Week 8 - Late flower phosphorus deficiency ?

• Thread starter 11Hick11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
11Hick11

11Hick11

I would water to runoff with pH'd water and check when you next water. I suspect you have a buildup that has thrown your pH too low and inhibited K absorbtion. A flush would be the fix.
So i decided to water with PPM at 558, PH 6.5. The runoff DOES have a low PH just like you suspected. Its Red/orange so 5 to 5.5 i would say.

TheKushie

TheKushie

This is a decent site for information.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Potassium deficiency cause burnt tips curling upward and scorched edges as it progresses. A flush may help get it back on track faster but i think a lot of it is under watering. Can cause nutrient concentration to become high leading to salinity and uptake issues. More to it than this but I'm a bit lazy to type it all out.

I also agree with the nutrient buildup as stated above

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Potassium deficiency cause burnt tips curling upward and scorched edges as it progresses. A flush may help get it back on track faster but i think a lot of it is under watering. Can cause nutrient concentration to become high leading to salinity and uptake issues. More to it than this but I'm a bit lazy to type it all out.
Agree. Underwatering leads to salt buildups that borked the pH. But I would fix that like asap. No?

11Hick11

11Hick11

Tips dried and curled up usually is light stress, dried and curled down is usually nutrients deficiencies. From what I read only though.

That would make sense on light stress too, the upper cola's are like this, lower ones look better.

11Hick11

11Hick11

Thanks for everyone's help on this. Ill do a flush on these.

How would you guys continue after the flush? This late in flower and all.

savagemonk

savagemonk

Thats a Potassium deficiency not a phosphorus deficiency and no I highly doubt its from cold water.

Are you adding calcium still? What nutrients and how much? Media? And watering practices?
I’m in early flower and been adding calcium still with every feed. I had a calcium deficiency in July and it got mostly fixed. Still see little brown spots here and there. Is it unusual to give Calcium supplements all the way through flower? My liquid feed supposedly has some Calmag in it.

savagemonk

savagemonk

Aug 23 in Toronto CAN and my outdoor Liberty haze just started to form buds. So now I’m forced to harvest mid October for a decent yield. Worrying about mold and frost but that’s a different story. I bought Grotek Monster Bloom 0-50-30. Thought a PK boost would help minimize my lower yield. Even tho I heard to use it in mid to late flower I used it yesterday. Used 6g for 5 gal and Grotek 3-8-8 bloom for 10 gal. Mixed that 15 gal to pH 6.5 and ppm was at 1000. Thus morning I saw the following symptoms on only just these 3 leaves and the same plant. Is Monster Bloom to blame?

633931D6 B810 42C2 A4F1 B7D1DFDE7CCB
3246E121 DD98 4D3A 94C9 165514BAB2B9
D8839B39 2136 4BA1 AA6A 5353400B4A26
savagemonk

savagemonk

Person that started this thread: remember people say you should flush the last 1-2 weeks of flower. Aren't you close to the end?? Maybe all u need to do is finish with a few good flushes with Molasses.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I would flush her, give her at least one more light feeding, then start flushing at least ten days out from harvest.

By would I mean that's just my thoughts on tapering into harvest.

savagemonk

savagemonk

Did it splash on those leaves?
No splashes. Ive never flushed a plant in the ground. I imagine drainage issues and the water would pool up. I hope my Monster Bloom just burnt these 3 leaves. I’ll keep a close eye on the plant. If these symptoms resurface I’ll do a flush.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
No splashes. Ive never flushed a plant in the ground. I imagine drainage issues and the water would pool up. I hope my Monster Bloom just burnt these 3 leaves. I’ll keep a close eye on the plant. If these symptoms resurface I’ll do a flush.
How far down the plant were those leaves? If it's bad nute burn, it will progress up.

savagemonk

savagemonk

How far down the plant were those leaves? If it's bad nute burn, it will progress up.
Surprisingly the 3 leaves were on the same stalk about 12-18 inches from the top. I have a 7-8 footer. Even tho it’s lollypoped I still have sporadic leaves left behind as “buffers” so the plant can canabolize them in case of deficiencies. The leaves on the mid-bottom looked no different than before.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@11Hick11 I would continue as you were until or if you decide to flush. The flush will kinda reset and you will likely see some deficiencies after but nothing I would be overly concerned about thia late in flower.

Top Bottom