Warning!! All growers!! Beware!! And vigilant!!!

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Recent testing has shown that almost all sites tested for plant pathogens have come back positive for Hop Latent Viroid at an infection rate of 25-30%. Hop Latent Viroid (HpLVd) was first identified in hops, which is part of the Cannabaceae family. In cannabis plants, this disease is commonly known as dudding. It can cause stunted growth, and effect flower and trichome development. Leading to lower yields with less potency. HpLVd can be passed from plant to plant via mechanical transmission (like dirty shears.) Once a plant is infected it can pass on the viroid through cuttings and seeds. The best way to manage HpLVd is prevention. Sanitize any tools you use, before using them on different plants, to prevent transmission. Make sure you get cuttings and seeds tested before you introduce them into your grow.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Dammit. I read a headline about this somewhere recently, wasn't sure how prevalent it was. Those are pretty significant numbers for infection rates, and the shit doesn't go away and there's no cure. I wonder if that's what happened with one of my hop bines this year. It just wasn't cutting it, terribly unhappy all summer while the other flourished.

Good lookin out raising awareness on this. We all have to stay vigilant or it'll become far more pervasive.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Only a lab can test.
I no 2 local farmers that have gotten this.
Just make sure you clean your utensils every time you move to a different plant.
I posted here today pics of plants I'm having issues with and hypochondriac or not I think I've got that bug in 3 of my plants getting pulled tomorrow........ brittle small, narrowing leaves at 8 weeks looking like 4 a few undeveloped seeds on bottom larf It started showing itself in the first 2 weeks of flower. No other plants are showing these problems. I guess I have to sterilize everything...
https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/f...problem-child-here.132999/page-5#post-2715009

100 6175
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
You said "sites tested"...can you clarify? Does this mean seed banks? Dispensary sold shit? What exactly does this mean?
That means sites where cannabis was growing that had testing,
Yes dispensery sold grows and the like.
My buddy’s are “personal growers” and have acquired it in there grows.
Beware and cautious with your garden.
I have had one plant with this disease.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I'm pretty sure this only applies to outdoor grows, unless you bring your tools inside.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I am sloppy, and run multiple strains. I'm wondering if there's a bacteria that likes to munch on it. Is it like a root issue? I've always hated the word sterile. I always conflate it with the medical industry. Do you think live systems would be less likely that sterile. I dunno if there is such thing as a sterile soil grow? I'm just speaking in regards to hydro systems I guess. Regardless it just seems I am asking for issues later on by going sterile.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Recent testing has shown that almost all sites tested for plant pathogens have come back positive for Hop Latent Viroid at an infection rate of 25-30%. Hop Latent Viroid (HpLVd) was first identified in hops, which is part of the Cannabaceae family. In cannabis plants, this disease is commonly known as dudding. It can cause stunted growth, and effect flower and trichome development. Leading to lower yields with less potency. HpLVd can be passed from plant to plant via mechanical transmission (like dirty shears.) Once a plant is infected it can pass on the viroid through cuttings and seeds. The best way to manage HpLVd is prevention. Sanitize any tools you use, before using them on different plants, to prevent transmission. Make sure you get cuttings and seeds tested before you introduce them into your grow
This sounds like a dark heart nursery article and they also claim to be the only one who knows how to cure it.🙂 💸💰🤑
Did you take it with a grain of salt mr. diesel?
The pic you showed is a dud and I’ve had them many many times. I’ll call bullshit right now on the scissors being the culprit. I was so anal about sterilizing between strains and it didn’t stop the spread one bit.
If you have gnats they will spread it to ever single plant in your garden. Get rid of the gnats and or thrips, kill the plants that are dudded and carry on. They are very easy to spot.
move never returned a fully dudded plant to health. Went through three or four generations of clones and it didn’t work.
If only certain branches are dudded I’ve cured those back to full health with phyton27 and 35.
Spray the DE on top of your pots 1 lb per gallon gnats will die.

Top Bottom