fractal

So now that the feds have called "hands off" what will the next twist in the tale be?

With risk going down, so does the premium commanded for risking a grow.

Still, producing the best cannabis is a feat! Even outdoors. Your average person who wants to smoke some will not be able to get the best genetics and grow them to perfection. The commercial farms would not be able to keep headies quality coming from multi acre fields.

L

Lost

I'm in the ANTI-TAX group. Should we send our tax dollars in so we can grow corn ? Tomatos ? Carrots ?

Umm.. I hate to tell you but... We do pay taxes that pay for farmers to grow corn and other stuff. Ever hear of crop subsidies?

Lets be realistic. If its available for non medical consumers legally, why the hell would you not tax big tobbaco/cannabis? Your going to let these cock suckers profit from this and not give anything back to programs to help people?

I dunno the more I think about it the more I think that its only going to be legal if there is at least a commercial tax on it. Its not all or nothing. We can come up with a draft that makes corporations, that are going to be the biggest profiteers from this, invest back into the public while leaving the little guy to his own devices.

I guess there will always be rigid points of view on something like this..

Top Bottom