What are these thin fan leaves? 120+days in veg

• Thread starter Dabward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dabward

Dabward

I started these 2 fems back in August. I had only meant to do 2 autos and 2 fems. I ended up planting 3 more autos . Dumb. Now after a plant hermied,bugs,nutrient problems. I was finaly going to flip to flower. BUT now this. I think they have out grown their pots and im getting salt build ups regularly . Sorry green clothes is Orange sherbert from barney farms
*7gal air pot coco loco
*humbolt nuets master a b Verde calmag RO water. I HAD TRIED giving them humbolt big up last night as I was going to flip to flower today. And I had some deficiency. And now this. And I'm ready to tear the. Out and start the fuck over. I'm really tired of these 2

What are these thin fan leaves 120days in veg
What are these thin fan leaves 120days in veg 2
Frostfire

Frostfire

Those are 2 regular feminized photoperiod (BF, Orange Sherbert) plants if I got you right. Anyhoo, they are predominately Sativa leaning, that's clear, which means they usually do take longer, but 4 months in Veg, why so long?
What kind of bugs, and how did you get rid of them? Why 'tear them out' if you've come this far. Isn't that what you chose at the beginning, why not see them through, are they that much trouble? You might 'thrown them out' and have the same problems on the next run so why not deal with what you've got and see if you can get them through?
They look ok but I don't really know how much trouble you've had, you seem pretty frustrated! Sounds like you need to flush the medium very well, focus on a flower leaning feed and take it from there. I'd flushing the pots out and flip to 12/12 for a week and then 13/11 till finish. Ymmv.

Last edited:
Dabward

Dabward

Those are 2 regular feminized photoperiod (BF, Orange Sherbert) plants if I got you right. Anyhoo, they are predominately Sativa leaning, that's clear, which means they usually do take longer, but 4 months in Veg, why so long?
What kind of bugs, and how did you get rid of them? Why 'tear them out' if you've come this far. Isn't that what you chose at the beginning, why not see them through, are they that much trouble? You might 'thrown them out' and have the same problems on the next run so why not deal with what you've got and see if you can get them through?
They look ok but I don't really know how much trouble you've had, you seem pretty frustrated! Sounds like you need to flush the medium very well, focus on a flower leaning feed and take it from there. I'd flushing the pots out and flip to 12/12 for a week and then 13/11 till finish. Ymmv.
Sooo this is a pic of the the orange sherbert . Which is an indica leaning i thought. Had presented as an indica and the new thin leaves are a new development. Green crack is next to it and having a whole different set of problems. I had started w 2 fems and 2 autos. And had planned to see the autos through and then flip the fems. WELL I had issues w the autos. Thought one was hermy. Planted 3 more. Ended up seeing the autos through before getting to the fems. Just shit on my original plan.
I had gnats and I used sns 209 which takes a minute to start working. But it's basically rosemary. And I put 1/4-1/2 inch of garden sand on top. They are a lot of work. I set up a watering system. As I am putting 8 gallons into Them every 20hrs at this point. . These 2 are filling out a 6x8 space. It just seems like every week I have a new problem .
*plan is to flush today completely. Re set the scrog. A little lower as I only have 32 possible vertical inches left at this point . Until they touch lights. Defoliate. Slowly Reintroduce flowering week 1 nuets. Until EC is satisfied . And then start 12/12 tomorrow. No other choice and no room left. So itll be whatll be. If anyone has a better plan I'm all ears.

20211213 231631
20211209 195919
dreamnfox

dreamnfox

looks over watered, which would explain the gnat problem.

Reactions: PK1
Frostfire

Frostfire

Sooo this is a pic of the the orange sherbert . Which is an indica leaning i thought. Had presented as an indica and the new thin leaves are a new development. Green crack is next to it and having a whole different set of problems. I had started w 2 fems and 2 autos. And had planned to see the autos through and then flip the fems. WELL I had issues w the autos. Thought one was hermy. Planted 3 more. Ended up seeing the autos through before getting to the fems. Just shit on my original plan.
I had gnats and I used sns 209 which takes a minute to start working. But it's basically rosemary. And I put 1/4-1/2 inch of garden sand on top. They are a lot of work. I set up a watering system. As I am putting 8 gallons into Them every 20hrs at this point. . These 2 are filling out a 6x8 space. It just seems like every week I have a new problem .
*plan is to flush today completely. Re set the scrog. A little lower as I only have 32 possible vertical inches left at this point . Until they touch lights. Defoliate. Slowly Reintroduce flowering week 1 nuets. Until EC is satisfied . And then start 12/12 tomorrow. No other choice and no room left. So itll be whatll be. If anyone has a better plan I'm all ears.
I meant 11/13, from the appearance I have the impression they are more Sativa leaning. Your plan seems solid, after all your work I'd keep on keeping on.
If you'd care to describe your auto watering system I'm interested. Thanks!

Dabward

Dabward

looks over watered, which would explain the gnat problem.
Gnats actually migrated here. Someone had gotten evicted. And I took in 9 small to medium plants. Came w gnats. It was a mess. Cleaned house. Donated some plants after nursing them back. As I can't really lift the pots anymore. I just use a hydrofarm wetness meter. And I wait until it gets down to the 3 and I water. If I wait 24 hours to feed they are drooping. So ive been watering every 20 hrs currently. Give or take. An hour

Dabward

Dabward

I meant 11/13, from the appearance I have the impression they are more Sativa leaning. Your plan seems solid, after all your work I'd keep on keeping on.
If you'd care to describe your auto watering system I'm interested. Thanks!
Set up a 14 gal res. With large airstone and a pump. There is a manifold I built on the Inside. Which I can't take pictures of right now as the lights are off. But basically it's 1/2 tube. To a makeshift manifold. 1/2 ball valves. A series of them . To control flow to the watering halos. I have yet to hook it up to my controller. So current I am having to flip the switch evertime I feed. I put those hot water heater drip pans under them and I haveI got a pump to pump out waste. And it has a flat suction peice with a screen in it. That gets almost all the water out while leaving solids behind. That pumps into my house drain stack. Via the bathroom sink drain which are both just outside this garage. And I put those 3/4 inch drain lines on the drip pans. Incase I am doing a flush and I need to be removing a lot of water. I just hook up the shop vac to those .

Dabward

Dabward

Set up a 14 gal res. With large airstone and a pump. There is a manifold I built on the Inside. Which I can't take pictures of right now as the lights are off. But basically it's 1/2 tube. To a makeshift manifold. 1/2 ball valves. A series of them . To control flow to the watering halos. I have yet to hook it up to my controller. So current I am having to flip the switch evertime I feed. I put those hot water heater drip pans under them and I haveI got a pump to pump out waste. And it has a flat suction peice with a screen in it. That gets almost all the water out while leaving solids behind. That pumps into my house drain stack. Via the bathroom sink drain which are both just outside this garage. And I put those 3/4 inch drain lines on the drip pans. Incase I am doing a flush and I need to be removing a lot of water. I just hook up the shop vac to those .
And there's a line there on the outside incase I want to flush out and clean the res and pump

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

I thought coco loco was treated like soil, it seems like you are watering like its just coco. As a soil grower those look very overwatered.

Dabward

Dabward

I thought coco loco was treated like soil, it seems like you are watering like its just coco. As a soil grower those look very overwatered.
They have been in these pots for almost 2 month now. I'm watering so frequently because they dry out that fast. Leaves are deflated and drooping by 24 hrs. If I wait 30 hrs. It takes them a while to recover from the underwatering. Which is why I set up the Res. Reading 3 or lower on the moisture meter. By 20 hrs. It is a mix of cocoloco and promix at 3 to 1 coco to promix. Ive grown in soil but not much and almost always used live soil. Mostly hydro and dwc.. experienc3 And .I just don't Flippin know.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
What do your roots look like? I've had mother plants in promix get kinda funky looking if they got too big and i didn't prune the roots.

Frostfire

Frostfire

IME when plants are younger they don't like water every day, even if in coco, for larger plants growing by leaps and bounds, some of them do need it and/or like it, some of this depends on ENVIRONMENT.
As far as coco loco I'm not familiar with it but if it does have soil in it, I would think it's not good to water every day as this plant prefers a distinct wet/dry cycle. It doesn't hurt to allow your plants to fade/droop a bit before watering again. It will definitely make for a larger/healthier root system and will not at all hurt the plants. Ymmv.

Dabward

Dabward

What do your roots look like? I've had mother plants in promix get kinda funky looking if they got too big and i didn't prune the roots.
Well the 1 is in air pot with the holes so they prune..thats a good question ytho and easily enough answered with the 2 thumb screws on the sides.. the other one is in a damn fabric pot. Don't ask..

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Looks like pH issues tagged along with improper watering cycle. The plants are headed for major lock out. Don’t listen to these guys, coco loco is coco. If you let it dry out you’ll experience ph spikes in your media. Needs to Stay 90% saturated at all times. I’ve ran it multiple times and it needs to be watered like coco. At this point you should be watering multiple times a day. Have you check the runoff EC? Runoff pH?

Dabward

Dabward

They have been in these pots for almost 2 month now. I'm watering so frequently because they dry out that fast. Leaves are deflated and drooping by 24 hrs. If I wait 30 hrs. It takes them a while to recover from the underwatering. Which is why I set up the Res. Reading 3 or lower on the moisture meter. By 20 hrs. It is a mix of cocoloco and promix at 3 to 1 coco to promix. Ive grown in soil but not much and almost always used live soil. Mostly hydro and dwc.. experienc3 And .I just don't Flippin know.
That 24th hr....bone dry . figured I'd let them dry out good and proper before the flush ...

20211217 115010
Dabward

Dabward

Looks like pH issues tagged along with improper watering cycle. The plants are headed for major lock out. Don’t listen to these guys, coco loco is coco. If you let it dry out you’ll experience ph spikes in your media. Needs to Stay 90% saturated at all times. I’ve ran it multiple times and it needs to be watered like coco. At this point you should be watering multiple times a day. Have you check the runoff EC? Runoff pH?
Never intended to keep them this long. Just been a series of time management fuckuo . Yeah this is the only advice that has made any sense so far. I do monitor my ph ec and ppm. Started about a month ago when I set up the res. And this last week is fuckin killing me . Which is why I'm reaching out. I'm flushing now with just tap at 6.2ph. Tap thats been in the res for 24 hrs w h2o2 . Then I'll introduce the first weeks dose of flowering nuets at half strength in ro water w calmag . and see what the ec looks like. As long as I'm not getting more ec back in run off then I am putting in. That means the plant is uptaking the nutrients. If I understand EC correctly. If I don't please correct me.

Dabward

Dabward

Never intended to keep them this long. Just been a series of time management fuckuo . Yeah this is the only advice that has made any sense so far. I do monitor my ph ec and ppm. Started about a month ago when I set up the res. And this last week is fuckin killing me . Which is why I'm reaching out. I'm flushing now with just tap at 6.2ph. Tap thats been in the res for 24 hrs w h2o2 . Then I'll introduce the first weeks dose of flowering nuets at half strength in ro water w calmag . and see what the ec looks like. As long as I'm not getting more ec back in run off then I am putting in. That means the plant is uptaking the nutrients. If I understand EC correctly. If I don't please correct me.
Its my understanding Regardless of what the dosing schedule says. I'm to stopping re introducing nutrients when the Runoff EC is just shy of what went in. Not more as that indicates over feeding. And then the next feed. Just water. When i put just water in of course the ec will be higher because of whats in the soil. But then the next feed same thing dont let the run off be higher than what goes in. Slowly raising the bar. Going to try 12 hr intervals. Feed water feed water. Monitoring ec. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GOD CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Give me a couple hours. I’ll get back to you, currently working.

Top Bottom