Water Chilling Q & A

• Thread starter ttystikk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MendoAdome

MendoAdome

So if you have settled on a 1hp chiller why would you want to even attempt to make a manifold

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
Thanks. I was under impression that people were using coils in a big reservoir to cool room. I may need to rethink things, lol

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

There have been others, but I think it's time to build a new thread about water chilling as a viable, if not outright superior alternative to climate conditioning indoor gardening spaces to traditional AC approaches.

My own experience is this; basic AC only addresses temperature and does not regulate humidor well. While this is acceptable in an office environment, an indoor growing space is a completely different situation.

It is therefore my contention that about half of a typical indoor grow's cooling bill could be saved with the use of chilling. This savings can be increased with a heat pump, geothermal and certain other technologies beyond the scope of this thread.

I hope I didn't bore you, I'm trying to save you a fortune!
You still around @ttystikk ? I'm gonna plow thru this thread then I'm gonna ask you at least 3 dumb question and after that we should all be happy.

Just some fyi....
I'm running a water farm recirculating system in a 4x8 with 1 600hps and 1 1k hps. Both in bat wing open air hoods. FNB is my nutes. Both intake and exhaust fans 440 cfm.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

The creek is cold, but I have not measured it yet. I'm fairly certain it's 60 or below which would give the the 20 degree differential if running CO2 at 80 F. Don't know if that would get me condensation however.

So rh control with a chiller set up is done with condensation. Is it as simple as putting a drip tray under the radiator and letting what ever water condenses fall into the tray and drain away?
Radiator on chiller? I thought because of heat the chiller went outside tent. Sorry guys I'm gonna read the whole thread just asking questions along the way.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

You'll need to separate your water droplets from your outgoing air, but yes. It really IS that simple. If your cooling system water is 60f, your humidity at 80f air temp will be about 70%. Perfect. Colder water will reduce dewpoint, and therefore RH.

Yes, it really is that simple. Simple and EFFICIENT. How efficient? My 2 Ton chiller keeps up with 16kW of bloom lights, AND dehueys as per the example above, AND cools all my RDWC. I know a lot of hvac professionals- on this site- who will sell you four times that much capacity in AC for the same job- and it won't work as well.
You need to hook me up with some drawings our layouts for doing exactly what you say here. I'm in a 4x8 tent. Thanks @ttystikk

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Muffin fan on top blows down thru Icebox heat exchanger, air goes down the duct and releases water at the bottom. Air makes the u-turn, water can't. This is distilled water, just drain it right back into your hydro system!

Mods, please fix pics, they are upside down and will hinder understanding. Idk how to edit.
Ok... just a Lil confusing. Or you just shooting air from top down thru a fan and pipe to the bottom where the air rituals to the top but water droplets fall in bucket??? Do I got that right?

MendoAdome

MendoAdome

Coils are a breeding ground of bacteria it seems that it would be distilled water in fact it's not you need to uv treat condensed water before you put it in your system

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Is that thing with the two black tube a heat exchanger? I'm a Lil confused on the heat exchanger. Does it hook to the cooler? Does it come with a cooler or do you need to order it separately? Thanks again...

Downloadfile 23
MendoAdome

MendoAdome

There's lots of ac units that dehue just do yourself a favor and get a dedicated unit to save yourself a ok

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Coils are a breeding ground of bacteria it seems that it would be distilled water in fact it's not you need to uv treat condensed water before you put it in your system
I think you lost me slightly..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

There's lots of ac units that dehue just do yourself a favor and get a dedicated unit to save yourself a ok
But I need to cool my rdwc unit and just so this and figured I could accomplish both with this setup...

MendoAdome

MendoAdome

Being able to control water temps in Deepwater culture is very important I don't think you would want to use that feature and actually trying to control your room temperatures well

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Oh. I was under the impression it removed Rh from the room or kept it steady...

MendoAdome

MendoAdome

And there's not really any way to modulate or control the humidity levels you get stuck with it on or offyou could always just adjust the speed of the fan but the changes are going to be very little especially to 16 kW setup

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

And there's not really any way to modulate or control the humidity levels you get stuck with it on or offyou could always just adjust the speed of the fan but the changes are going to be very little especially to 16 kW setup
Ok....

Latest posts

Top Bottom