Was He Justified???

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Was this man justified in shooting these kids???

• yes

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • no

Votes: 16 84.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My point is that even if I had had a gun, I would be exceedingly reluctant to use it. Of course that's just me. The fellow who attacked me didn't need to break the door down, I thought he was with the tree trimmers and I might be getting a free load of wood chips, so when he knocked I opened the door. Because free wood chips!

THAT was my focus that morning.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Few years back we caught kids in GH..Red handed...
We knew who they were and handled it with involvement with a friend who is a hip minister.
If their parents found out they would be in deep shit.
So my friend the hip minster sat them down and made a deal..
stay out of trouble and we will not tell parents.
The older brother was caught with weed and parents came down hard...Military school
Later on my firewood guy, one of the kids grandpa thanked me for not harming or calling cops or parents...
Small town everybody finds out what up.
Worked out just fine for all no trouble since, thanks to alarm systems in place.
I can be out in a few seconds and it's usually a cat on hunt sets of alarm...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Fuck, military school? They were probably having some real problems with him, as in that was not an isolated incident.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Like I have said before......'
we do not even have keys to the doors.
I can go to store leave keys and valuables in car unlocked no worries...
We never leave farm unattended and if someone wants in locks will only keep honest people honest...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Fuck, military school? They were probably having some real problems with him, as in that was not an isolated incident.
Some of the problems may not have been handled correctly..
Devout Christians...
Weed is evil...
Good thing my minster friend who I consider to be one of the few real Christ like folks I know stepped in with his wisdom on how to handle this situation.....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
My point is that even if I had had a gun, I would be exceedingly reluctant to use it. Of course that's just me. The fellow who attacked me didn't need to break the door down, I thought he was with the tree trimmers and I might be getting a free load of wood chips, so when he knocked I opened the door. Because free wood chips!

THAT was my focus that morning.

Still tho would have been nice to shoot them in the balls..
Am all for defending with such force under circumstances like you experienced..
Hope the cops are on it still...
Only cowards would do what happened to you and good thing Dave was not there to get his hands on them...
OH OH OH..
Craving Thai....Sure was fun meeting you and feasting with ED long time friend...45 years..We used to tell him
You are not ED WE are ED so go buy us more beer!!!!
Worked most times...

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I'm not gonna get into the whole 2nd amendment and how some define it beyond saying that I don't own a gun....for better or worse.

I do have "other" means of protection I won't define here. However, the bottom line for me is that nothing I own is worth dying for or killing another person over.

"God's will" only comes into play if you believe in God. I guess that'd be a topic for another thread though...huh?

Needless to say....I see it differently than most people and I live differently than most people. (no guns or Gods)

be safe out there, folks.....
This should be a t shirt.

Am I still compliant if I say 'oh god' when I blow my load, or who should I be speaking to in this situation? Well, maybe speaking isn't quite the right word for this example. I'll let myself out.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

hopefully that kid had a brain.
and a good chance you scared scared him straight?
Or you found a good burial spot kids go missing all the time,
Some of these answers are just plain stupid
Sad truth is kids these days get away with murder. and parents should be liable for any damages your kids done
People are murdered daily for being in a wrong place at the wrong time

Enough of the excuses well he was a kid how would he know any better ??
answer sure we all did some crazy things but most of us were brought up right with respect of other peoples property unlike today
where kids are pushed to be cool ETC throw that rock on that car driving under the bridge etc
In some countries today your hand is cut off for getting caught stealing .
in our western society we almost allow it to happen He was just a kid  right

When you think about kids of today are more stupid then the past..
Just think 11 monarchs were crowned when they were literally in diapers

So was it a bit harsh maybe pending on the severity i mean think about it someone is growing in greenhouses expected returns are 100,000 dollars a thief is caught in this case couple kids ??? fine 10,000 dollars per kid parents forced to pay fine
Kid is under age there fore the stupid law comes into effect he was just a kid didnt know what he was doing
parents serve second degree felony charges 2 - 20 years behind bars why not
That would be a great law maybe change some parents views on spending time with there kids rather then let them run around causing trouble

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Or you found a good burial spot kids go missing all the time,
Some of these answers are just plain stupid
Sad truth is kids these days get away with murder. and parents should be liable for any damages your kids done
People are murdered daily for being in a wrong place at the wrong time

Enough of the excuses well he was a kid how would he know any better ??
answer sure we all did some crazy things but most of us were brought up right with respect of other peoples property unlike today
where kids are pushed to be cool ETC throw that rock on that car driving under the bridge etc
In some countries today your hand is cut off for getting caught stealing .
in our western society we almost allow it to happen He was just a kid  right

When you think about kids of today are more stupid then the past..
Just think 11 monarchs were crowned when they were literally in diapers

So was it a bit harsh maybe pending on the severity i mean think about it someone is growing in greenhouses expected returns are 100,000 dollars a thief is caught in this case couple kids ??? fine 10,000 dollars per kid parents forced to pay fine
Kid is under age there fore the stupid law comes into effect he was just a kid didnt know what he was doing
parents serve second degree felony charges 2 - 20 years behind bars why not
That would be a great law maybe change some parents views on spending time with there kids rather then let them run around causing trouble
Stop throwing stones. You don't get to call others 'plain stupid' when your post reads like you are wasted out of your mind.

Parents are liable for their minor children's actions. I'm not even a parent and I know this. Why are you taking part in a discussion when you know not of what you speak? Here, I'll help. So will nolo.

'Junior and some of his high school pals broke into a neighbor’s garage and made off with some expensive tools. They got busted and now, on top of the headache of hiring a lawyer for junior, you find yourself charged with violating your parental duty to supervise your child. But you did not even learn of the theft until the cops showed up two days later. Can you be convicted? The answer is yes.'

'The U.S. Supreme Court has held that parents have a fundamental right to rear their children without undue interference by the government. (Pierce v. Society of Sisters, 268 U.S. 510 (1925.) But, in the same decision, the Court upheld the power of states to force parents to ensure that their children attend school. So, parenting is by no means an unfettered right and, as with many rights, it carries significant legal responsibilities.'

'Each state imposes legal responsibility on parents and legal guardians for the delinquent and criminal acts of minors in their charge. Parental responsibility statutes have been in effect in the U.S. for at least 100 years. Many arose out of or supplemented laws that prohibit contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Such laws rest on the assumption that minors commit crimes because their parents have failed to exercise proper control and oversight, and that the way to inspire parents to exert the necessary control is to punish them if they don’t.

Public demand for parental responsibility laws has fluctuated over time. The Columbine High School shootings and other similar incidents have inspired state and local lawmakers to enact parental responsibility laws. In the late 1980s, California and other states passed laws aimed at reducing what the states saw as an epidemic of gang-related crime by youths.'

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Either way you shake it the Make my day law gives him a right i just would of went out side and shot them on the spot that would be 100 percent legit and LEGAL his down fall is he shot them from a window..
and he was growing weed illegally
but even then with a good lawyer he will get it thrown out probably but charged with cultivation

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Either way you shake it the Make my day law gives him a right i just would of went out side and shot them on the spot that would be 100 percent legit and LEGAL his down fall is he shot them from a window..
but even then with a good lawyer he will get it thrown out probably but charged with cultivation
You do not know the law here in Colorado...
This is not a make my day situation...
He will pay big time...
They are going to fry this guy..

M

mendel

Few years back we caught kids in GH..Red handed...
We knew who they were and handled it with involvement with a friend who is a hip minister.
If their parents found out they would be in deep shit.
So my friend the hip minster sat them down and made a deal..
stay out of trouble and we will not tell parents.
The older brother was caught with weed and parents came down hard...Military school
Later on my firewood guy, one of the kids grandpa thanked me for not harming or calling cops or parents...
Small town everybody finds out what up.
Worked out just fine for all no trouble since, thanks to alarm systems in place.
I can be out in a few seconds and it's usually a cat on hunt sets of alarm...

This is how it is supposed to go, great story chickenman....great example of community policing.

There is a rougher crowd too, and they can be a handful.

Fwiw, I dont think the guy should of shot those kids, but when you live around lots of folk its good to be prepared for the assholes. I like .45 auto.

Theres lots more dodgy fucks around here, than there used to be.

Id hate to see any good folk get hurt.

Thats my .02.

Happy harvie all you guys!

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Interesting 
At first glance, Colorado's Make My Day law, first put into effect in 1985, is simply a common-sense version of the "castle doctrine" — the idea, deeply grounded in English common law, that your domicile is your castle and you have the right to defend it. The law allows anyone to use deadly force in his or her home when confronted with an uninvited intruder and a reasonable belief that said intruder "is committing or intends to commit a crime" against person or property.

Under such circumstances, the home defender is immune from criminal prosecution or civil liability.

I am not saying it was a wise choice in shooting some kids etc but whats the chances the make my day law will be used in his defense ????

With mj becoming more of a lucrative business and wealth it can be deemed of personal value
And at the end of the day they tried stealing someone else's property they were shot not on a street or back alley but on private property that they had no permission to be on

examples
But three years ago, Al Michaud, a Colorado Springs resident, managed to fire on and wound two out of three intruders who rushed into his apartment, seeking to rob him of his marijuana plants and cash. Michaud didn't face any charges for what was clearly a case of home defense.

Even less clear-cut cases can sometimes pass muster, too. Weld County prosecutors decided not to pursue a murky case against Karen Cordova in 2011, after she'd defended her medical marijuana grow operation from two would-be robbers — even though she apparently didn't call 911. One of the suspects staggered home with a stab wound; another was found a day later on the edge of Cordova's property, dead from a gunshot wound

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
\

So you would have gone down and shot them???..

Colorado § 18-1-704 "...any occupant of a dwelling is justified in using any degree of physical force, including deadly physical force, against another person when that other person has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, and when the occupant has a reasonable belief that such other person has committed a crime in the dwelling in addition to the uninvited entry, or is committing or intends to commit a crime against a person or property in addition to the uninvited entry, and when the occupant reasonably believes that such other person might use any physical force, no matter how slight, against any occupant." 18-1-704.5 Use of deadly physical force against an intruder.

You do not know the law..
Have to be in your dwelling...
Again he's fucked and so would you be...

xavier7995

xavier7995

Texas is a bit weird, if you are going to shoot someone that is definitely the place to do it.

I believe the "being a legitimate threat" aspect is the key here. Just being on your property isn't enough, otherwise we could shoot jehovah witnesses or other door knockers. Likewise, I think you would have an uphill legal battle if you shot someone stealing items out of your yard, shooting from inside or going out to confront them.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

His downfall is murder. Stop being a mouth breathing apologist. You are in over your head and you should quit while you are ahead. Obviously something your parents didn't teach you. When you are in a hole, stop fucking digging.

Just fucking stop. You can cut and paste all the shit you want, but you are incapable of having an adult conversation about it. Your statements are ignorant, although you aren't aware of it, everyone can see through your nonsense. Cite your sources and stop being so fucking lazy. Don't steal the words of others and pass them off as your own.

You have no life experience so you make ridiculous assumptions that fit your worldview. You have done nothing but repeat talking points, and your research consists of a google search until you find familiar words. Using capslock doesn't mean you are correct. Come on man, this is Posting On The Internet 101.

Can we please revisit post-birth abortions?

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Texas is a bit weird, if you are going to shoot someone that is definitely the place to do it.

I believe the "being a legitimate threat" aspect is the key here. Just being on your property isn't enough, otherwise we could shoot jehovah witnesses or other door knockers. Likewise, I think you would have an uphill legal battle if you shot someone stealing items out of your yard, shooting from inside or going out to confront them.
I chortled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom