Week 12 still clear trichomes what’s going on?

• Thread starter Anonymous_grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anonymous_grower

Anonymous_grower

This plant is confusing the hell out of me, should I wait or chop now buds are filled in all the pistols are red now they’ve been red for about a week what’s confusing me is there still seems to be plenty clear trichomes I read that some strains never amber, it’s a scrog set up an I can’t reach 75% of the buds to get a good view but the ones I’ve seen still are about 40% clear and don’t seem to be changing much at all this is a Sativa dominant hybrid...what’s best educated guess from pics ?

Week 12 still clear trichomes whats going on
Week 12 still clear trichomes whats going on 2
Week 12 still clear trichomes whats going on 3
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Because its a sativa I'd say give it another week. Assuming you have been flushing??? Have you tried using an environmental stimulus like drastically dropping temp/rh?

CF89

CF89

I thought it was determined that flushing is pointless and shouldn’t be done..... so how come you’re assuming he flushed?

CF89

CF89

I never flushed my last batch and they smoke amazing and burn super grey.

I thought you didn’t wanna starve a flowering plant during its last and most important days?

Have you read this article?

CF89

CF89

CONCLUSION
In a first of its kind study, Rx Green Technologies evaluated the effects of flushing period on yield, potency, terpenes, mineral content, and taste characteristics of Cannabis flower. Overall, the length of the flushing period did not impact yield, potency, terpenes, or taste characteristics of Cannabis flower. Taste test results indicated a trend toward improved flavor and smoke quality with the zero-day flush. While there were no significant differences in nutrient content, there was a trend toward increased iron and zinc in flower flushed for 14 days. The results of this trial indicate that there is no benefit to flushing Cannabis flower for improved taste or consumer experience.”

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Back to your original question — you have 40% clear trichs? How much amber?

Unless you have low temps in your grow, including low temps during the dark period (this will delay maturation for up to 2 weeks, from my experience) you could chop now.

I've grown many a long-flowering sativa dom. Some, particularly assorted haze crosses from European breeders, can stay clear forever. But it doesn't sound like you have that, since only 40% are clear. If you have 20% or so amber, I'd say it's done, for my particular tastes.

You can always harvest some now and then harvest more a week from now. That will give you the information you need if you intend to grow this strain again.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I dont flush for taste or terps. I flush to get the GH products (now miracle grow ugh) out of the plant if I can. Maybe its folklore at this point but I dont grow organic so I've always been under the impression this was healthier for ME, not necessarily the plant.

Anonymous_grower

Anonymous_grower

Because its a sativa I'd say give it another week. Assuming you have been flushing??? Have you tried using an environmental stimulus like drastically dropping temp/rh?
I did a flush and have been on only distilled water an ph it for past 2 weeks, My set up is hard to change temp an room humidity as I live in a very humid area and outside temps are just about always over 90 so my tent stays at about 75 with lights on and 55-60% rh with ac on at night I turn off ac to save power but temps and rh stay about the same

Anonymous_grower

Anonymous_grower

Back to your original question — you have 40% clear trichs? How much amber?

Unless you have low temps in your grow, including low temps during the dark period (this will delay maturation for up to 2 weeks, from my experience) you could chop now.

I've grown many a long-flowering sativa dom. Some, particularly assorted haze crosses from European breeders, can stay clear forever. But it doesn't sound like you have that, since only 40% are clear. If you have 20% or so amber, I'd say it's done, for my particular tastes.

You can always harvest some now and then harvest more a week from now. That will give you the information you need if you intend to grow this strain again.
Temps are not low about 75 the sugar leaves are 100% amber but buds seem to only have 10% or so Amber from what I can tell, thanks for the info

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
judging by the results of that test.... I don’t think you/we can (no offence)
Yeah man thanks for that link, thats why i love the Farm because I used to think I knew shit but it turns out im 20 years behind and I learn stuff here everyday. I should probably stop giving crap advice now lol 🤔🤣

CF89

CF89

Haha same here man. It’s constantly changing and progressing and evolving. I also thought for 20+ years that flushing was 100% critical and mandatory... guess I’m wrong (as hard as it is to admit/acknowledge). It’s hard to keep up with whats good and what’s not!! Changes weekly it seems

Anonymous_grower

Anonymous_grower

Haha same here man. It’s constantly changing and progressing and evolving. I also thought for 20+ years that flushing was 100% critical and mandatory... guess I’m wrong (as hard as it is to admit/acknowledge). It’s hard to keep up with whats good and what’s not!! Changes weekly it seems
I’ve always been under the impression that flushing was the way to go aswell but was skeptical if it really worked since I’m new to growing there’s so much info online And a lot of it is mixed opinions so it’s confuses me lol my last plant I didn’t flush and had no harsh taste or bad effects but then again I haven’t smoked one that has been flushed after I harvest this one that I’ve flushed if there’s no noticeable difference I will probably do away with it, very good info thanks

growsince79

growsince79

Take a fresh unflushed bud and put it in the microwave. See it start sparking like a tin can. Now put a well flushed bud in and see what happens. Tells me all I need to know.

CF89

CF89

Take a fresh unflushed bud and put it in the microwave. See it start sparking like a tin can. Now put a well flushed bud in and see what happens. Tells me all I need to know.

Here’s a fresh Unflushed bud in the microwave... when should the sparkling of started? This girl got full strength nutrients right till it’s last day. Smokes gray and doesn’t need to be re lit 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

growsince79

growsince79

Here’s a fresh Unflushed bud in the microwave... when should the sparkling of started? This girl got full strength nutrients right till it’s last day. Smokes gray and doesn’t need to be re lit 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Do you have a fresh well flushed one to try?

CF89

CF89

Do you have a fresh well flushed one to try?

possibly.... I ordered shatter the other day and they included a free 3.5g of grape ape bud. I assume it’s been flushed but who knows. I only trust my word regarding my stuff which isn’t flushed. Any other bud locally who knows what you’re getting

growsince79

growsince79

Looks like about 20 seconds. Very cool.

growsince79

growsince79

possibly.... I ordered shatter the other day and they included a free 3.5g of grape ape bud. I assume it’s been flushed but who knows. I only trust my stuff which isn’t flushed. Anyone else who knows what you’re getting
I mean fresh cut well flushed bud.

Top Bottom