Weapon Of Mass Seduction

• Thread starter Egzoset
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Salutations Shaded_One,

Thanks, i just noticed the activity and actually got to wonder what it was all about. Seems reciprocal, somehow...

Well, it's about saying goodby to irritating coughs, rafale sneezing, itchy skin, etc. All nuisances which can ruin a "session", if not the day! Only intended for VaporGenie Classic pipe owners ready to DiY, waiting for Independant Duplication & Peer Review, by the way. Feel adventurous? ...

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

Yeah I kinda got the drift after sifting through all the diagrams etc :) cool stuff man it's always a joy seeing crafty people work on things hope to see you being more active around these parts and who knows maybe one day you'll be crafting me parts for my Sublimator haha

Egzoset

Egzoset

...hope to see you being more active around these parts and who knows maybe one day you'll be crafting me parts for my Sublimator

Post-vaporisation *Re-Heating* as in Enrico Bouchard's Sublimator was actually integrated into my LAVA concept, euh... Lets see... At least 4 years ago, euh... Wait, no. More like 6 actually, and the magic keyword i think used to be "Reversible": e.g. with reclaims and maintenance in mind. Flipping sides of a LAVACapsule working in unidirectional mode implied its aerial cannabic workload got immediately re-heated while it passed through my 2nd energized Hybrid Core, then behaving as a heated screen and hence a clean one. As a bonus such re-heating should be expected to cause the volatile droplets suspended in mid-air to heat-shrink further and consequently pass the lungs alveoli vs blood vessels barrier with more convenient ease... So, i was hoping someday the Sublimator might be adapted to become Bi-Energy, or 3 if one doesn't mind using his muscles... In any case these last 2 days were exceptional opportunities that may very well never return. There's plenty of challenge for lots of people anyway, just think recording inhalation sessions via optical probing of the cannabis output! No more steep learning curves, having even collective models to acquire operator skills fast and consequently be done with problematic coughs in record time, etc.

In any case repeat to your friends nothing from Egzoset (nor the guy behind...) was ever related to any mercantile activity, so me too i feel there won't be a fix for your Sublimator anytime soon. But who knows, in these matters no doubt you're gonna be the expert!

Egzoset

Egzoset

Well i've been lucky, as if the stars aligned...

This time there's yet another topic to present, because today i sort of feel some growing fear inspired by the powerful vertical drill. But lets 1st chain with a continuation of my previous illustrations:
Mid August update about Egzosets 2022 Full Metal LAVACapsule 640 x 690

That's about removing excess metal left between cuts, using 1 more hole-saw tool of ¾" (dia.), since it seems i failed to find overlapping units, and i wasn't done just yet:

You see, a « RECESSED » screw-base junction was in the plans, so it finally also required me to find a 15/16" hole-saw to enlarge the cavity so a Monobloc will eventually fit it (shown in reverse, up-side-down in center of image):
Egzosets Full Metal cust VG Top scenarios of August 22 460x380

My middle-right Monobloc is the "DeLuxe PinHole" configuration type while i thought the bottom-right older cut-through version would never prove actually useful. But thanks to such tight fitting maybe i can refurbish it and render that lazy solution at least viable if absolutely necessary. Always keeping backwards-compatible compatibility in mind... So here's the result:
Egzosets late August Cavity Crafting under Recessed Screw Base Annular Junction Disc 320x200

And, by the way, this was an opportunity for me to recycle a previously "rejected" piece (see right side). Now the recess cavity is quite ready to receive it's Screw-Base counterpart, with the Monobloc inserted inside once i've finished removing core material at a later time.

Meanwhile, i realized i wouldn't be using a plater vise for my drill press. Instead it seemed safer (and much more affordable...) just to build some custom-made support still intended to secure the rotation axis, which needs to be a top-priority in such involving craft. By chance the plater happens to be featured with a concealed recessed cavity defined by its 4 edges under it, so i was able to cut a piece of wood that fits tight in there, with 1 strong ¼" (dia.) screw in each corner to prevent horizontal (x, y) translations, as any movement could prove catastrophic...
Egzosets Full Metal Alu Cust VG Top       5 minutes to save 10  type of tool illustratio

Then one small problem remained considering the piece would be left to spin freely, although tighly restricted along the rotational axis:
Egzosets Full Metal Alu Cust VG Top       5 minutes to save 10  type of tool illustratio

Which is nothing a strip of electrical tape can't help to fix (...):

Special caution remains mandatory and now both hands can stay outside the danger zone, ready to switch power OFF...

Notice the round edges of that particular piece, my former "Reject" put to good use by experimenting this alternative scenario. Of course using only sand paper won't make it spherical without enormous efforts; it's demonstrated to some point that suggests a ball-shaped profile is attainable, just not for me today - but years ago it could have nonetheless!

Too bad the inventor and manufacturer actually holding the VaporGenie patent couldn't see development potential this far.

At only 22 mm high a VG Full-Metal "Top" will allow some significant shift of the pre-heating phase toward the radiative-mode vector of a flame, diminishing exposure to convective-mode « Inlet Water » and also butane-related "contaminants" in "Plan-B" mode, while "Plan-A" induction may penetrate the assembly far enough to succeed to inject IH energy as a dry-but-clean & "packetized" power substitute, paving the way to precision dosing and more.

Thanks for any sign of appreciation, please pass the word!

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

Last edited:
Egzoset

Egzoset

Update:

Its internal Monobloc cavity would look smoother if i hadn't cut my ¼" (dia.) "precision reference" (or "pilot") prematurely, next time i get a chance i must remember to preserve that most precious pilot until the very last step!

Yet, this gave me some numbers to plug in, for example:
Egzosets 3rd gen Full Metal Top for VG Pipes 2022 Sep 1 410x420

That's raw numbers before i've removed additional material, yet a genuine wood Sphere weights about ~140 g, or a trade-off nearly one 3rd in exchange for a whole new range of experiences as "burst" mode, not to mention accessing the enhanced purity of clean-burning butane using the blue flame of a torch, perfectly suited for this Full-Metal alternative. Actually i like both my Vector KGM lighters, with 1 or 2 flames, depending on the moment..

An additional trim toward 20 mm tall would probably set weights on par, rendering wood less and less desirable in vue of the new eventually gained features. Really, "Pulse Heating" will seem vague until one has actually tried it and for this there's no substitute for the correct tool(s).

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

Egzoset

Egzoset

More...

Egzo revisits Crude Exploratory Lazy Lousy Permanent dual Through Cut PinHoles system 420x360

Egzosets absolute lazy lousy Twin Through Cut scenario of spring 2019 640x640

That's no perfect spheres but i could have tried better if given the opportunity. So far a rounded cylinder it is...

Some unexpected and pleasant surprize occured when i started checking for a "Monobloc" of close length to fit in, as they get cut in the customization process. It seems maybe the "Top" can be made as low-profile as 20 mm tall and weight nearly the same as for a wooden Sphere for the VG Classic, my impression being the crude early "PinHole" system prototype was a "reject" in spring 2019, i think. But a seamingly paradoxal phenomenon occured performing my preliminary test with "reclaims", which reminded me of hashish with pleasant "floral" qualities. Not at all like the tar/cauldron of ashtrays... Combined to my Vector KGM 2 torch-flames butane lighter i'd have to say this is probably a valid entry point for solid concentrates, and perhaps well suited somehow for CBD too.

Lets not forget the whole concept is modular and integrates both a sessions recorder that physical cotton samples may even complete if one wants to draw a plot of ritual profiles across some complex spectrum of noble molecules, to account for the "entourage" effect, etc. It may be tempting to evaluate collected samples at a later time, etc., etc. The set of butane torch-lighter + Full-Metal cust. VG Top + PinHole twin (on-top/handle) system provides an almost organic experience, more like playing a wind instrument than dealing with a noisy bag for 3 minutes like the Volcano. Each reconfiguration seemed revealing a character of its own, this lazy/lousy (crude) straight cut-through solution happens to keep functional despite the permanent dual pressure loss, i'm puzzled... Yet i must admit i've observed that doing a reclaim was a treat compared to my everyday sessions; variations on a theme can save the day.

In absence of a "Direct On-Top Core PinHole" located under the tip of my finger i found the heat felt harder, dryer as it resulted in hot-spotting significantly faster. I tought more fresh air would tame it down, but instead it caught fire at an increased rate... The solution is possibly to seek some trade-off by performing a thinner twin-cut or cutting only one side, so i've transferred an Hybrid Core into a Monobloc with my "Single-Cut On-Top PinHole Path" initially mentioned almost 3 years ago this month.

In any case "Pulse Heating" appears more accessible using a 2-flames torch lighter and going Full-Metal proved most suitable for such goal.

Good day have fun!!

Egzoset

Egzoset

Salutations,

The aluminium crafting made some progress but it's not quite ready for publication while i've actually got lucky toying with something radically different:
Egzosets Halloween 23 Conceptual Ext via Semi DiY Proto Platform 500x330

Lets call it my « Flex-Valve ». It function is to pinch the cannabic path during the pre-heating phase, building up a bit of decompressive force to prove useful when that silicone tube returns to its straight-line iddle state, e.g. with the path unrestrained again. Anyway that's only part of a double-purpose scenario where the other part is about taming down the vacuum force in presence of "impurities" from the butane lighter and tank: the flame only requires a minimal evacuation force of clean-burning butane exhaust to avoid self-extinction. Pre-heating is down to 1 second, by the way...

Ah, and it's finally verified to "work" without the 17-Holdes metal Disc. In addiction, our local "legal" (SQdC) finally started to offer some "concentrate" (<30 %...) which looks much the same as wax but is labelled "Live Rosin", intended for "dabbing" i presumed. In any case the Top-of-Bowl Screen can assume the additional task to serve as support for a piece of it no larger than a small fly. So, the wax thing sticks on my bowl's roof with shredded dry flower below, separate by a thin layer of air... It turns out the ToB Screen works in conductive mode to vaporize the waxy bit while convective heat simultaneouly floods the vegetal substrate, carrying away noble molecules that got just released. Overall i occasionally experienced sort of a celestial alignment of stars when suddenly i felt having old memories of real cannabis again, at last! IMO it seems such process combines noble molecules spectrum differently than ordinary blending so far. In short the 2 products scenario put back some of the fun into what's been too dull for too long (the SQdC fights "banalization" and even a risk of appearance of it)... So every boost of aroma/taste appreciation counts! Plus, the dab contributes in lowering caughing incidence.

Cleaning in "Plan-B" mode could become more acute with use, though IH Driving possibly combining ultra-sonic shaking + Burst Heating might delay the need for maintenance while providing phantom "reclaims" in the process...

Well, that's a revisited version of the initial « Prototyping Platform » and it confirms my intuitive preference for this particular device in 2013 as a result of VaporGenie's materials selection: space-age Silicon Carbide "DuoCell" foam.

If only the manufacturer could accept the idea of an upgrade!

🤩

Have fun at Halloween!! 🦇🎃

Top Bottom