Water Chiller Set-up w/multiple reservoirs

• Thread starter Giddeon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

billybadazz

muliple reservoirs chilled off of single chiller...

okay I ran into this problem and my buddy happens to be a genius HVAC guy for commercial systems ands we sat down and got baked and this is what we came up with. I want to add that I needed a bigger chiller and this would of worked even better but I have decided to go aother route due to legalities (plant numbers I want to be totally legal and i was running 120 plant aeroflo ) I was running 60 sites 4 weeks apart so it was an infinite cycle so you couldn't have the nutrients mixing cuz they were at different points in cycle (one would be 900 ppm other would be around 1300) so what we did was take an old drinking fountain from a school (that was the chiller) took about 30 ft of wirsbo plastic plumbing (stainless would be more efficient but i don't have it or a mandrel to bend it all) coiled it up and zip tied it so it was oblong and fit in the rez (made 2 of these 1 for each rez) installed the chiller under my house where temps are always 57F ambient plumbed it to a 1200 gph pump and to the chiiler in a closed loop system I later added a heat exchanger on the hot side before the chiller that helped another 3 degrees F I maintained 70F but with a 1/2 hp chillere it would of easily been at 65F with no stress on the chiller as the other had a hard time keeping it there. I did this project because I couldn't afford 2 separate chillers and got pretty much everything laying around in my buddies shop . I will try to finf the pics I have on some sd card and post them. I think you could prolly due this project for 5-600 kinda spendy but cheaper than 2 chillers or losing your crop. also the bigger the chiller the more rez' you can chill I was planning on doing 6 res on 1 1hp chiller (6x45 gallons =270 gallons to chill under 12 1000watt lights is a beast of a plumbing job to do) hope this helps PM me if you need to know some specifics

Top Bottom