Weird

• Thread starter mr skunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ceveres

Ceveres

@mr skunk how's that polyploidal girl doing? Did you manage to clone the mutation? I read that they can grow much slower but because they have double (or more) chromosomes they can have much higher THC and grow very large (just slowly). New pics?

mr skunk

mr skunk

Hey yep she's doing good...took 7 clones and all are growing good...I've had the mom in flower for about a month and she is nice and frosty...she's short only 28" tall but I trained her that way and doing same with the clones...she only grew 2" during the stretch period

IMG 1558
IMG 1578
IMG 1579
IMG 1581
Monster762

Monster762

sup people this is my 3rd grow and so I'm still learning a lot and researching everything....I've never bought seeds or been able to clone because of skill level but going to try cloning off this plant...I believe it's showing signs of female...I have probably the simplest grow set up lol...I have a hydrofarm 8 bulb t5 light...yes using wrong bulbs(wrong color) but did pretty good on last round...I'm only using dynagro grow and the bloom...flushing every 2-3 feedings....temps are about 80-82 lights on 72-75 lights off....18/6 schedule for now...plant is right under a month old since sprouting and she is short and thick...one question I have ....hopefully can see in the pic if I do it right is the main stalk and side stalks are thick as hell which I know is a good thing but in one of the pics you can see multiple leaves coming out of one of the stems....I mean it's layered I've never seen anything like it has anyone else? I'm also taking tips and advise thanks in advance...the last 2 pics show what I'm talking about...idk just weird to me
I'm not sure about polyploidy and all that but nothing wrong with good old t5 lights. You do however want to buy some 2700k or 3000k bulbs. Just get a 4 pack. In future when flowering just swap every other bulb for a 2700-3000. As dnewsome2 said if you back the lights off it will reach for the light. Stopping the cluttering. You can back lights up now too. During flower you want close but with yellow bulbs. I use t5 myself and see no need for hps or halide. T5 is low heat low power but high output. I'm on 4 th week flower now using t5 for veg then I swapped 4 of my 8 bulbs for 3000k. And I put a cheap $150 led 600w in for spectrum and little more light at flower. Plants are doing very well. Defoliate. Meaning take some of the leaves off the plant to allow more light in. Don't go crazy but it's definately got a few leaves it won't miss at all.

Ceveres

Ceveres

Hey yep she's doing good...took 7 clones and all are growing good...I've had the mom in flower for about a month and she is nice and frosty...she's short only 28" tall but I trained her that way and doing same with the clones...she only grew 2" during the stretch period
That's awesome man looking good! That last pic looks tasty and frosty as all hell lol Grow on!

mr skunk

mr skunk

I have hps in flower room and t5s in veg room...yea I've researched taking leaves thru flower and it's a 50/50 thru the industry everybody has there opinions so idk about that just yet but I want to

Ceveres

Ceveres

I have hps in flower room and t5s in veg room...yea I've researched taking leaves thru flower and it's a 50/50 thru the industry everybody has there opinions so idk about that just yet but I want to
You got to take everyone's advice with a grain of salt. Everyone thinks they're a master cannabis cultivator, the next Jorge Cervantes :joyful: Sometimes you'll get great advice, other times it's a lot like the blind leading the blind. Just use your best judgement, after all; it is your garden. But I do think Monster is right about taking a few fan leaves off. Defoliate if you feel the lower and inner parts of the plant really aren't getting too much light. Usually its best right before flower or as far as 3 weeks in, but it can stress/stunt your plant if you do too much too late in flower. Or don't :smug: up to you.

- Grow On-

mr skunk

mr skunk

Yea like I say I was thinking about it I just don't wanna mess anything up cause for now I only have the one in flower and 8 more vegging

mr skunk

mr skunk

Well been busy and did some upgrades and changing around...still waiting on my 1 in flower to finish should be soon...the 8 Behind her are looking good and then got 10 more ...if they root lol...

985BAF40 704C 4EA7 A98A 101AE0FC06C0
BF2BDB6F D4BC 4557 83BB ADF98451F94B
D8214391 B249 4E63 A59D E2F1431E72D3
AC283B2E ECD7 49B0 8FBE 4F95873CDCF4
E3333FD0 A2C9 4207 B8C1 5EFE2CE3783C
King Julien

King Julien

T5 is low heat low power but high output. I'm on 4 th week flower now using t5 for veg then I swapped 4 of my 8 bulbs for 3000k.

This is a little bit of a misconception.

A 400W t5 panel will output as much heat roughly as a good quality 400W HPS. With input to light conversions of, the rest being heat loss, 10-15.63% efficiency for t5s and 12-22% for HPS there's 12-22% efficiency for roughly 20-33% less heat from t5. However, a 400W t5 will tend to use more like 435-440 watts of actual electricity where-as a HPS uses about the same as long as it's a digital ballast.

Both waste the extra as heat automatically. However, most HPS lights have ballasts separate from the light and thus that extra 35-40 watts of heat can be avoided unlike most t5s. Also the heat from a tubed HPS can more efficiently be vented out of a room, thus saving on overall room cooling if only by a tiny percentage.

I tried both and with my tent setup I had heat troubles from 2 400W 8 bulb panels but never from 2 600W HPS. I also couldn't get as good of light penetration so while I could get decent yields it required a TON more canopy management using them for flowering.

In the end I would totally go with HPS any day of the week over t5s for veg and flower but that's just me. Eventually I'll get some LEDs.

mr skunk

mr skunk

My veg and clones are under t5...I had 2x 150w hps in my flower room then upgraded to a 1000w hps with the wing and was getting hot with door shut at 50% so ordered the air cooled hood and ducted all heat out a window and now the main room is cold and flower room is about 73-75 ....veg and clone stay about 78-81...so I’ll see what happens once I get all 8 into flower and run the hps at full power

Latest posts

Top Bottom