peace

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Good afternoon guys and gals
"Please leave me alone today.
Somber weather, a weakened vigor,
this pensive ambiance weighs my heart.

Life, as you'll see,
has a tendency to fool most all, but not me.
So I ask as another did in his soliloquy,
"to be or not to be?"

An irreconcilable dichotomy
permeates everything that we do:
our bodies and symbolic reasoning.

The bridge that connects the two
breaks down when we
rationalize who we love, why we hope,
why we cry when it' s time to die;
and this all troubles me.

Whereof one cannot speak
thereof one must be silent.
It is not without a fine stroke of irony
that words are all we have.
So I'm left with nothing to to say to you.
In the depths of our reason there lies darkness in pure form.
Turn away.

Leave me here to wallow in my own
solipsistic, dark, and melancholy world.
The strange winds of philosophy
will lead me where they will."

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
One of the very best recording of the 70s
David was in deep with his drug use, lost everything.
All these friends got together in studio to help him out
He hit bottom a few years later, then saw the light, and has survived to this day..

Side One
"Music Is Love" (David Crosby, Graham Nash, Neil Young) -- 0:00 Crosby - guitar, vocal; Nash - guitar, vocal; Young - guitar, bass, vibraphone, congas, vocal "Cowboy Movie" -- 3:22 Crosby - electric guitar, vocal; Jerry Garcia - electric guitar; Phil Lesh - bass; Mickey Hart - drums; Bill Kreutzmann - tambourine "Tamalpais High (At About 3)" -- 11:32 Crosby - electric guitar, vocals; Nash - vocals; Jorma Kaukonen - electric guitar; Garcia - electric guitar; Lesh - bass; Kreutzmann - drums "Laughing" -- 15:05 Crosby - guitars, vocal; Garcia - pedal steel guitar; Lesh - bass; Kreutzmann - drums; Nash, Joni Mitchell - vocals

Side Two "What Are Their Names" (Crosby, Garcia, Lesh, Michael Shrieve, Young) -- 20:29 Crosby - electric guitar, vocal; Young - electric guitar, vocal; Garcia - electric guitar, vocal; Lesh - bass, vocal; Shrieve - drums; Nash, Mitchell, David Freiberg, Paul Kantner, Grace Slick - vocals "Traction in the Rain" -- 24:42 Crosby - guitar, vocal; Nash - vocal; Laura Allan - autoharp, vocal "Song With No Words (Tree With No Leaves)" -- 28:29 Crosby - electric guitar, vocals; Nash - vocals; Gregg Rolie -- piano; Garcia - electric guitar; Kaukonen - electric guitar; Jack Casady -- bass; Shrieve -- drums "Orleans" (traditional) -- 34:27 Crosby - guitars, vocals "I'd Swear There Was Somebody Here" -- 36:26 Crosby - vocals

Personnel David Crosby -- guitars, vocals Laura Allan - autoharp, vocal Jack Casady - bass David Freiberg - vocal Jerry Garcia -- guitars, pedal steel guitar, vocal Mickey Hart -- drums Paul Kantner - vocal Jorma Kaukonen - guitar Bill Kreutzmann -- drums, tambourine Phil Lesh -- bass, vocal Joni Mitchell - vocals Graham Nash -- guitar, vocals Gregg Rolie - piano Michael Shrieve - drums Grace Slick - vocal Neil Young -- guitars, bass, vibraphone, congas, vocals

Production Stephen Barncard, engineer, digital remastering producer Ellen Burke, assistant engineer Gary Burden, art direction Henry Diltz, photography Elliot Roberts & Ronald Stone, management David Geffen, direction Bill Dooley, CD digital mastering engineer

All lyrics and music are the intellectual property of those listed. If you enjoy the music, please honor the rights of the owners to receive compensation for their gifts and effort - purchase their work.

Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use

Please feel free to use this as a teaching, history or research tool, or for social commentary.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Willie burke sherwood by killer mike. It's just my jam and "speaks to my experience" as music critics would say.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Dancing around wearing a box on my head being the robot from the Beastie Boys - Intergalactic video. Kid is being "the power line guys." Just got done listening to the song six times in a row.

Swank mashup remix with Daft Punk and Pharrell that was the culmination of my dance party:

xavier7995

xavier7995

LIVE STREAM OF OREGON MILITIA!!!!!

edit: I got no clue whats going on here...

edit 2: HAHAHAHAHAHA what a bunch o knuckleheads, it is amazing they haven't all died in some crazy darwin award worthy scenario. Send more snacks!!!!!!Doritos...zesty mostly.

edit 3: ....and some funyons...and a couple of 2 liters of RC...

WE DEMAND YOU LET US GO!!!!!MEET OUR DEMANDS!!!!!!what a bunch o crazy delusional people.

Last edited:
Top Bottom