What are the best bulbs!?

• Thread starter januaryfirst
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Lumatek bulbs are amazing bro check out my thread you can see how they perform in veg all vegged under lumatek 1000 watt hps it's the bulb with the hights par rating on the market and works with any digi ballast I use quantum ballast and they work awesome I Dnt plan on using any other bulb lumatek bulbs are the best imop but if I had to choose a second it would be a ushio there rite up there as well.

green punk

green punk

Copper coil ballast (cap xtreme lifetime warranty my current). 1000w Hortilux super HPS. Think of the millions of pounds produced by these two together. Well before the enhanced spectrum, digital/electronic age.

The whole digi ballast thing is interesting. That s a whole thread itself.

symbiote420

symbiote420

With my digital ballast I've used EYE, Ushio, and SunMaster they don't have shit on my 600w HPS Digilux. -you do have to keep the lamp a little higher, it's that much brighter than the rest and the bottom line my yields have been the best under this bulb.

I'm not sold on the Sunpulse as a single bulb source and I'm not about to pony up all that cash for a circular fan and 4 to 6 bulbs @ $100 a piece to get the most out of those bulbs either.

S

Steel Erection

Try the Hortilux Super Blue Dual Spectrum. I honestly believe it has increased trichrome production. Was thinkin about trying the Ushio Dual Arcs next round.-SE

G

GrOwRooMGURU

be careful with bulbs i use hortiluxes with 1000 w cropmaster ballasts i've used dual arc and of course mh's and hps i strayed away one time and tried the ushio dual arc STAY AWAY FROM THOSE @ all costs every last one of them blew up on me my local hydro store swapped me out dual arc hortiluxes and i havent had a problem since. Also stay away from horti mhs if u run galaxy switch a watt ballasts i work for a hydro store and we got alot of complaints about them not being compatible and i've seen alot of them come back

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

Ive also heard of Ushuio bulbs dying super fast. An they are high dollar.

I have to "thump " my Eye Hortilux blue or it wont ever fire up.
And the Miniture blue bulb they put in em is a joke IMHO.

cdmspd.jpg
Look at that specturm!
I believe CMH have the best CRI (93), an PAR avialble (64).

BUT THEY WILL NOT RUN ON DIGI BALAST!!
But do they got em that work off magnetic HPS / MH ballasts.
Heres a page with more info http://www.growlightexpress.com/pages/ceramic-metal-halide-pv-c0-2.html

They also run cooler than HPS an standard MH.
Have a universal burn position, and are rated for open fixtures because they are VERY safe (fires scare me)
:banana1sv6:

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

i Just want to comment on this with in update on my digilux bulbs! I have come to the conclusion that they are garbage! Of 18 bulbs between me and my good buddy, we so far have had to replace 7 of them! 2 were being run on galaxy ballasts and the other 5 were blown running on next gen ballasts. I do have 6 that I have had no problems with that are being run on Phantoms but one misfires every so often. I just think it is ironic that CAP makes next gen and digilux and the next gens blew more than any other type of ballast. More and more I have noticed that CAP is making shitty products. They used to be reliable but now I am not so sure. Now I run Horti eyes or Ushios and horti blues in veg.

M

moneyorlove

im using phillips bulbs now im no scientist regarding light spectrum but i've used all the 100$ bulbs and i havent noticed any decrease in my yeild ever since switching to my 40$ phillips

cheers

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

This thread is going to be everywhere. I own digital 1Ks. My pick is CoolDelux from SunMaster for MH and right now Digilux for my HPS. Sunpluse is another pick i would use for digital lighting.

I

ibTheMan

Sunpulse 4k is the best Veg/ 2 weeks bud, then Good Old Horti's HPS, you cant get no better.imo

S

Slickrick

I just finished my first grow with 250w digi ballast and full range of sunpulse bulbs.
Can't tell how good they are as I don't have anything to compare against.

100 6189
100 6192
sedate

sedate

^^^^ Heh man that's pretty 'effin good for a 250. Nice work.

On the bulbs - I might irritate everyone here by saying this, but I have this pet theory that most peepz favorite bulb is the one the last spent money on.

Just a pet theory tho . . . :)

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

Think you should change hydro shops... horti super hps is 130 full retail...???

yeah i agree change shops, the only shop within 3000km's of me wants 170 for 600 eye's,m ridiculous!! Ebay is our Friend!!

S

Slickrick

On the bulbs - I might irritate everyone here by saying this, but I have this pet theory that most peepz favorite bulb is the one the last spent money on.
Well that was my first grow with those bulbs, so we'll see how my next one turns out

sedate

sedate

I've heard that EYE's have a minimum retail price established by the company - shops caught selling under that price won't be getting new shipments in - that sort of thing.

High-end audio companies have policies like this all the time to maintain a certain amount of pricing-prestige . . . Horti's might be a great bulb, but in reality here you are really paying for the brand.

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

Just a pet theory tho . . . :)

lol
So true.
Everyone loves their baby...

I

Indicas4me

I am upgrading my ballast and lights this year,good info guys!See the magnetic ballasts prices went way down since when I bought mine.Plus see alot of problems with digital equipment makes you wonder if its worth it all.

D

desertmedgrower

Has anyone given the badass hps bulbs by AN a try? I picked up a couple on special from a local store. The packaging is cool and they boast their product as better than hortilux

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

I am upgrading my ballast and lights this year,good info guys!See the magnetic ballasts prices went way down since when I bought mine.Plus see alot of problems with digital equipment makes you wonder if its worth it all.

Try a CMH bulb in your old magnetic ballasts befor you blow big $$$.
You'll thank me......

(thanks riddlem3 for sharing the knowledge with me be for I upgraded)

Top Bottom