Warning!! All growers!! Beware!! And vigilant!!!

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MedicalHydroponics

MedicalHydroponics

If you grow from seeds, can you soak seeds in a bleach solution of say 5-10% for 4 hours, then put in media of choice.
Just like using 3% H2O2, but substituted for bleach because that’s tested to work?

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

An airstone, a bucket and about a handful of ingredients then 48hrs later you got a tea with good guys in there. Also LAB is easy to make, rice water added to milk and 7 days later you have the police of the microbial world.
Good way to make healthy plants, but it doesn’t cure hops Latent viroid

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

This shit drives me absolutely insane. The end game, being sterilize everything, use only specific breeders or cuts, is setting the stage for superviruses. Wait until they pump this shit up and spread it to other people. Since when in history have these plants lived in sterile environments? Does this virus mutate and adapt like others? So what exactly does this pcr test tell us, that we have the virus in parts, but why not the other areas? Why not be specific about virus's concentration in the meristems and why you can clone off one part and not another. The PCR test depending on cycles ran, is still just a best guess sequence game. Its not like its a clear picture through an electron microscope. They are basing the sequences off of what data we have available, and not all the data there is. Its like shooting plasma into a cell and reading whats left over. Sure you know what it consumed, but when you guess the order in the strand, you cannot compute for mutations, if that were the case, we would have cures and not mutations.

Id say perhaps there is a curve, perhaps were pushing the plants to hard. Perhaps viruses lay dormant in bacterial hosts everywhere. Perhaps this era of Biotech boom we are in is doing more harm than good. Id like to say I dont think we are creating these issues, but looking at our cures for these issues, it seems more likely we had to have caused them.

Just another reason why I like live environments where we control the microbes vs sterile environments where we destroy them, just like us, they too can fight and adapt.

Last edited:
Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

This shit drives me absolutely insane. The end game, being sterilize everything, use only specific breeders or cuts, is setting the stage for superviruses. Wait until they pump this shit up and spread it to other people. Since when in history have these plants lived in sterile environments? Does this virus mutate and adapt like others? So what exactly does this pcr test tell us, that we have the virus in parts, but why not the other areas? Why not be specific about virus's concentration in the meristems and why you can clone off one part and not another. The PCR test depending on cycles ran, is still just a best guess sequence game. Its not like its a clear picture through an electron microscope. They are basing the sequences off of what data we have available, and not all the data there is. Its like shooting plasma into a cell and reading whats left over. Sure you know what it consumed, but when you guess the order in the strand, you cannot compute for mutations, if that were the case, we would have cures and not mutations.

Id say perhaps there is a curve, perhaps were pushing the plants to hard. Perhaps viruses lay dormant in bacterial hosts everywhere. Perhaps this era of Biotech boom we are in is doing more harm than good. Id like to say I dont think we are creating these issues, but looking at our cures for these issues, it seems more likely we had to have caused them.

Just another reason why I like live environments where we control the microbes vs sterile environments where we destroy them, just like us, they too can fight and adapt.
Yeah pretty much. This is a new viroid first detected in 1988 in hops. The difference between a viroid and a virus is that a virus has a capsin that surrounds the rna. The approach to killing viruses has always been aimed at the capsin but with a viroid that isnt there so its left to breaking very tough molecular chains. It was first detected in cannabis in 2018. So basically it’s a novel viroid in canna. No one really knows where it came from prior to 1988, maybe it was something else and mutated who knows. All I know is that it cost me over 100 K in lost time and I had to throw away a couple of my own that I’ve had for over 15 years. I could’ve done the meristem cell culture, but at the time I was so depressed I said fuck it and tossed everything. It did change my whole game though. I get my mothers tested every eight weeks, I have scissors specifically for each mother that is tied around the trunk for taking cuts. I have bleach solution foot baths at the entryway to every room etc. there are a few companies working on some different treatments that I’ve talked to, but they’re very close lipped around it until they get their shit together

jamk911

jamk911

Got worried i might have it but ty diesel w pics.. uk how us growers get.. a leaf falls and we assume death lol.. imagine i just toxified a plant and stunted it a little.

20220126 101821
MedicalHydroponics

MedicalHydroponics

No, that would just kill it. Plants and seeds are very sensitive to bleach

Oxygen Bleach is another option should be safer than bleach. H2O2 should do the same as bleach?, but is safe for seeds and plants at 3% rate. I got water filtration and UV sanitation adding H2O2 for seed germination. That better keep the plants healthy!!!​

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
No, that would just kill it. Plants and seeds are very sensitive to bleach
Not at appropriate levels. Physan20 at 1 ml per gallon is great for established plants if they are suffering. Little less on seedlings. That’s what I used to cure partial duds.

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

Not at appropriate levels. Physan20 at 1 ml per gallon is great for established plants if they are suffering. Little less on seedlings. That’s what I used to cure partial duds.
It’s not a surface pathogen, it’s intracellular. I spent the last six months dealing with hops latent and if bleach was a curative, everyone in California would be using it. The only cure for Hops Latent viroid at this point in time is meristem cell culture

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

It’s not a surface pathogen, it’s intracellular. I spent the last six months dealing with hops latent and if bleach was a curative, everyone in California would be using it. The only cure for Hops Latent viroid at this point in time is meristem cell culture
I guess I don't comprehend it very well. So the only thing I read the virus does is stunt growth either during veg or flower. So does all the plant have stunted buds, are all meristems the same lol.

So if a plants infected, they test the budsite on multiple parts, if it's not infected they can clone that budsite basically.. What I dont understand is how can it not effect all budsites, or does it not effect the meristems lol.. I'm confused.. Ill do some studying I guess and get back to ya.. I think I'll need more than the 5 min I spent the other day lol..

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

I guess I don't comprehend it very well. So the only thing I read the virus does is stunt growth either during veg or flower. So does all the plant have stunted buds, are all meristems the same lol.

So if a plants infected, they test the budsite on multiple parts, if it's not infected they can clone that budsite basically.. What I dont understand is how can it not effect all budsites, or does it not effect the meristems lol.. I'm confused.. Ill do some studying I guess and get back to ya.. I think I'll need more than the 5 min I spent the other day lol..
It passes from cell to cell and infects over time. When it’s in veg it’s impossible to tell if it’s all infected or if just one branch is infected. You can’t really tell how bad it is until it’s in the third week of flower. That shit cost me over 100 K and I need to spend 600 bucks every eight weeks just for testing the mother block. It’s a little different than a virus in the fact that it doesn’t have a capsin but it infects the same way, it embeds a cell and changes the RNA of the cell, just like a virus. It’s epidemic out here in California, I don’t know a single business thats in my area That hasn’t dealt with it or are dealing with it

MedicalHydroponics

MedicalHydroponics

This video came out today, been doing some research from when this thread was posted. 10% bleach solution for tools and gloves “mechanical “ only works for that day 24hr period. 20% bleach solution good for 2 days. After that you need a fresh batch of 10-20% bleach. Tool dip I was reading was for 10min at a time. The video says less time works. Enzymes from dry milk seem to be very effective. Preventative sanitation and isolation is what’s recommended.

No cure really unless you do Meristem tissue culture like what was already stated.

Top Bottom