What Are You Pulling...... Grams Per Watt Please?

• Thread starter Desertdweler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What Type of Light do you use for Flowering?

• HPS

Votes: 77 27.3%
  • MH

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • LEC

Votes: 14 5.0%
  • LED

Votes: 202 71.6%
  • Flourescent

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Incandescent

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.1%

• Total voters
willywonka

willywonka

I realise this is a controversial discussion but not so simple to answer as grams per watt does not factor in how many weeks veg. I just completed a 5/9 week cycle and harvested 2 grams per watt of high quality dried bud. Personally, I feel if I the girls were more evenly spread it should be easy to double and possible to triple that result. The my girls were 6 foot tall at harvest and took 14 weeks to finish after seeds were germinated. I had 3 X 650watt led lights _ 1950 watts and harvested 3.9 kg I used Canna aqua in clay and a little PK

thatguy2001

thatguy2001

My last runs. 4 plants per light. Organic living soil, 30 gallon pots. All wattages are true. Weights are dry, trimmed, A and B buds. I don't weigh smalls.
EnLite 780 = 0.92gpw
EnLite 780 = 0.89gpw
Growers Choice e680 = 1.1gpw
Growers Choice e720 = 0.98gpw

IMG 20220117 224830218
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
My last runs. 4 plants per light. Organic living soil, 30 gallon pots. All wattages are true. Weights are dry, trimmed, A and B buds. I don't weigh smalls.
EnLite 780 = 0.92gpw
EnLite 780 = 0.89gpw
Growers Choice e680 = 1.1gpw
Growers Choice e720 = 0.98gpw
And here we catch a rare glimpse of a cannabis gardener sharing accurate, honest yields..

growsince79

growsince79

With a good heavy strain, I can get 8oz in a 2 x 2 with 150w; that's 1.5gpw. I think with the right clone, it might be possible to do with 100w (2.25gpw).

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
With a good heavy strain, I can get 8oz in a 2 x 2 with 150w; that's 1.5gpw. I think with the right clone, it might be possible to do with 100w (2.25gpw).
Yeah I average around 1 gpw with HID but some strains yield more. And with the LED its looking like I could be closer to 1.5-2gpw but that's in hydroponics. If I added Co2 im sure it could be even higher.
But the overcrowded conditions you'd need to yield much over 1.5 per watt just makes me uncomfortable from an IPM standpoint. Unless we're talking Co2 and heavier individual bud weight.

growsince79

growsince79

Yeah I average around 1 gpw with HID but some strains yield more. And with the LED its looking like I could be closer to 1.5-2gpw but that's in hydroponics. If I added Co2 im sure it could be even higher.
But the overcrowded conditions you'd need to yield much over 1.5 per watt just makes me uncomfortable from an IPM standpoint. Unless we're talking Co2 and heavier individual bud weight.
What I'm thinking is it would be the same 1/2lb in the same 2 x 2- just less light. Need to pick a high yielding clone that does well in low light. I'm not gonna try...lol

Bobrown14

Bobrown14

Dont forget the time part of the equation.

I grow perpetual so I always have flowers going.

Always growing top shelf gear no middies like blue dream average between .8 and 1.0 gpw

As we always say.... quality before quantity. Yeah its like several jars are always full so it don't really make any diff to me.

I'm in no-till living soil nothing but water.. maybe occasional fish goop a few times in flower.

growsince79

growsince79

Dont forget the time part of the equation.

I grow perpetual so I always have flowers going.

Always growing top shelf gear no middies like blue dream average between .8 and 1.0 gpw

As we always say.... quality before quantity. Yeah its like several jars are always full so it don't really make any diff to me.

I'm in no-till living soil nothing but water.. maybe occasional fish goop a few times in flower.
Agree, idk why anyone even cares about gpw. I'd rather use more light and get less gpw but no b buds and larf.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Agree, idk why anyone even cares about gpw. I'd rather use more light and get less gpw but no b buds and larf.
Anymore, I don't even bother to weigh it. I get 4-6 oz per plant usually, but I'm more concerned about ease of gardening than I am about yield. Many people put 2x the number of plants in the same size tents I use.

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
Growing indoor is a completely different skillset and I never gave it the attention it needs. I've been growing outdoor off and on for 40+ years and can kick ass growing nice tight nugs with little effort. I have a great soil mix and know the strains that work best for me. I tried Blumats indoor and that was good until the finish, then it stumbled.

I have two indoor setups now and looking for what works best. DWC and Flood & Drain. I'm almost convinced to try Fallponics on a third tent. Everyone is telling me to do it manually, but I'm too busy. I'm willing to spend cash to get the best automated system for the best results. I just don't know what that system would look like.

growsince79

growsince79

Growing indoor is a completely different skillset and I never gave it the attention it needs. I've been growing outdoor off and on for 40+ years and can kick ass growing nice tight nugs with little effort. I have a great soil mix and know the strains that work best for me. I tried Blumats indoor and that was good until the finish, then it stumbled.

I have two indoor setups now and looking for what works best. DWC and Flood & Drain. I'm almost convinced to try Fallponics on a third tent. Everyone is telling me to do it manually, but I'm too busy. I'm willing to spend cash to get the best automated system for the best results. I just don't know what that system would look like.
Flood n drain with a big res. Even that's a pain in the ass. Promix in a 3 or 5 gal easy..

tobh

tobh

Supporter

look at @Dirtbag's latest run. I've ran recirculating indoors, which was fine, but rockwool is bar far the easiest and most effective I've ran yet, 100% inspired by Dirtbag.

I'm rimming the last half of my last half harvest so I'm not quite to the point of saying total gpw for this run, but for about four months of overall real growth, it's by far my best run yet in my current setup, and definitely going to raise the bar for my personal best yet.

If I go off what I have trimmed so far, i'm at 0.93 gpw. 720w true watts LED in a 4x4. I won't be surprised if I hit 1 gpw with what remains to be trimmed, likely will be 1.2-1.3 gpw. system is mostly automated though I run DTW, and Dirtbag runs recirculating. would love to run recirculating but it requires additional equipment i just don't have room for.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I'm a nookie and have only ran autoflowers both times that I did seed to harvest between 63 days and 87 days (3 gelato and 3 Bruce banner), Bruce Banners took longer. I'm running Mars Hydro TSL2000 in a 4x2 and on both grows averaged right over 2 ounces of bud per plant and my plantsbwere all kept under 20 inches total with LST,HST AND SCROG. So I have no bragging rights but to get 12bounces of good quality bud, I lost count on my trim weight with all the butter and oil I made.
I would be interested to update this in a few months as I just started with 3 Durban Poison Fem seeds 5 days ago. I pray to one day be able to grow like some of you bad asses in here. I may not have much weight but quality and density came out on both grows so I atleast did something right. I'm new to this light and still learning to play with its height and intensity percentage to find my sweet spot. I'm glad to see this post to answer a question I've always wondered.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I'm a nookie and have only ran autoflowers both times that I did seed to harvest between 63 days and 87 days (3 gelato and 3 Bruce banner), Bruce Banners took longer. I'm running Mars Hydro TSL2000 in a 4x2 and on both grows averaged right over 2 ounces of bud per plant and my plantsbwere all kept under 20 inches total with LST,HST AND SCROG. So I have no bragging rights but to get 12bounces of good quality bud, I lost count on my trim weight with all the butter and oil I made.
I would be interested to update this in a few months as I just started with 3 Durban Poison Fem seeds 5 days ago. I pray to one day be able to grow like some of you bad asses in here. I may not have much weight but quality and density came out on both grows so I atleast did something right. I'm new to this light and still learning to play with its height and intensity percentage to find my sweet spot. I'm glad to see this post to answer a question I've always wondered.
Pictures below were my smallest plants I harvested early do some possible issues with mold. But still worked out and is curing nicely

20220123 235302 capture
20220123 235302
20220128 195913
20220128 195840
GridArt 20220122 162437360
GridArt 20220127 235232209
tobh

tobh

Supporter
look at @Dirtbag's latest run. I've ran recirculating indoors, which was fine, but rockwool is bar far the easiest and most effective I've ran yet, 100% inspired by Dirtbag.

I'm rimming the last half of my last half harvest so I'm not quite to the point of saying total gpw for this run, but for about four months of overall real growth, it's by far my best run yet in my current setup, and definitely going to raise the bar for my personal best yet.

If I go off what I have trimmed so far, i'm at 0.93 gpw. 720w true watts LED in a 4x4. I won't be surprised if I hit 1 gpw with what remains to be trimmed, likely will be 1.2-1.3 gpw. system is mostly automated though I run DTW, and Dirtbag runs recirculating. would love to run recirculating but it requires additional equipment i just don't have room for.
fuckered that all up. but y'all can understand wtf i meant. typing around a trim bin with sticky fingers is a motherfucker. gonna have to wash my desk with rubbing alcohol after i'm done with all this shit.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

fuckered that all up. but y'all can understand wtf i meant. typing around a trim bin with sticky fingers is a motherfucker. gonna have to wash my desk with rubbing alcohol after i'm done with all this shit.
Lucky. I've got 2 plants drying right now that I'm anxiously waiting to trim but am trying a much longer slow dry this time with a little more humidity and its looking like it may pay off. I am NOT a patient person lol so it's killing me. Enjoy all that yummy resin goodness lol

Top Bottom