Weight for Perfect Drying time?

• Thread starter Madbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SSgrower

SSgrower

Hanging of whole plant is a way to slow down the drying, I could but if the Cola's are ready to harvest and the lateral limbs are still developing buds, what's an old hippie to do?SS

TSD

TSD

Hanging of whole plant is a way to slow down the drying, I could but if the Cola's are ready to harvest and the lateral limbs are still developing buds, what's an old hippie to do?SS
Chop the tops and hope it doesn't shock the rest of the plant so much that it stops growing? If you have time or are inside I suppose.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I was thinking on the way density will affect drying time and

Last edited:
Madbud

Madbud

I harvest tops all the time, let the lowers keep going, dab of bagbalm on the cut. I would weigh one of those colas daily to see when it stops losing weight, then jar.

Madbud

Madbud

Sat nite, still down significantly even tho i got the ambient humidity back to 60%.
B659FECA A507 446C 9EA5 6AE61315D782
2DB8CD15 F178 43B1 99A1 A1C273251F01
0364DDEF 0B2B 4921 A3A9 A9F38B08CFFF
BOOOO!!!

Madbud

Madbud

Latest development, jarred the final jar and the needle dropped from 60 to 55%. Combined the two cuttings into the first jar(which has held steady a couple days at 60%) for a jarred weight of 16.8, second jar trimmed from the stalk at 26.8 g, monster plant i know. Weight loss on the cuttings and plant both below 10% the last 24 hours drying, 5 days total. Branches bent sharply but didn’t snap, small buds popped right off.
47D11673 B8FA 4716 ADEE 1A600765524E
AA7A3CF8 3851 4DBE B601 8BF36617CE4C
9BA52E2E 26A2 43A9 AD2B C08A5CB04F69
968C9A09 1D89 4078 B5DE 0F0943E325BD

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yep 60% is a nice spot to maintain for a nice cure.

For smoking it's good for vaping but on the high end for joints or bowls. 55-58% smokes much nicer for that but it only takes a day or so max once ya pull it out of the jar to hit that.

I like to keep mine 60-63% until ready to smoke and nice and cool. Just seems to carry that stink a lot better.

Madbud

Madbud

Yep 60% is a nice spot to maintain for a nice cure.

For smoking it's good for vaping but on the high end for joints or bowls. 55-58% smokes much nicer for that but it only takes a day or so max once ya pull it out of the jar to hit that.

I like to keep mine 60-63% until ready to smoke and nice and cool. Just seems to carry that stink a lot better.
Thanks but no stank here, wife likes it fruity🍋🍊🍍

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
here's the weight I said I'd get for you @Madbud There were 2 very distinct pheno's in this run so I'm weighing 2 different buds.
Weight1

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I would think they are both ready, losing less than a half gram, buds snap off pretty clean? Got a humidistat for the jar? Thanks for taking the time👍
I would have thought the same but it wasn't the case. Went in yesterday and finished the yellow tagged pheno. Started on the smaller buds of the red tagged pheno, processed a jar but the rest still wasn't ready. bud density is the determining factor at this point I believe

Madbud

Madbud

I would have thought the same but it wasn't the case. Went in yesterday and finished the yellow tagged pheno. Started on the smaller buds of the red tagged pheno, processed a jar but the rest still wasn't ready. bud density is the determining factor at this point I believe
So they’re continuing to lose weight drying?

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yea, I think bud density and oil content have everything to do with how much weight your going to lose. I have little doubts about that one.

ie. dry matter vs oily residue ratio's. Water bridges the gap between these two factors, and the oil/resin has a much higher molecular mass per volume than the dry leaf component.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom