Was This Wrong Thing To Cut Off?

• Thread starter LuccaDaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Hey guys, ok seed planted Feb 5th, sprouted completly 10th, and I topped it at the 5th or 6th node set and I cut all the little starting branches but not im having second thoughts and wondering if I should just pull it an start over. Feeling like I cut the wrong stuff off also, as you see one of the little *sugar leave sprout* areas has started to come back but itll prolly never become anything. If you need extra pics let me know this is GDP growing with FoxFarm hydro nutes in DWC 5gallon. I have kept the nutes basically at the seedling stage the whole time, havent gone into week 3 on nute schedule yet trying to increase veg to increase over all yeild

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
She's not even close to flowering (as evidenced by the directly opposed nodes). 5th-6th node for topping is a little early in my world, but if your goal is to mainline the plant (it's not even really sexed at this point, is it?) then you do want to start pretty early on it.

They're going to regrow those bitty leaves, they just do. Pinch 'em off. Plant appears to be growing well, so you haven't caused any harm.

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

She's not even close to flowering (as evidenced by the directly opposed nodes). 5th-6th node for topping is a little early in my world, but if your goal is to mainline the plant (it's not even really sexed at this point, is it?) then you do want to start pretty early on it.

They're going to regrow those bitty leaves, they just do. Pinch 'em off. Plant appears to be growing well, so you haven't caused any harm.
ummm well she came from a pack of feminized seeds.
if all this month and a week of growing an she turns out to be a male, im gonna be pissed lol

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

oh an also im gonna attempt to super crop. my goal is 6 ounces so I hope it works

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

I always top my clones at node 5 or 6. Excellent results for growth, at least on my plants. Then after they recover, about 2 weeks, or top the 2 tops again. My gorilla glues really respond to this.
So I shouldnt expect any tip growth for like 2 weeks due to recovery? I also just cut the bottom two leaves off since they were now covered by other leaves and thats where I need to stop for now correct?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Don't over think growing mj, it's super easy.......even everyone can do it. Minus a few idiots. Lol

Its all about patients. Once u do something, besides watering, normally takes a couple weeks to recover and start growing again. Just give it a bit more time. Also I rarely do any maintenence in flower. 1st week lollipopping lower 1/3rd of plant, then end of week 2 I do it one last time. Then nothing until harvest

Dunge

Dunge

If all meristematic tissue was removed, what happens?
Fans just get bigger?

LuccaDaddy

LuccaDaddy

Don't over think growing mj, it's super easy.......even everyone can do it. Minus a few idiots. Lol

Its all about patients. Once u do something, besides watering, normally takes a couple weeks to recover and start growing again. Just give it a bit more time. Also I rarely do any maintenence in flower. 1st week lollipopping lower 1/3rd of plant, then end of week 2 I do it one last time. Then nothing until harvest

right on man thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom