Weird

• Thread starter mr skunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mr skunk

mr skunk

Yea it's mixed reviews on pruning or trimming so idk...I just transplanted her to a 5gal bucket yesterday and took 4 cuttings ....I hope they all survive since I never cloned before....I would like to get rid of some of the cluster tho

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Take off everything except the very top growth a few days before flip and you wont have a giant bushy mess to deal with. The plant will handle it just fine and take off just a few days after the defol.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Yea it's mixed reviews on pruning or trimming so idk...I just transplanted her to a 5gal bucket yesterday and took 4 cuttings ....I hope they all survive since I never cloned before....I would like to get rid of some of the cluster tho
Sometimes cloning can be a little frustrating if it's your first time. You might try a couple different techniques with the four and see what works best for you. Really all you need is one to take hold then you can make as many as you want with your newfound experience LOL. Sometimes they can take quite a while depending on what species don't give up on them too soon. As far as thinning it out I wouldn't be afraid of that. Just take the leaves out that are stacked on top of others. You could always do a little bit here and there until you get it where you want it. Happy growing!

mr skunk

mr skunk

So take all fan leaves off but top few?
Take off everything except the very top growth a few days before flip and you wont have a giant bushy mess to deal with. The plant will handle it just fine and take off just a few days after the defol.

mr skunk

mr skunk

Yea I have 2 in just plain water and 2 dipped in root powder in soil...

xenon730

xenon730

Rapid rooters and a humidity dome
Cut at 45° with new razor cleaned with iso
Mist the cuts once and then mist only the dome and fan the cuts every day when you mist the dome
You could buy an aero cloner but they only work one season and then you have to start over because bacteria will build up and cause damp offs.
this is totally false.

mr skunk

mr skunk

I'm not using any of that....my plan is to do this as natural and cheap as possible...I'm not looking for house full of bud just personal and kinda hobby....it takes my mind off life when I'm in the room...plus maybe it'll be something to help calm side affects of my illness ....it's not easy for me to get supplies either....most of it has to be ordered...my last grow was only 2 but damn turned out great....I have probably the easiest cheapest set up

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I'm not using any of that....my plan is to do this as natural and cheap as possible...I'm not looking for house full of bud just personal and kinda hobby....it takes my mind off life when I'm in the room...plus maybe it'll be something to help calm side affects of my illness ....it's not easy for me to get supplies either....most of it has to be ordered...my last grow was only 2 but damn turned out great....I have probably the easiest cheapest set up
You should probably take all the lower leaves off those clones and trim the edges of the top leaves. By taking off those leaves it will force the stem to grow roots. There is a lot of good info on YouTube you should check it out.

mr skunk

mr skunk

Yea I didn't think it would either...I trimmed the clones and left about 2 inches....they are short anyway...it's the only ones I felt good about cutting at the moment...I thought about cutting the top leaves tho...like I say this my first time cloning so it's a learning curve...I been on so many sights and YouTube and everybody has different thoughts so I'm figuring it out as I go

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You can cut off everything except the top set of leaves on each branch and the plant will focus all of it's energy on growing out the tops, makes it much easier to water later on. I usually lollypop about 5 to 10 days before flip, they always grow out 5 or 6 new nodes in the first few weeks.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Yea I didn't think it would either...I trimmed the clones and left about 2 inches....they are short anyway...it's the only ones I felt good about cutting at the moment...I thought about cutting the top leaves tho...like I say this my first time cloning so it's a learning curve...I been on so many sights and YouTube and everybody has different thoughts so I'm figuring it out as I go
some plants will clone so easy it is not even funny. If that's the case you should be fine.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

this is totally false.
My guess is you suffer from all kinds of ailments that you completely don't understand. I would highly recommend educating myself before I question mr skunkins you are completely outmatched my friend.

xenon730

xenon730

what are you even talking about? claiming all aeros end in damping bacteria is plain false. you can also easily clean cloners and neoprene plugs. you are mistaken for blindly following someone. i suggest you learn the foundations of growing before calling someone out because if you believe every thing ANY one person says you're going to know less than you know now. any cloner that is rinsed clean twice a year should never experience damping off and its certainly not common. beyond that, people post good and bad posts and blindly calling someone out because they said something false is false(just so that others don't believe they need to throw out their cloners annually) to someone who regularly posts good information, is not calling anyone's reputation into question. its not that serious.

Last edited:
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Every time Ive used a cloner you have to get new parts after a year, even if its cleaned out the plants never root, have you even ever used a cloner or are you just quoting what youve heard about cloners?
The last time I even pressure washed everything and still only one cut rooted, rapid rooter plugs are nearly 100% success. Even if you clean them out with bleach or peroxide its hard to get all the bacteria.

xenon730

xenon730

Every time Ive used a cloner you have to get new parts after a year, even if its cleaned out the plants never root, have you even ever used a cloner or are you just quoting what youve heard about cloners?
i use multiple cloners every day and have for years. you must bring in cuts or never even rinse it because that's not a typical experience at all and I've turned at least 30 people onto aero cloners. the only faulty part is the sprayers and they cost less than a dollar each and you lose maybe 8 a year. so because you can't clone in your cloner after a year you assume its damping off pathogens and can't be removed and that that happens to everyone else? surely that sounds ridiculous to you too.

honestly, either a freak incident or something you do because countless people use aerocloners and don't destroy them. most convert old ones into rdwc or just grow plants in them. rapid rooters also cost ridiculously more over time considering $20 of sprayers and nothing but water will last 5 or more years with 100% success. i can't tell you why yours are failing but that is absolutely a one in a million situation if you actually had to throw out an aero cloner after bleaching. most people don't even clean their aeros in my experience and still don't have problems. just some algae. besides buying your own pump and sprayer attachment every year is cheaper than rapid rooters also.

Last edited:
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

i use multiple cloners every day and have for years. you must bring in cuts or never even rinse it because that's not a typical experience at all and I've turned at least 30 people onto aero cloners. the only faulty part is the sprayers and they cost less than a dollar each and you lose maybe 8 a year. so because you can't clone in your cloner after a year you assume its damping off pathogens and can't be removed and that that happens to everyone else? surely that sounds ridiculous to you too.

honestly, either a freak incident or something you do because countless people use aerocloners and don't destroy them. most convert old ones into rdwc or just grow plants in them. rapid rooters also cost ridiculously more over time considering $20 of sprayers and nothing but water will last 5 or more years with 100% success. i can't tell you why yours are failing but that is absolutely a one in a million situation if you actually had to throw out an aero cloner after bleaching. most people don't even clean their aeros in my experience and still don't have problems. just some algae. besides buying your own pump and sprayer attachment every year is cheaper than rapid rooters also.
Okay we've determined you're having algae problems. If you are nice MR Mcskunkins can tell you how to remedy your ailment.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I remedied my problem with root riot, why clean, run electricity, watch water level, watch for roots so they dont grow around your spray nozzles, buy hydroguard or benes to keep from getting bacteria, when I can pop the cuts down in some root plugs and mist the humidity dome every day or two and get 99% rooted clones in less than a few weeks.

mr skunk

mr skunk

Ok we figured out everyone has opinions....that's cool....I'm doing mine the natural way....yes it's gonna take longer...I was going to by a spray cloner online but couldn't find a good answer on going from clones in a hydro setup and putting them in soil...well got my answer so my next run with clones might be in the clonex cloner...prob not the best but it is for my budget...and it's good to know about the cleaning

Top Bottom