welcome to the jungle it gets worse here every day...

• Thread starter thunderfudge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nocollins2k

nocollins2k

Yea bro I don't like the idea of that I've had a timer go down that was controlling 4 tables right at the end that got missed and the weed wasn't smoke able I would rather set that shit on fire than sell bud like that it bleached it real bad as soon as there's no moisture left in the plant they will just fry if jungle boys are doing this there will be certain fine points that will defo be needed and a real watch full eye I defo don't recommend this method imho the best way to dry bud is to just hang the whole plant up everything other than the fan leaf or any leaf with a stem everything else gets hung to dry I've tried all the short cuts and funky methods but for me it's all about the quality of smoke not how fast or convenient but quality

Did you read the original question or did you just answer :-) The question was, if anyone had given the plant a couple of days darkness prior to hanging them up. Im not sure how your plants would get "fried or light bleached" at the end of the cycle for 48hrs. As you have heard, Fudge has done this for his head stash.

B Sparkles

B Sparkles

Try Herban Legends in Ft Bragg.
She carries clones from some very nice NorCal growers. She's not a clone bank though, It's a dispensary.
It's a mom n pop kind of place.

Peace
Got thru Dark Heart and snagged GSC and Chemdog #4 heartlets, they were tiny but growing pretty feisty for being 10 days out of the petri dish. I figured fuck it GSC is difficult might as well learn the hard way, everything is gravy after that, right? I've done Chem before, both are ugly plants but everyone loves the gas in NorCal. Wish me luck boys, im going in full throttle this run, ha actually pretty gentle I'm kidding I'll let you know how my first run goes without help /aka had to axe my buddy.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Got thru Dark Heart and snagged GSC and Chemdog #4 heartlets, they were tiny but growing pretty feisty for being 10 days out of the petri dish. I figured fuck it GSC is difficult might as well learn the hard way, everything is gravy after that, right? I've done Chem before, both are ugly plants but everyone loves the gas in NorCal. Wish me luck boys, im going in full throttle this run, ha actually pretty gentle I'm kidding I'll let you know how my first run goes without help /aka had to axe my buddy.
That dark heart Chemdog #4 cut looks very nice,I've seen her on ig before.good luck with her!

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Did you read the original question or did you just answer :) The question was, if anyone had given the plant a couple of days darkness prior to hanging them up. Im not sure how your plants would get "fried or light bleached" at the end of the cycle for 48hrs. As you have heard, Fudge has done this for his head stash.
I've had friends turn off their lights and go on vacation and leave the fans and dehumidifier on and came home 7-10 days later to some great smoke.that vine ripened!
I think cutting in the dark makes for smoother smoke,and 48 hours elongates trichs and swells the heads a bit.blue light swells the flowers just like reducing lumens does.I used to play with this often when all my plants were 8 weekers,having some 10s in there makes it hard to do stuff like that,so I get what I get.lol.

mancdank

mancdank

Did you read the original question or did you just answer :) The question was, if anyone had given the plant a couple of days darkness prior to hanging them up. Im not sure how your plants would get "fried or light bleached" at the end of the cycle for 48hrs. As you have heard, Fudge has done this for his head stash.
Hahaha it's not me that's not read it wrong buddy :) I already commented on the dark period and I also said I've been told not to take it over 36 hrs and the reply u have just posted was for some one mentioned just leaving them to die on the stick still on 12/12 which if u read what I said will explain what happend to me :)

mancdank

mancdank

Hahaha it's not me that's not read it wrong buddy :) I already commented on the dark period and I also said I've been told not to take it over 36 hrs and the reply u have just posted was for some one mentioned just leaving them to die on the stick still on 12/12 which if u read what I said will explain what happend to me :)
I'm struggling to understand how this drying on the vine works from my experience if there's no moisture left in the plant and them lights are on it won't be long before your beautiful bud is turned into a pile of hay and when I say not long like a few hours if any 1 can shed some light on this would be much appreciated :)

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

I his new equipment and just humble myself that im glad i can get the job done with my mag ballasts, i only have 3 atm which i know will be an issue...................
there's 29 in there at various sizes..................i should prob look into at least borrowing/renting a light until this harvests and i can buy another one!

mancdank

mancdank

I his new equipment and just humble myself that im glad i can get the job done with my mag ballasts, i only have 3 atm which i know will be an issue...................
View attachment 668926 there's 29 in there at various sizes..................i should prob look into at least borrowing/renting a light until this harvests and i can buy another one!
Mag ballasts get the job done bro any 1 who has been doing this for a while it was the only option granted the new gadgets are good but u can still grow 10/10 weed with mags no problem at all

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

20160723 103259
I'm getting fucked over here with the nugs i see. If it aint my harvest its usually trash locally. that kush looks wonderful enjoy while i drool onn your pics. last stuff i could find from some dude from mass who argued with me that it wasnt done................i refuse to look locally anymore, i may have to quit smoking which will kill me.

nocollins2k

nocollins2k

bro,u just flush tough and let the soil dry,then lose the lights.as long as your room is kosher it works.I just can't spend the time it takes to dry trim everything.

That is exactly What I was doing. Gave them there last water on sunday, felt the pots today and they are almost dry, so by thursday I should have the lights off and by sunday have things haning or on drying racks.

D

Digger

I've had friends turn off their lights and go on vacation and leave the fans and dehumidifier on and came home 7-10 days later to some great smoke.that vine ripened!
I think cutting in the dark makes for smoother smoke,and 48 hours elongates trichs and swells the heads a bit.blue light swells the flowers just like reducing lumens does.I used to play with this often when all my plants were 8 weekers,having some 10s in there makes it hard to do stuff like that,so I get what I get.lol.

I've also found that increasing the number of hours of darkness incrementally during the cycle leads to nicer smoke also. Ex: First 4 weeks 12/12, weeks 5-7 11/13 and then 10/14 until chop. I used to be under the impression this was only for long flowering sativas, but it seems to work for everything. My best harvest to date came from using this method. Doubt I go back to 12/12 all the way through again. Oh and in the last few weeks the light intensity is reduced, went from 600 to 400w on each bulb. Hope that helps

Top Bottom