Welcome to my little dungeon.

• Thread starter Goodshit97
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

yep. the exhaust from most vacuums are insanely poor with air filtration and usually hang around the, "well the customer doesn't see dust coming out"
i am a rather clean person and it drives me nuts.
Yeah now that it was mentioned, it puffs dust every time i turn it on. So thatll just go back to bwing used in the car lol.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Oh really? Well shit, i guess ill just get a small broom and dustpan lol.
Just use the hose or wand from a normal vacuum. At least that will exhaust into the room and not the tent.

Put the tent intake fan into a nylon stocking. That will filter both sides of it before getting to your plants. Then vacuum when you see buildup.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Just use the hose or wand from a normal vacuum. At least that will exhaust into the room and not the tent.

Put the tent intake fan into a nylon stocking. That will filter both sides of it before getting to your plants. Then vacuum when you see buildup.
Yeah ill just keep things clean and use a small broom to clean up any mess. I also dont run an intake fan, i leave the bottom left port open and when my exhaust kicks on, it pulls in fresh air. So i went with 6 inch round hepa filters and im just going to pull the port closed around the filter to hold it in place.

GranniesGrams

GranniesGrams

Sounds dumb but I put nylon stockings over my intake & output fan vents. Easy to vacuum and keep an eye on.

Still clean the fan and blades after every 2 grows.
Oh my God that is such a simple idea. I made filter caps from hvac filters at home depot...

Stockings will be Next time !

GranniesGrams

GranniesGrams

Yeah ill just keep things clean and use a small broom to clean up any mess. I also dont run an intake fan, i leave the bottom left port open and when my exhaust kicks on, it pulls in fresh air. So i went with 6 inch round hepa filters and im just going to pull the port closed around the filter to hold it in place.
I've thought about using the intake screens but what do you do when you go into flower? Unfortunately I do not have a room that is dark all the time 😕

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I've thought about using the intake screens but what do you do when you go into flower? Unfortunately I do not have a room that is dark all the time 😕
I just send it, the room my tents are in, is never dark either as its my bedroom. Im out in the main oart of my house most of the day. So i run my lights at night, and have them off during the day. I have blackout curtains, and keep my bedroom door shut so it stays relatively dark mkqt of the time.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Put a box or something to block direct light that has a hole where no light shines in. As long as the air can get in and it’s blocking most light you should be fine. Unless reflected light won’t bend around a corner.

TSD

TSD

Don't call it the dungeon, dungeons are where shit goes to die! ☠️🤣😁
Too soon? I kid, good luck, maybe preventative spray a few times periodically, with something gentle... just for good measure? My outdoor ladies get hit with Lost Coast plant therapy about weekly , or at least bi-weekly in veg. Good luck, looking good so far!

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

3x3 has been coeaned and set back up. Im ready to start more plants, just gotta get some soil.
Any reason you don’t run the fan on the roof outside the tent? You don’t seem to be using carbon filters and such. Buy you an extra foot of light space.

Or I could just mind my own business. 👍

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Any reason you don’t run the fan on the roof outside the tent? You don’t seem to be using carbon filters and such. Buy you an extra foot of light space.

Or I could just mind my own business. 👍
It's a great question, i actually dont have much room above my tents. My ceiling is 7 feet, the 3x3 is 6 foot but i keep my cloner and a couple other things up there, and the 4x4 is like 3 inches from my ceiling. Mainly i dont want them on the floor with my kids running around and what not. My room is small too, ive yet to run into a problem having it inside, i just ditched the filters with the cleaning.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Don't call it the dungeon, dungeons are where shit goes to die! ☠️🤣😁
Too soon? I kid, good luck, maybe preventative spray a few times periodically, with something gentle... just for good measure? My outdoor ladies get hit with Lost Coast plant therapy about weekly , or at least bi-weekly in veg. Good luck, looking good so far!
I have dr zymes here as well as a sulfur spray, but i really don't like to spray them. If i did it would probably be a light peroxide mix. But i dont know. I dont want to buy more stuff lol.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

It's a great question, i actually dont have much room above my tents. My ceiling is 7 feet, the 3x3 is 6 foot but i keep my cloner and a couple other things up there, and the 4x4 is like 3 inches from my ceiling. Mainly i dont want them on the floor with my kids running around and what not. My room is small too, ive yet to run into a problem having it inside, i just ditched the filters with the cleaning.
I get it. My basement room ceiling is about the same. But I’m taller than my 72” tent and it fits nice and doesn’t have to be tied down. I too use the top as a storage space. Domes, extra fan, trays, etc.
068EB98B CCCD 4EEF 9E6E 2DF85D3179CB

Sits right behind the TrimBin. 😄
I use a 6” for the 3x3.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I get it. My basement room ceiling is about the same. But I’m taller than my 72” tent and it fits nice and doesn’t have to be tied down. I too use the top as a storage space. Domes, extra fan, trays, etc.
View attachment 1326069
Sits right behind the TrimBin. 😄
I use a 6” for the 3x3.
I could put both fans on the roof of my 3x3, but then id need to get more ducting. I have maybe 18 inches of ducting on the 3x3, its just enough to vent it out the top port. I use a 6" in both my tents. They work great. Ive actually noticed quite the change since ditching the filters. The fan in the 4x4 runs for like 30-40 seconds and goes back off for about 5-7 minutes. Before it would run for 2-3 minutes and go off for about 5-7 minutes.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

I could put both fans on the roof of my 3x3, but then id need to get more ducting. I have maybe 18 inches of ducting on the 3x3, its just enough to vent it out the top port. I use a 6" in both my tents. They work great. Ive actually noticed quite the change since ditching the filters. The fan in the 4x4 runs for like 30-40 seconds and goes back off for about 5-7 minutes. Before it would run for 2-3 minutes and go off for about 5-7 minutes.
Yep, 6” is big in this world. 😝

I just thought since it’s on sale for the same as the the 4”...why not?

The controller was the prize though. Set max RH & Temp and no more running around turning on/off fans all day.

But when it’s laundry day or some major swing in outside temp the up/down on/off can be a bit much. I put my old ACI 6” fan I used to use as a main fain in the bottom intake hole and now I turn the dial to low and poof, no more constant battle. Not perfect, but much better. No negative pressure either.

I also found that 6” is big enough that if one fan is running the other opening is enough to let the air flow. So I can power off the main inline fan and leave just the intake on. Phone app is a major help!

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Well, woke up this morning and had an email from ViparSpectra, they want to sponsor me for 1 year. They want to send me a ks3000 for my 3x3, an xs1500 pro, and a 2x2 tent to test it in.

Now im really torn because i want to do it but i have no idea where id set up a 3rd friggen tent without my wife castrating me lmao.
Im going to talk to her since she doesnt have work for a few hours and see if we can put together a plan.

Top Bottom