Water cooled grow room

• Thread starter Racker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Racker

Racker

My ballasts are remote, They are not (yet) fore sale in a full fixture. For me it's the best of both worlds.
The dimlux with controller allows auto dim and safety futures with a max boost of 690watt and the gavita is a great reflector.

The gavita without the wire is a 1K bulb. The 1K DE bulb is from philips. Great bulb and it is very efficient. A 1K bulb is not a smart move in a set-up like this. The sealing is to low and the bulb/plant distance comes in the danger zone. Air cooled reflectors could be an option but than i loose to much light, the glass plate blocks some light and the cool air cools down the arc-tube and that is a no no with double ended lights. (also a no no with any bulb) I believe i got the same lummen/par light with 690boost and open reflector than a 1K with air cooling but i also know you US guys are not gonna believe that. I skip that discussion :D:D and do things my way. :p (i visit you guys last summer, so i know)

The hot water line is easy to manage. In my set up i use a 16mm pe line that runs trough a barn>a loft>down trough a bedroom>into a basement and out trough a garden into a river. The river is 1/2mile away.

fractal

fractal

Awesome setup. Really enviable. I'm confused though. Where is the water? What is going on? Are there water pipes that absorb heat from the room and remove heat that way? Are they hidden under the foil lining of the room? I like how you are flooding the plants from below, using the room as a giant flood tray. Very efficient.

true grit

true grit

Can you get in there at all or is it like a set it and forget type til chop? Looking good, i really need to go watercooled in the future and end some of my headaches!

Racker

Racker

Nono, i can open the top and get in there (when not pre growing cutlings) :D

2012 10 14 131434
2012 10 14 131401

ttystikk

ttystikk

The more I see, the more I like- especially the cutting trays hanging out in the wram space near the air conditioner- very good use of space and conditions.

I just read your discussion about 600 vs. 1kW lighting and how you think the 1kW stuff is too strong. I plan to run a room with 4 of the 1kW Philips DE bulbs without sealed and vented hoods. The reflectors will be up pretty high for better light dispersion, and the cooling will be done by chilled water both in 8" Ice Boxes and a water cooled air handler. I believe this will rival or even better the efficiency of 600w lighting while maintaining a very high light intensity evenly spread across the room.

nuttso

nuttso

It dependson your space. If you have a large area I would go with 2x600 instead of 1000. But if you are limited than go with 1000. Definatly a 1000 will produce more bud in a small space than a 600. Gavita can go up to 1150.

Racker

Racker

When your pot is 1 foot, your plant 4feet, than you need 2feet space between your plants and a open reflector. With 1K you need more and i don't have that.

The room is not so high.

Yaacov

Yaacov

Racker the climate i agree upon , but what is the relevance of reducing EMI ? Opticlimate on a well , wow , does it get any better.

Yaacov

Yaacov

My God what the f . are you giving the plants anabolics or is it growth hormones.

Yaacov

Yaacov

What are the measurements and height of the room , and how many pots you got in there Racker

Are the pics from day 35 ?

Racker

Racker

EMI has little to do with plants growing (as far as i know) It has something to do with interfering with other electronic divices around the growroom. You don't want your neighbors tv to go wacko when your lights go on.

I feed them salt. No fancy nutrients...no boosters, no rootstuff and no nothing.

Dimensions are 12,6x12,6ft The room is 7,2ft high. There are between 90 and 100 pots/plants in there. Pic is arround day 40.

fractal

fractal

Do you need a high flow water source for the opticlimate to function, like a nearby stream or a well? Or will it function ideally from a household water tap? All of the cooling water drains to waste right? Could you direct it to a holding tank with a chiller and re-use the water continually? This unit seems awesome, I would love to get one when I start up my next grow.

Racker

Racker

Depends.

There are 2 water connections on the opticlimate
1) For tap water. You have pressure from the watersupplie. Cold water goes in and hot water comes out. Low water flow (household )
2)For a pump. You don't need much pressure but relative more flow. You can use a pump to circulate the water to an outside water/air heat exchanger or a swimming pool, a river, stream or whatever. High water water flow, not much energy needed to cool down the water.

Yaacov

Yaacov

Racker

I noticed a small filter , will that do to neutralize the odour , or are you running a semi closed system .

Racker

Racker

Filter is for odour. There is a fan outside but it's running very very slow. Your hamster can run inside the impeller for hours.......

Yaacov

Yaacov

Why would you take down the EC in week 7 , when you should increase it until week 9 . Unless you have evaporation problems , but by the looks of the pictures the girls are doin incredible .

Top Bottom