What a medical grow SHOULD look like...

• Thread starter Green Mopho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jakew215

Heard they still do, except for the parts over run with stupid American soldiers blowing things up.

whatchu talkin bout? didnt you remember bush landing on that boat after "mission accomplished"

and sorry for my newbie'ism but is hindu kush and real place? lol thats awesome.

B

budbrothers

whatchu talkin bout? didnt you remember bush landing on that boat after "mission accomplished"

and sorry for my newbie'ism but is hindu kush and real place? lol thats awesome.

ya its a mountain range lol

brief wiki info:
In some of the Afghan & Iranian languages that are still spoken in the region, many peaks, mountains and related places have the ending -kush in their names. In the Persian language of the Sassanian period (known as Middle Persian), Hindu referred to the inhabitants of the area around and beyond the Indus River, or Hind - the area they inhabited.As a corruption of Hindu Kūh, meaning "Hindu Mountains" or "Indian Mountains", from the (modern) Persian word Kūh (کوه), meaning mountain

J

jakew215

ya its a mountain range lol

brief wiki info:
In some of the Afghan & Iranian languages that are still spoken in the region, many peaks, mountains and related places have the ending -kush in their names. In the Persian language of the Sassanian period (known as Middle Persian), Hindu referred to the inhabitants of the area around and beyond the Indus River, or Hind - the area they inhabited.As a corruption of Hindu Kūh, meaning "Hindu Mountains" or "Indian Mountains", from the (modern) Persian word Kūh (کوه), meaning mountain

thats awesome, i feel like i learn a lot of elementary level stuff on this site on top of my ganja growing fascination. where was i in school? jeez. thats gotta be REMOTE growing.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

^^^^Set 'em straight homie....people have been growing the fire for thousands of years....it is nieve for any of us to say that we have improved upon this plant during the last 30 or so years, when its been bred and cultivated for drug use for thousands of years. The traits we are seeing in our phenos have always been there....

J

jakew215

^^^^Set 'em straight homie....people have been growing the fire for thousands of years....it is nieve for any of us to say that we have improved upon this plant during the last 30 or so years, when its been bred and cultivated for drug use for thousands of years. The traits we are seeing in our phenos have always been there....

im sure a lot of them are responsible for making the phenos the way they now...

makes you feel small.

B

budbrothers

the only thing we did in the last 40 years was find ways to push it to the limits. Higher thc content, ideal spectrum of lighting and intensity, nutrient and oxygen boosters, ect. went from 5% to 20 on thc average and yield probably quadrupled

F

Funkfingers

the only thing we did in the last 40 years was find ways to push it to the limits. Higher thc content, ideal spectrum of lighting and intensity, nutrient and oxygen boosters, ect. went from 5% to 20 on thc average and yield probably quadrupled

Only????:anim_30:

C

cannagirl

I hate to be the bitch here, but none of this location shit has anything to do with this grow. The grow is legit in CO, we try to grow the bud to the best of our ability and I dont give a fuck if you think California is better than CO, or the fucking North Pole for that matter, so can we get this thread back on track?

Hey Mr. Mopho, if it's not that big a deal would you mind telling me what your issue was with your water-cooled CO2 generator?

Just curious because I got mine delivered today and am going to install sometime within the next few days, so if there's something I should look for or do to avoid a pitfall, I'd love to be able to do it.

If you wanna keep it private and PM me, that's perfectly fine with me.

Hey Bobby, since Mopho is being rude and not answering pertinent questions on this thread, Ill go ahead and give you a list.

First, we got the propane to natural gas converter, well the first one snapped in half during installation, so that was a set back having to wait for a new part to be shipped. Next the chiller we have is a 1/2 HP designed to cool up to 317 gal of water, well the chiller turned out to be a dud and wont even cool 55 gal. We tried 2 different pumps, 4/10 HP sump pump and the other a 590 gph aquarium pump, the water actually got warmer running through the chiller on the smaller pump, so that has been yet another set back, and we are having to wait on a new one.

Also the sizes of all the fittings dont match so be prepared to for a little DIY PVC work.

Then the burner itself, has a ton of safety controls to shut the burner off incase something is not right, well I believe for the most part the controls are too sensitive. If the flow of water running through the burner is not high enough, it will shut off. If the O2 sensor gets bumped to close to the casing, the burner will shut off, among other things that will also make it shut off. Also I forgot the covering doesnt fit once you change over to natural gas, unless you drill your own holes.

You would think for a $300+ product with another $75 for the convertor kit, you wouldnt have so many issues, go figure!

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Hey Mr. Mopho, if it's not that big a deal would you mind telling me what your issue was with your water-cooled CO2 generator?

Just curious because I got mine delivered today and am going to install sometime within the next few days, so if there's something I should look for or do to avoid a pitfall, I'd love to be able to do it.

If you wanna keep it private and PM me, that's perfectly fine with me.

Sorry man...lets get back on topic here...

We are running (or trying to run) a HydroGEN Pro water-cooled CO2 Generator, made by Hydro Innovations.

Let me say first of all, most of the issues aren't with the burner itself, but all the pumps and chillers that are needed to go with it. You could run drain to waste, but our warehouse is on a limited water supply, and in a state where water is scarce, it just seems wasteful.

The customer support at Hydro Innovations is superb. Real friendly guys that have helped us out along the way. It is a cool piece of gear, with tons of safety features and shut-offs, almost too many! It won't light up if there is no flow of water, it turns itself off when it gets too hot, it has an oxygen censor that will turn it off. Etc.

We are running the co2 gen on natural gas. The unit comes as a propane burner, with an optional natural gas conversion kit. The flute valve on the converter kit broke when we tried to install it, its real sensitive. They sent us another one.

We are running it recirculating on a 55-gallon res (not enough really) with a 4/10 HP pump and a 1/2 HP water chiller. The directions say to run it all one circuit, i.e. res-to-pump-to-chiller-to-burner-to-res, but the water chiller slows down the flow too much using the recommended and included 1/2" insulated hose. The 1/2 HP chiller only came with 1 1/4" slip fittings, not barbed or threaded, and no attachments for barbs or threading. Had to PVC glue some threaded garden-hose connections so it wouldn't leak, that was what they recommended to me! $850+ bucks for a chiller, and you are glueing shit to it! I didn't get that, but okay...

So our chiller doesn't seem to be working, because it couldn't chill the 55 gal res, even on its own without the burner running or even in the chain. So we are waiting on a new chiller. The burner still fires up, but you have to also tweak and fiddle with the oxygen sensor, or it will put itself out. Also, when you install the natural gas kit, you get a valve for the flute, that valve doesn't fit on the face plate, and because you have to continually tweak with the oxygen sensor, your burner looks like this in the room....

http://a.invalid.com/img706/5623/img5980w.jpg
http://a.invalid.com/img153/8370/img5982x.jpg

So, um, yea...works great, for the 5 minutes that I could actually get it to work...still working on it....it won't be my downfall, I promise. PM me if you have similar (or even different) issues...

B

Bobby Smith

Canna and GM, thanks so much - great info in there!!

Sounds like you both had issues with the propane-->natural gas conversion - even though I wanted to pay the little extra for a Hydrogen (they seem like good guys), the fact that I'd have to do that conversion myself (I ain't handy for shit) or only run it off of propane (figured that out after spending a full day running NG to my garage) wasn't an option for me, so thankfully I skipped that step by simply ordering one of these:

An added bonus is that you get a tax credit for buying an energy efficient appliance :)

Anyways, it also sounds like you both had chiller/rez issues - I'm actually going to be running mine drain to waste with their solenoid so I (hopefully) won't have to worry about the intake water being too hot and warming the unit up too much.

Again, thanks so much to both of you for your help and input.

EDIT: Jake, as soon as I posted it (pretty stoned) I started thinking the same thing........I was like "damn, their grows seem REALLY similar"........lol, what a tard I am.

Doesn't change the fact, though - thanks to both of you for sharing the knowledge.

J

jakew215

Canna and GM, thanks so much - great info in there!!

Sounds like you both had issues with the propane-->natural gas conversion - even though I wanted to pay the little extra for a Hydrogen (they seem like good guys), the fact that I'd have to do that conversion myself (I ain't handy for shit) or only run it off of propane (figured that out after spending a full day running NG to my garage) wasn't an option for me, so thankfully I skipped that step by simply ordering one of these:

An added bonus is that you get a tax credit for buying an energy efficient appliance :)

Anyways, it also sounds like you both had chiller/rez issues - I'm actually going to be running mine drain to waste with their solenoid so I (hopefully) won't have to worry about the intake water being too hot and warming the unit up too much.

Again, thanks so much to both of you for your help and input.

there two posts were like identical, i think they are working on the same grow show bro.

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

Colorado.......Is the home of Spidermite infested weed , powdery mold and bEASTERS .

LOL you want Buckets of blueberry, Ak, covered in PM and mites, its the spot ,:banana1sv6:

But nice show none the less........killing it !!!:hunter:

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

For the record, Powdery Mildew is not native to Colorado. Growers in Colorado hadn't seen Powdery Mildew for 20 years until recently when California clones started showing up. Northern California's fog and high humidity promote mold and mildew on outdoor plants. Outdoor plants often get cut into clones for indoor plants. People then drive these cuts to Colorado.

A lot of old school Colorado growers didn't know how to handle Powdery Mildew because they'd never seen it before.

Colorado is a high plains-high desert region, mostly arid. Humidity rarely gets over 30%. PM doesn't live outdoors in those conditions....PM was artificially brought here from the Pacific Northwest growing climate. That goes for root aphids, too. Root aphids are also known as Phylloxera and are native to wine growing regions, areas that are coastal or semi-coastal, mild to temperate climates with higher humidity. Specifically, Sonoma, Napa, Humboldt, and Mendocino...NOT Colorado.

On that note, I will say that the spider mites out here are pretty hardcore. You gotta be prepared and fight them off in more ways than one. Unlike powdery mildew and root aphids, spider mites are native to hot, dry, arid regions, so most of the Southwest, Colorado included.

And for the record. Most of the "beasters" that comes through here is B- grade Cali outdoor that won't sell for shit in Cali, so they unload it here at dirt cheap to try to undercut the local growers. This happens so much, you rarely see anything locally grown and/or of real quality in dispensaries.....

Let me just bow down to Cali for being the quality capital. There is absolutely ZERO commercial beasters getting pumped out of Cali, right? Its all just OG Kush.....thats why most Cali guys gotta unload their garbage on the east coast.....right?

California fucks everyone without a condom, and then blames us for having herpes....hmmm....

F

Funkfingers

You must have just looked like you weren't from around there.. Must have been an easy target... I got friends that are ski bums that make a killin selling the b's none of the locals will puff, to tourists.. Hell the first time I went to Mendo all I saw for a longtime were b's and c's till I met some folks.. It's all in who you know bro..(BTw never really saw pm out here till a bunch of folks brought cuts from the coast.. Not really a great environment for it to thrive..)

Green can you get that lavender to yield?? (might have asked you but I forgot).. I never ran dro but how much water do these girls drink a week, kinda fascinated by it..It's always just been dirt or sunshine for me.. Play on Playa

Tripsick

Tripsick

damn i have to spread some more rep around before i can give Green Mopho some more..
Preach on :evilgrin0031:

Latest posts

Top Bottom