washington and colorado approve recreational use

• Thread starter kushtrees
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

That vid and the pictures hit hard for me personally. I just missed the draft for Nam...and lost a lot friends who were sent there. When it ended I never thought in my wildest dreams we'd go to war again. Now look at the mess.

putembk

putembk

That vid and the pictures hit hard for me personally. I just missed the draft for Nam...and lost a lot friends who were sent there. When it ended I never thought in my wildest dreams we'd go to war again. Now look at the mess.
Same here, was totally mesmerized. Thanks for the memories.

K

kolah

I never heard that JF tune before. I know most of his old stuff (CCR) but never heard that one.

sky high

sky high

Yo my friends. After reading Kolah's comments about the visuals the fogerty vid brought about...I stuck a video in the "what are you Listening to Now?" thread that I hope you'll check out/thought you might enjoy.... "Monochrome", by the Sundays....

now, back to our regularly scheduled recreational drug use....

s h

putembk

putembk

Yo my friends. After reading Kolah's comments about the visuals the fogerty vid brought about...I stuck a video in the "what are you Listening to Now?" thread that I hope you'll check out/thought you might enjoy.... "Monochrome", by the Sundays....

s h
speaking of John Fogerty, used to love CCR and for the longest time I thought they were a southern rock band but actually they are from Cali. Never saw them live though.

fractal

fractal

Nobody on craigslist selling buds in washington yet besides to medical patients with their cards. I wish washington's MMJ paperwork was as easy to forge as California's. Next city over from me is in washington and dudes are selling on craigslist for 60 a quarter, stuff looks decent.

putembk

putembk

Boulder County District Attorney is throwing out pending cases of marijuana possession due to amendment 64. He stated that there was no way to convict in a jury trial in Boulder County due to the tremendous support for the new law.

The decriminalization process is starting. We are getting more and more tolerant as the days go by. Like I have been saying, the will of the people will win over, just going to take some time and dedication. There is still no response from the feds, don't know if this is good or bad but can't imagine any big moves by them as there is pressure from the whole country to let is alone. Now Cali and the rest of you GET ER DONE.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

s h
Thanks for that Sky, I really enjoyed it, I bet a few tears swelled as well in a few eyes. Not mine though, I'm tough like that, thanks for the journey back for me as well....

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

...and so we've had a few days to digest the news of marijuana's imminent legalization, with strings attached.

The sky hasn't fallen, and neither has the price of pot.

The Feds haven't sent in the tanks, and little old ladies aren't storming the dispensaries- either to shut them down or clean them out!

So now what? All the grow shops I've visited recently look like they're doing the usual business, with the usual suspects...

If there is someone, ANYONE, in the whole damned state of Colorado who was waiting for legalization before touching lips to joint, please introduce me to this amazing creature- she must be riding a unicorn, too!

What's funny to me is that the boogeymen haven't gone away- the cops and the Feds have just been replaced by Big Pharma (ooohhh!!!) and Regulation (aaahhh!!!).

So... seriously. Now what? I'm not holding my breath for 'Bud Depot' to open up between the Liquor Depot and Home Depot, lol, and smoking clubs will be as private as they ever were- your house or mine?- so unless the Tooth Fairy is gonna start passin' out phatties, I'd say that passage of the amendment was more a reflection of reality on the ground than a huge step into unknown territory.

Everything changes. Nothing changed. Put one foot in front of the other. Keep walking. Find what you do best and get to doing it. Share it with those you love. These are the keys to happiness.
Well said, but don't take it to lightly either, what U guys did was to hit Goliath with a rock from a sling, you may not feel that but many of us outside looking in do. In my state many of us who fight feel like we are in a losing battle at times, now you gave us a second wind. Just look at the AZ section here, everyone is running scared, exactly what they wan't us to do, well most of us, I still press on. This is like a battle on a field, claim your victory, but the battle still rages and there are many more battles ahead, likely against big business.

Now the other side is running scared, but they will re-group, funny thing is they really don't have anything to fear with legalization, it's not like they are going to get their lives turned upside down and thrown into prison.

I'm hoping that businesses such as mine using your message will have an impact on our state, i'm going to threaten them with losing my (non MMJ) corporation to re location to Colorado or Washington. I can assure you that many such as myself are considering a move to provide jobs there. What is going to happen this summer it that the union will reward Colorado greatly and that will be the biggest message to all the other states. Envy will be the biggest weapon.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Well said, but don't take it to lightly either, what U guys did was to hit Goliath with a rock from a sling, you may not feel that but many of us outside looking in do. In my state many of us who fight feel like we are in a losing battle at times, now you gave us a second wind. Just look at the AZ section here, everyone is running scared, exactly where they wan't us. Now the other side is running scared, funny thing is they really don't have anything to fear, it's not like they are going to get their lives turned upside down and thrown into prison.

Don't worry, I every day I walk with a bigger spring in my step because of the burden lifted, and the fresh breath of freedom in my lungs! Truly, although I am not religious, I feel like the mountain has come to me in some ways; I got a felony conviction in 1992 for the horrible crime of growing edible plants in my basement, so I feel like I've put in my time in this fight. Vindication has a sweet taste, and it's been a long time coming...

Get out in the streets and organize; tell everyone who stops near you long enough for oyu to tell them that legalization is the only rational/logical/ even- dare I say it- 'convservative' thing to do! How is denying people freedom american?

Let's turn this momentous occasion- the dam bursting in Colorado and Washington- to build a wave that will roll all across our country, and reverberate all the way inside those famously tone-deaf halls of Congress!

nope notme

nope notme

I'm here because it feels like things are continueng to progress. All of us just starting to join in the fight, come out and speak up, we do it because you guys have paved the way, now it's all over the news constantly. Something has to give.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

Welcome aboard. I've known judges, attorneys, physicians, every walk of life and intellect who has hid their voice out of fear. I don't look down on them because they have waited to join the fight. Now they, such as yourself, are able to speak without fear of reticule, read the Hans christian Anderson story of the emperor wears no clothes. We all now see the emperor has no clothes, the countries eyes are opening to see the truth and when that happens there is no going back, reality is setting in. I cant wait for the day when the other side says "it's all been just a big mistake" Lol of course then the bastards will jump ship and try to take it over lol.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm here because it feels like things are continueng to progress. All of us just starting to join in the fight, come out and speak up, we do it because you guys have paved the way, now it's all over the news constantly. Something has to give.

..and as usual, the fuckin' blews loves to slant this as negatively as possible; just tonight they have some blowhards from the local chamber of commerce whining about how the negative stigma will impact the local economy. Of course they cited no evidence whatsoever...

Plenty of idiots in the local opinion pages too; how the moral fiber of our community is threatened (how? that was never addressed), how the 'small' impact of pot-tourism won't make up for the shortfall from other- curiously undefined- economic impacts, blah, blah, blah.

My favorite is the one about how this has increased access to pot for our kids- as if any 7th grader with the brains to tie his own shoes can't get his hands on some between morning classes and his lunch break right?! I don't know what planet they inhabit, but whatever THEY'RE smoking has to be pretty good!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Welcome aboard. I've known judges, attorneys, physicians, every walk of life and intellect who has hid their voice out of fear. I don't look down on them because they have waited to join the fight. Now they, such as yourself, are able to speak without fear of reticule, read the hans christian Anderson story of the emperor wears no clothes. We all now see the emperor has no clothses, the countries eyes are opening to see the truth and when that happens there is no going back, reality is setting in. I cant wait for the day when the other side says "it's all been just a big mistake" Lol of course then the bastards will jump ship and try to take it over lol.

Why wait? A lot of these two faced bastards love to shit-talk pot all day long- and then invest in it when nobody's looking! Specific example? How about a prominent Wyoming state legislator, who invested millions in a giant MMC just outside of Boulder, this like 3 years ago already?

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

..and as usual, the fuckin' blews loves to slant this as negatively as possible; just tonight they have some blowhards from the local chamber of commerce whining about how the negative stigma will impact the local economy. Of course they cited no evidence whatsoever...

Plenty of idiots in the local opinion pages too; how the moral fiber of our community is threatened (how? that was never addressed), how the 'small' impact of pot-tourism won't make up for the shortfall from other- curiously undefined- economic impacts, blah, blah, blah.

My favorite is the one about how this has increased access to pot for our kids- as if any 7th grader with the brains to tie his own shoes can't get his hands on some between morning classes and his lunch break right?! I don't know what planet they inhabit, but whatever THEY'RE smoking has to be pretty good!
LOL well they aren't smoking pot, maby some crack with Marion Barry lol. Just wait until this summer, I wont likely be buying any smoke from a dispensary, however I will be staying in a hotel, seeing the sights, visiting Vail for sure and perhaps even shaking the hand of the Sheriff there just to let him know his comments welcomed me to his city. Those blowhards are literally fighting a losing battle, we should send them postcards with white flags on them asking for their surrender lol. Hey maby we should really do that

Top Bottom