WEED WARS......on DISCOVERY TONITE!!!

• Thread starter kushluvr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I saw it fly by too. That was funny how he made no mention of the pricing. He's a joker for sure.

I do like the Harborside guys in general. I'm sure that they have no choice on the final edits, so no surprise that Discovery wants to make it "entertaining" in their opinions. I did like the buyer showing at least not to buy buds that show a puff of spores when cracked open. I say we all dump some good ganj on these guys so they actually have some nicer top shelf for the house. I know Caregiverken recently did, and others here have before as well. Good for those guys. I know if I had a joint like that, I wouldn't be flaunting my income either. Would you show the feds that you are making tons of money? I would squirrel away any leftovers after my expenses and donations to cannabis related causes. Retire fat.

-TF

Illmind

Illmind

wheres the compassion in selling something u know is ass telling patients it good? non profits r usually all scheme hatchers though not just clubs. this dude clearly believes in the movement so rather him cake then sum1 just cashin in and cashin out. the brother needs to speak to employees less. i laughed when they were havin dinner n he says too bad we cant medicate in here that would put the cherry on top lol. nigga u eatin dinner. u kno u mamma taught u better lol.

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

i laughed when they were havin dinner n he says too bad we cant medicate in here that would put the cherry on top lol. nigga u eatin dinner. u kno u mamma taught u better lol.

lmao, doesnt everybody dab between their salad and their entree?

C

coldwater13

weed wars

The theft involving little Stevie at Harborside was all to real. I was there for most of it first hand, very sad situation all together. And yes they actually are a nonprofit orginization, every dollar is accounted on the HS website, and the brakedown of where that money goes is also listed. Asside from running costs like rent, PG&E, insurance, employee saleries, a rediculous amount of taxes and cost of inventory, whatever money is left goes to patient services like massage, hypno and psychotherapy etc... (all provided free of charge to patients), local cleanup efforts, comunity investment and charitible donations. But like i said,dont take my word for it, this info is easily accesed through the Harborside website. No one is acting poor.
:fighting0085:

kushluvr

kushluvr

The theft involving little Stevie at Harborside was all to real. I was there for most of it first hand, very sad situation all together. And yes they actually are a nonprofit orginization, every dollar is accounted on the HS website, and the brakedown of where that money goes is also listed. Asside from running costs like rent, PG&E, insurance, employee saleries, a rediculous amount of taxes and cost of inventory, whatever money is left goes to patient services like massage, hypno and psychotherapy etc... (all provided free of charge to patients), local cleanup efforts, comunity investment and charitible donations. But like i said,dont take my word for it, this info is easily accesed through the Harborside website. No one is acting poor.
:fighting0085:

who goes into business, specially semi illegal, to make no money? the swiss are americans BF's!

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

who goes into business, specially semi illegal, to make no money? the swiss are americans BF's!

^^^ this

Seriously your first post trying to convince us HS is non profit?
That shit makes me laugh I don't need to look on there website at some fake ass expenses to figure that one out. :pimp:

southstreets

southstreets

With a dude who's got a cple hundred suits in his closet! Lol.. I doubt he's banking only 40k a yr.. Lol.. Imo

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

And to top it off they prescale there all that shit?!

Wtf lol
I wonder why hmmm?

Homie got some horrible taste in suits with all that flow LOL

I hope those unprofessional fools get the boot IMO I'm sorry
I see more compassion come from shops with a quarter of HS patients

Blazing in parks n shit with his staff on camera wtf are you 5?
Dude grow up, show some respect

I woulda popped him and his staff if I was at that park with my family! Straight up
What the hell are you smoking to think that flies in a public park?
That got me heated when I saw that.

& don't be surprised when you get shut down for making yourself look like a complete jackass.

C

coldwater13

Everyone must be feeling very confrontational today. I didnt post to argue with anyone and my intent was never to convince anyone of anything. I just happened to be an impartial bystander while most of the footage was shot, and got a good look at how that particular club runs behind the curtain. Discovery channel definately took liberties with editing to increase the drauma. I never said that the owners arent paying themselves a huge salarie either, just that the money is acounted for and they follow a non profit business model. I am not affiliated with HS but that being said Iam a fan. I have been to so many sketchy, unsettleing, hole-in-the-wall dispensaries where i wanted to leave the second i walked in. At the very least at HS i dont feel like im going to get drugged and wake up in a bathtub full of ice missing my kidneys

C

coldwater13

ww

I dont know what Steve andthe other executives pay themselves but that info is public record as well

singingcrow

singingcrow

Don't worry about it coldwater...we all have mixed feelings about dispenceries, even the "best". It's a neccesary evil as far as I see it. Patients who need need may be too sick or don't have the skills to grow. We all know how hard it is to get a plant into flower, make it produce enough to last until the next "grow", say for a patient who is growing a few plants for him/herself.

So the dispensaries are a good thing in some ways. Allows people to avoid street dealers, which is scary and risky. Me? I'm a pretty young woman who would never want to deal with a street vendor. Plenty scary just thinking about it.

So, the farmers like us can sell our extra product to dispenceries and they firm it around and move it out the door at overpriced and tumbled weed, less quality than we produce.

Let HS function in their own way. It certainly works for Oakland, for the alternative medicine providers, making a profit, for people in the area who feel safer going there. I still give them mad props for allowing their operations to be televised especially since they knew it would show a distinct "angle".

Also mainstream America has so many people watching discovery who have no idea about marijuana, let alone that there are legal places to buy it and that it doesn't have to be smoked. It doesn't have to be recreational 20 year olds using it either...so even the show served a purpose.

Personally, IMO I dont believe for one second though that HS or ANY dispensary is in it for the love. Maybe some or even most farmers care, but I brlievf every dispensary has an eye on profits.

One of the best dispensaries in SoCal is owned and operated by a family of Persians who self-proclaimed that they know little about the plant and dont really care. Excuse my language here, but to them, "its just a fuckin' business" that is hot right now. Give them 5 years and they will close shop, retire and send their kids to expensive USC and climb aboard the next big gravy train.

Every motivation is different, but IMO most dispensary models have the money drive as prime motivator, including good old HS...just my opinion.

singingcrow

singingcrow

Oh and sorry, I replied via Android phone and its really hard to edit verbage..forgive the spelling above, por favor.

S

Sasha

Don't worry about it coldwater...we all have mixed feelings about dispenceries, even the "best". It's a neccesary evil as far as I see it. Patients who need need may be too sick or don't have the skills to grow. We all know how hard it is to get a plant into flower, make it produce enough to last until the next "grow", say for a patient who is growing a few plants for him/herself.

So the dispensaries are a good thing in some ways. Allows people to avoid street dealers, which is scary and risky. Me? I'm a pretty young woman who would never want to deal with a street vendor. Plenty scary just thinking about it.

So, the farmers like us can sell our extra product to dispenceries and they firm it around and move it out the door at overpriced and tumbled weed, less quality than we produce.

Let HS function in their own way. It certainly works for Oakland, for the alternative medicine providers, making a profit, for people in the area who feel safer going there. I still give them mad props for allowing their operations to be televised especially since they knew it would show a distinct "angle".

Also mainstream America has so many people watching discovery who have no idea about marijuana, let alone that there are legal places to buy it and that it doesn't have to be smoked. It doesn't have to be recreational 20 year olds using it either...so even the show served a purpose.

Personally, IMO I dont believe for one second though that HS or ANY dispensary is in it for the love. Maybe some or even most farmers care, but I brlievf every dispensary has an eye on profits.

One of the best dispensaries in SoCal is owned and operated by a family of Persians who self-proclaimed that they know little about the plant and dont really care. Excuse my language here, but to them, "its just a fuckin' business" that is hot right now. Give them 5 years and they will close shop, retire and send their kids to expensive USC and climb aboard the next big gravy train.

Every motivation is different, but IMO most dispensary models have the money drive as prime motivator, including good old HS...just my opinion.

"a family of Persians" ? what the fuck? lmao...damn them Persians with their families hahaha

ps Go Trojans...Fight On!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Well, I am sure that the HS guys must be making some decent money, and I am happy for them. The show does make them look a bit goofy, but I would rather give them cash for nugs (not that I really need to buy any, except for fun), rather than ANY club that I have found so far in the SFV. Most of the ones that I come across are Iranian owned, and their attitude is fuck em. They keif box the product before putting it out on the floor. Rename most everything to OG something or other. Bud quality usually B grade. Probably cut rate outdoor. Times were better for quality nugs down here before 215 and in the early days. I have an old friend who is a middle man, and he says all lbs are worth is 2k. He tells me "you growers are all the same, you think that your shit is gold, product is product!". Wow, if that isn't the most fucked thing that I heard all year. Obviously he will be seeing none of my quality meds, that's for sure. As much as I hate to admit it, the clubs in the bay area have much better product in general than where I'm at, period. Only shop that I have met so far that didn't seem slimy in LA county was Avalon. Sorry for the rant. In comparison to what the norm is down here, Harborside really does it right. Reality shows aside.

-TF

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I stopped watching it. It was less than entertaining and wasn't one of television's finest moments.

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

^+1, lame drawn out over acted wanna be reality tv selling a gimick of mmj

Latest posts

Top Bottom