What’s your Dry/cure/trim process

• Thread starter widwestgreenscapes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

It’s like the term “Good Shit Man”, well now we have “Cool err Weed Man”…
Ok ok sick joke, but seriously you can’t beat that line in the Cheech and Chong movie Up In Smoke ( Good Shit Man ),
& rightly called that because Chong followed his dog around the backyard with a baggie on its ass because it ate all of his weed.
If anyone hasn’t seen that movie go out of your way to get it, get lifted & watch it it’s absolutely a classic…

One thing about the cooler to, since you’re putting The whole trimmed bud branch in there stalk on bottom you have less touching the sides.
In mason jars, still not cured herb your jars get the still sticky Trics on the walls & it’s hard to roll around to get air.
I am probably not like many people, I really like aged weed, pulled some pineapple express out last month to bring to a party it was one and a half years old in mason jar, Probably the lowest THC weed at the party, but not to stroke myself …everybody loved it !!!
((also after about six months my herb goes into the freezer, After Being vacuum packed & put in
Mason jars again …(only my Hash Temple balls don’t go in the freezer I want the little compost ball to keep producing whatever it is that taste so good after a year)

TSD

TSD

It’s like the term “Good Shit Man”, well now we have “Cool err Weed Man”…
Ok ok sick joke, but seriously you can’t beat that line in the Cheech and Chong movie Up In Smoke ( Good Shit Man ),
& rightly called that because Chong followed his dog around the backyard with a baggie on its ass because it ate all of his weed.
If anyone hasn’t seen that movie go out of your way to get it, get lifted & watch it it’s absolutely a classic…

One thing about the cooler to, since you’re putting The whole trimmed bud branch in there stalk on bottom you have less touching the sides.
In mason jars, still not cured herb your jars get the still sticky Trics on the walls & it’s hard to roll around to get air.
I am probably not like many people, I really like aged weed, pulled some pineapple express out last month to bring to a party it was one and a half years old in mason jar, Probably the lowest THC weed at the party, but not to stroke myself …everybody loved it !!!
((also after about six months my herb goes into the freezer, After Being vacuum packed & put in
Mason jars again …(only my Hash Temple balls don’t go in the freezer I want the little compost ball to keep producing whatever it is that taste so good after a year)
I don't even touch mine till it cures for a month... it really does make all the difference. Maybe this year I'll actually end up with enough to know what year long cured weed tastes like lol.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Hang trimmed plants upside down in air conditioned room till outside of flower feels dry but inside is wet, put in plastic cool whip containers and open a few times a day to release chloroform, when flower is almost but not quit dry put in Mason jar with humidity chip, at this point I open Mason jar once a week, the longer you leave the better, everyone does different but no one has ever complained about smell, taste or quality of my smoke. Also save up sugar leaf with trichome cure it and when u have enough make canna butter for brownies or cookies posted recipe.

widwestgreenscapes

widwestgreenscapes

If anyone has anything else they would like to share I’d love to hear it.

Madbud

Madbud

If anyone has anything else they would like to share I’d love to hear it.
I trim live plants a couple days before harvest, bundle with string to wash in 20/1 3% hydrogen peroxide wash and fresh water soak/rinse then hang at 65% and 70°. Cut one nice bud and weigh in a solo cup. When the bud loses 75% weight, say 25g down to 6-8g in about a week i figure the plants ready for curing in tupperware or mason jars, also have some vac cannisters for the sweetest terps.

TSD

TSD

Wet trim before chop. Depending on size of plant either section of branches and hang or hang entire plant. My environment for drying is about 65 - 70 degrees and rh of 50 - 60%. Takes about 5 - 7 days to get a crisp feel but squishy feel if squeezed. Then it goes in to paper bags. I put an rh monitor in it with the buds. I want the rh in the bag to equal the ambient rh outside the bag when dry. That is after another 5 - 7 days. I open bags daily and turn. When dry I shuck the buds off and put in Grove bags. About two weeks sealed in those and it’s cured. Great smoke.
How full do you fill the paper bags?

TSD

TSD

For everyone that uses paper bags, how much do you put in each bag? Like a quarter full, half full? I'm giving this method a go but not sure I'm doing right.

Narsbars

Narsbars

I am trying something new this year. Both Wet and dry trimming. First hang until you can snap the smaller branches and hear them snap. At that point the buds have been hanging in a 50 to 60RH situation with a small fan running about 10 feet away just to circulate some air. At that point I have further trimmed the dry trim buds judging by feel. I find if I can knock off a few trichomes by banging the bud against a mirror it is read to jar. I then place the buds in mason jars loosely and add a 62% Boveda pack. Since I have only had to open the jars weekly to check the Boveda pack it saves a lot of time. I continue this process making sure to renew the Boveda packs if I feel any crystals for at least three weeks in a dark 70 F closet. Since various molds can spring up I always quarantine my weed for at least three weeks. Then I replace all Boveda packs with fresh ones and can store for months. I am a small grower and I find that this technique and dry trimming has saved me a huge amount of time as one crop for me would be a five year supply, I make hash and edibles out of a lot of the weed and don't worry about scrounging for every milligram of THC.

freezeland2

freezeland2

How full do you fill the paper bags?
I use a large paper paper bag like you used to see in the Grocery stores to bag your groceries in. I fill it a 1/4 to 1/2 full, and drop my rh probe down in the bag and then roll the bag closed. I roll it down just enough to close it good but leave enough head space above the buds so the bag isn’t rolled down to them. I burp the bags a couple times a day and turn the buds over. After a couple days I leave the bags closed until the rh in the bag reads the same or within 1% as ambient rh outside the bag. At that point they are ready to cure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom