welcome to the jungle it gets worse here every day...

• Thread starter thunderfudge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
@thunderfudge what do you look for in a male?

as a keeper for pollen chucking? im new granted but im really good at noticing difference in plants. i like to look at shit. hah.. i just have to learn what to look for.

chris.
it kind of depends on where you're planning to go with him.

for standard outcrossing.....

the first few are stature and smell,followed by its stability,or ability to not flower in long light periods.if they pass those 3, I move on to Trichrome coverage,size of flower clusters,and make sure the smell is there.

once I have a few selected under those criterias I'll move them into full flower and make sure they're 100% male by fully flowering them.that will show u any leave hermie traits ie pistils late in flower.

after that the clone is neglected in a solo cup for the next 2 months to make sure he can regenerate foliage without fully flowering in a vegetative state.

after that he gets the green light.

now for f gens.it's all the above,plus you're searching for desired traits you wish the line to contain in the future while also weeding out what isn't desired from the past.

the super lemon haze from GHS was a cut I'd had for 7-8 years.it had a nice lemon skunk smell/taste with a SSH rack/stature to it.for preservation I outcrossed it to the 08 chem line,which gave me a big plant with loose node spacing,but it retained that lemon honey smell/flavor.the flower structure wasn't triangulated like the slh,but was dead on otherwise.I just had to modify the rounded chem nugs she threw.

at that point I popped those seeds(slh x uc08) and looked for a male with the lemon honey smell,with triangulated flower clusters,and the thin hazy leaves.

I crossed those 2 which put me at SLH BX1.The next step would be making SLH BX1 f2s and eliminating any wider chem leaves, gassy phenos,and indica traits by enforcing those desired traits with a male who possesses all those said desired traits.

that's where we are now.the SLH BX1 F2 tent will contain the 2 best examples of the original mother in male form,and 1 female who meets all criteria.that should give us a good pool of similar genotypes to bottleneck further.

nocollins2k

nocollins2k

the first few are stature and smell,followed by its stability,or ability to not flower in long light periods.if they pass those 3, I move on to Trichrome coverage,size of flower clusters,and make sure the smell is there.

once I have a few selected under those criterias I'll move them into full flower and make sure they're 100% male by fully flowering them.that will show u any leave hermie traits ie pistils late in flower.

after that the clone is neglected in a solo cup for the next 2 months to make sure he can regenerate foliage without fully flowering in a vegetative state.

now for f gens.it's all the above,plus you're searching for desired traits you wish the line to contain in the future while also weeding out what isn't desired from the past.

the super lemon haze from GHS was a cut I'd had for 7-8 years.it had a nice lemon skunk smell/taste with a SSH rack/stature to it.for preservation I outcrossed it to the 08 chem line,which gave me a big plant with loose node spacing,but it retained that lemon honey smell/flavor.the flower structure wasn't triangulated like the slh,but was dead on otherwise.I just had to modify the rounded chem nugs she threw.

at that point I popped those seeds(slh x uc08) and looked for a male with the lemon honey smell,with triangulated flower clusters,and the thin hazy leaves.

I crossed those 2 which put me at SLH BX1.The next step would be making SLH BX1 f2s and eliminating any wider chem leaves, gassy phenos,and indica traits by enforcing those desired traits with a male who possesses all those said desired traits.

that's where we are now.the SLH BX1 F2 tent will contain the 2 best examples of the original mother in male form,and 1 female who meets all criteria.that should give us a good pool of similar genotypes to bottleneck further.

I like to hear the work that you do for real selection.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
I like to hear the work that you do for real selection.
thanks bro.that's why when u ask me for A x B I can't always oblige.lol.it is truly a matter of capitalizing on your best opportunity vs forcing something that may or may not work

I will always drop something dead in its tracks and come back if I have to.the age of tissue culture will help that alot!

jipp

jipp

thank you for taking the time to type that out.
you rock sir.
chir.s

Limonene

Limonene

IMG 6671
IMG 6673
IMG 6674
Sour Larry pebbles #4 on day 29. Outstanding so far. Other phenos are chunkier but this is the frostiest and smelliest plant in a room full of frosty and smelly plants. Nice work fudge!

incogneato

incogneato

View attachment 694992
Credit to fudge, they are very nice I'm extremely happy so far. Here's a photo of SLP#3 taken through some grow room shades, this girl smells amazing and is sticky like honey
Yea I'll agree that his genetics are always looking fire, but there's still a lot of work in growing them well. I'm definitely interested in adding some of his work to my stable some day!

Pegskiing

Pegskiing

heat is the biggest helper I think,staying in that magic spot.if I germ in paper towels next to the cable box I always pull the best rates.second best would be in a cup of water in the kitchen changed every 24 hours to keep the water fresh.I've even poured very warm water on old seeds-hot stratificatuon.
you can sprout them in paper towels and put in rapid rioters by slicing the cube from the outer edge to the center.the tray holds the cube together.lol
heat is the biggest helper I think,staying in that magic spot.if I germ in paper towels next to the cable box I always pull the best rates.second best would be in a cup of water in the kitchen changed every 24 hours to keep the water fresh.I've even poured very warm water on old seeds-hot stratificatuon.
you can sprout them in paper towels and put in rapid rioters by slicing the cube from the outer edge to the center.the tray holds the cube together.lol
I very grown the
starfighter x ucsfv
banana og x ucsfv
LED smoke grew the SBL X ucsfv
I'm growing the fire og x ucsfv

it looks like none of those.lol.

so that leaves

raskal og x ucsfv
jew gold x ucsfv
ghost train haze x ucsfv
cali connection larry og x ucsfv
(I forgot about that one!)
wifi x ucsfv
818 og x ucsfv

Pegskiing

Pegskiing

I've been following your grows for awhile now in addition to your posts on IG. So impressed with your crosses. Please check out my IG posts, (Pegskiing) Been growing in Alta for ten years at 4000 ft. for my med requirements. Any projects planned with Durban or more White crosses? Love your gear,
Peggy

Last edited:
thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
thanks peggy!I love your ig feed I follow you.you have very happy surroundings!

the white will be here a long time.she is tented up with super lemon haze bx1 right now and has reservations with a few sires this spring/summer.

Durban is just too much plant for me.lol.I'll be doing some reeferman pure burmese outside this year.

cannarado does have a white Durban I see people growing

what other varieties you'd like to see?

Top Bottom