What’s your experience plucking balls from hermies during early flower?

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

Hahaha. Most people won’t grow a herm out, because most of us know a few things. 👍
I would hope that in the 30+ threads you have started since joining the farm, you would have learned.

good luck with the she-man.
well some people that apparently know more than you have grown them out and with proper maintenance and a little bit of luck ended up with some killer shit that wasn’t seeded...or seeded very little. Just because something isn’t easy doesn’t mean it should be dismissed. Think about all those Hermies everyone has thrown out...who knows, maybe they would’ve been able to save all the time, energy and money that was already exhausted into them but lost it all because most people just burn em, so they did too. This isn’t a measuring contest of “who knows more?” it’s an inquiry where I’m pulling all info into a larger picture. If it’s possible to maintain and flower a Hermie without thousands of seeds...I think it’s well worth the grow to find out. I can take your word for your experience, but I can’t verify that you were thorough enough inspecting your plants or that other causes led to your seeds, like a different plant that hermed and you didn’t notice.

This may end up with tons and tons of seeds...but if it doesn’t, maybe you’ll learn something from Me?

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
well some people that apparently know more than you have grown them out and with proper maintenance and a little bit of luck ended up with some killer shit that wasn’t seeded...or seeded very little. Just because something isn’t easy doesn’t mean it should be dismissed. Think about all those Hermies everyone has thrown out...who knows, maybe they would’ve been able to save all the time, energy and money that was already exhausted into them but lost it all because most people just burn em, so they did too. This isn’t a measuring contest of “who knows more?” it’s an inquiry where I’m pulling all info into a larger picture. If it’s possible to maintain and flower a Hermie without thousands of seeds...I think it’s well worth the grow to find out. I can take your word for your experience, but I can’t verify that you were thorough enough inspecting your plants or that other causes led to your seeds, like a different plant that hermed and you didn’t notice.

This may end up with tons and tons of seeds...but if it doesn’t, maybe you’ll learn something from Me?
Growing cannabis requires extensive money, and time. I’m only after growing top shelf cannabis, and if your pulling balls week 2 mate, you don’t have.
if the juice isn’t worth the squeeze, I toss the lemon.
but feel free to do you, gl🤙

tobh

tobh

Supporter

alright dude, you're getting snotty with a long time member that is highly respected here. He's right, you've multiple threads running and seem to be stacking post counts like they're rep points in a video game. You've also had multiple other respected, long time members give you input that is all the same. Watch your tone or you'll be forced out.

You're a cool cat but I'm personally sick of new members trying to throw weight around and you're a new grower thinking you're discovering something new. What you're doing has been done hundreds of thousands of times and has been proven to be ineffective and more trouble than it's worth.

Be cool or find somewhere else to go argue with people trying to help you. Simple as that.

Dothraki

Dothraki

this, to an extent. it took a lot of work from incredibly intelligent people over decades to get us to a point of stability. now we're into the wave of people undoing literally 40 years of work due to a complete disregard for respect of the soldiers that risked life and freedom to get us here. fuckin pollen chuckers that have never understood a Punnett square pushing shit untested F1's with hermaphroditic genes because "if you grow it right, it's an elite cut bruh".
It’s a double edged sword...and aside from the pollen chuckers saturating the market with crap...I’ve also noticed the way growers are growing has gotten horrible since legalization. I never remember getting strawberry cough, blue dream, and have it looking like a giant, rock hard chunk of green cotton candy that dried and retained its perfect shape...and has no smell or taste. All the crap they are feeding this stuff like nutes made for ornamental plants.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
It’s a double edged sword...and aside from the pollen chuckers saturating the market with crap...I’ve also noticed the way growers are growing has gotten horrible since legalization. I never remember getting strawberry cough, blue dream, and have it looking like a giant, rock hard chunk of green cotton candy that dried and retained its perfect shape...and has no smell or taste. All the crap they are feeding this stuff like nutes made for ornamental plants.
nutes are nutes. chelated nutrients are more readily available to the plant. the problem you're describing is PGRs and almost no one reputable grows with them now because they're carcinogenic and not cost effective. fundamentally it's an issue with putting cannabis on a pedestal like it's something special and it's not. it's just like any other commodity crop but right now it's a goldmine for the greedy and a shit ton of people are giving away their hard earned money because of how legalization (at least in the US) has been approached. i'm a guerilla for life and grow better shit than anything sold around me, even if half of it is ugly as a blue waffle after harvest.

Dothraki

Dothraki

alright dude, you're getting snotty with a long time member that is highly respected here. He's right, you've multiple threads running and seem to be stacking post counts like they're rep points in a video game. You've also had multiple other respected, long time members give you input that is all the same. Watch your tone or you'll be forced out.

You're a cool cat but I'm personally sick of new members trying to throw weight around and you're a new grower thinking you're discovering something new. What you're doing has been done hundreds of thousands of times and has been proven to be ineffective and more trouble than it's worth.

Be cool or find somewhere else to go argue with people trying to help you. Simple as that.
Well guess what...I struck a nerve because you know I’m correct. If you want a private, censored group of people to boost each other’s egos don’t have a forum open to the public...I respect knowledge, not ego. So sorry bud, can’t sensor me. I’m after knowledge not “props”.

growsince79

growsince79

this, to an extent. it took a lot of work from incredibly intelligent people over decades to get us to a point of stability. now we're into the wave of people undoing literally 40 years of work due to a complete disregard for respect of the soldiers that risked life and freedom to get us here. fuckin pollen chuckers that have never understood a Punnett square pushing shit untested F1's with hermaphroditic genes because "if you grow it right, it's an elite cut bruh".
I was forunant enough to work with some good growers 40 years ago. I wouldn't say we were incredibly intelligent, but we managed to grow and breed incredible weed without ever buying a seed. We were picking balls off herm Thais and thai crosses since I was a kid. The ones that didn't herm got used for crosses. By 82 their was plenty of good seed stock in circulation without buying them in the mail. Some of the guys who weren't too bright went to prison for buying from seedbank and sssc.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Spin it however you want but hermies at 2 weeks and not killing that plant is just not a smart thing to do so do as you must. If the strain is known to hermie there is really nothing much that can stop it, it is genetic at that point and it is not a good idea to grow the strain.
I have had 2 situations with hermies. First was Gelato #33, first grow and I found the balls days before they opened at about 2 1/2 weeks. It got the chop, some did not listen and they got seeds and lost it. Second was genetic, it was Ice Cream Cakes and it was nothing I did. But I got about 10 seeds.
Yeah, he's right. I am a proponent of keeping them safely away if you have room, but the possibility of pollen destroying my grow is not a pleasant one. In this context, males must be stopped.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Growing cannabis requires extensive money, and time. I’m only after growing top shelf cannabis, and if your pulling balls week 2 mate, you don’t have.
if the juice isn’t worth the squeeze, I toss the lemon.
but feel free to do you, gl🤙
I believe this strain will surely be worth the squeeze...it’s for personal use, I’m not trying to get rich off it.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Well guess what...I struck a nerve because you know I’m correct. If you want a private, censored group of people to boost each other’s egos don’t have a forum open to the public...I respect knowledge, not ego. So sorry bud, can’t sensor me. I’m after knowledge not “props”.
And I don't have time for people attacking people I respect and KNOW are skilled at growing not only cannabis, but plants in general. What you're doing here is playing with fire and you're cluttering the forum with bullshit threads. Run your experiment, learn on your own, earn the knock that so many have earned before you, but keep your tone in check. I've helped you several times but I'm done with you now. One shot dude and you blew it. Good luck.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Yeah, he's right. I am a proponent of keeping them safely away if you have room, but the possibility of pollen destroying my grow is not a pleasant one. In this context, males must be stopped.
For sure... but keep in mind my entire crop is only one other plant so for me is worth the risk.

Dothraki

Dothraki

And I don't have time for people attacking people I respect and KNOW are skilled at growing not only cannabis, but plants in general. What you're doing here is playing with fire and you're cluttering the forum with bullshit threads. Run your experiment, learn on your own, earn the knock that so many have earned before you, but keep your tone in check. I've helped you several times but I'm done with you now. One shot dude and you blew it. Good luck.
K, bye.

Dothraki

Dothraki

That makes you different from 98% of other growers. Your needs are different, but make sure you don't discount existing wisdom because it is always hard earned.
Right, and I’m not. I learned that you can grow a Hermie without it being full of seeds. What I haven’t learned yet is if that’ll be my case lol. We shall see.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Right, and I’m not. I learned that you can grow a Hermie without it being full of seeds. What I haven’t learned yet is if that’ll be my case lol. We shall see.
Of course you can grow it. That's not the question here. The question is why? If you miss one tiny, and they are freakin tiny, pollen sac, you can lose the yield on the other one. You only have 1 plant. Start another one, or move the male somewhere. Don't keep them together, not even pro breeders do that.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Of course you can grow it. That's not the question here. The question is why? If you miss one tiny, and they are freakin tiny, pollen sac, you can lose the yield on the other one. You only have 1 plant. Start another one, or move the male somewhere. Don't keep them together, not even pro breeders do that.
I’m moving it to a different tent. I figure, if it’s all seed I’ll make hash.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I’m moving it to a different tent. I figure, if it’s all seed I’ll make hash.
Might I suggest you mist them very lightly 2x daily until after they pop? The water helps to kill the pollen and traps it from blowing across town.

growsince79

growsince79

Carbon filter won't stop pollen. If it gets too bad your whole house is fkd up. It'll find the other tent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom