What Are You Pulling...... Grams Per Watt Please?

• Thread starter Desertdweler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What Type of Light do you use for Flowering?

• HPS

Votes: 77 27.3%
  • MH

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • LEC

Votes: 14 5.0%
  • LED

Votes: 202 71.6%
  • Flourescent

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Incandescent

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.1%

• Total voters
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Lucky. I've got 2 plants drying right now that I'm anxiously waiting to trim but am trying a much longer slow dry this time with a little more humidity and its looking like it may pay off. I am NOT a patient person lol so it's killing me. Enjoy all that yummy resin goodness lol
i wouldn't call it luck. years of experience growing, a somewhat dialed environment, and the right space. hand trimming this amount is not fun. frankly, it's a pain in the ass. i don't even use the shit that gets on my fingers, i wash it into the cup my scissors sit in when they get too sticky to be usable. there's nothing glorious about this stage of growing. it outright sucks.

that being said, try to hit the rule of thumb of 60/60. 60F/60%. 10-14 days at that will yield perfectly dried product ready for jars.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

i wouldn't call it luck. years of experience growing, a somewhat dialed environment, and the right space. hand trimming this amount is not fun. frankly, it's a pain in the ass. i don't even use the shit that gets on my fingers, i wash it into the cup my scissors sit in when they get too sticky to be usable. there's nothing glorious about this stage of growing. it outright sucks.

that being said, try to hit the rule of thumb of 60/60. 60F/60%. 10-14 days at that will yield perfectly dried product ready for jars.
Thank you and I meant no disrespect by saying "lucky". I just picked up this no found passion of growing,though been a landscaper for over 20 years, it seems that I love to overcomplicate everything and or try and overdo things with good intentions. I know I should probably stay focused on one thing at a time but damn, those plants are what my wife calls "my babies" and everyday I'm doing something. My grow tent is literally right next to my bed to where I can just roll over and unzip it just to look and smell as I want to lol.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Thank you and I meant no disrespect by saying "lucky". I just picked up this no found passion of growing,though been a landscaper for over 20 years, it seems that I love to overcomplicate everything and or try and overdo things with good intentions. I know I should probably stay focused on one thing at a time but damn, those plants are what my wife calls "my babies" and everyday I'm doing something. My grow tent is literally right next to my bed to where I can just roll over and unzip it just to look and smell as I want to lol.
no disrespect taken :) growing is more therapeutic than smoking man. a lot of that landscaping knowledge will carry over too. one of the key things, as you know when you plant a new bush or tree, is time heals most things. in this hobby, time makes for much better product, so get that patience on lock. it'll be easier when you have a rack of jars full and the honeymoon phase wears off, i promise lol

Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

I am curious as to what people are pulling off their lights. How many grams do you harvest for how many watts of light used. Obviously lots of factors make things different. Feel free to list any details about your findings. Kind of Light is key to understanding ratio. All answers will interest someone.
I pulled 450 grams last grow in my 3x3 tent with a ES300 running at 70% so that's approximately 270 watt's

Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

I've got a 3x3 at the end of my bed and a 2x2 next to my bed

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

Ounce per square foot is more realistic.

Not saying you can't get 2 grams per watt, because you can.

C

Christos1974

I've only ever seen a few people claim 2g per watt that I actually believed
I'm currently a little over 3 weeks of veg and I'm running an HLG 350R 330watt LED, I'll be sure to follow up with you after harvest which is quite some time from now, but I'm curious as well.

growsince79

growsince79

That was true 50 years ago when florescent was the best light and loose bud was the norm. With today's average buds grown under led, 1oz/sqft means you had lots of problems or you wasn't trying for yield.

Bobrown14

Bobrown14

fuckered that all up. but y'all can understand wtf i meant. typing around a trim bin with sticky fingers is a motherfucker. gonna have to wash my desk with rubbing alcohol after i'm done with all this shit.
welcome to trim jail bra.. lol I ruined a perfectly good brand new dry flower vaporizer holding the button down with hashy hand. Resin go into the on/off button = gone.

Bobrown14

Bobrown14

Pretty much how it works for me no matter what. Sometimes I get a bigger plant but thats a fuck-ton of work.
I'm part of the leave it alone grow school.

Dont even like watering that much so automated/lights on/ lights off.... inspect for pests.

Most of my work is at the trim table by a long shot too.

No-till organic water only. 1 zip per sq/ft pretty much all day every day and been like that for many years.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

So a question.. I'm still so new to this and trying to figure outvhow to use my Mars hydro TSL2000 properly (300 true watts) in a 4x2. Granted I've only done autoflowers the past to grows and all were seed to harvest in less then 90 days, I realized my math was off on a previous statement I made. I averaged 44 grams per plant with six plants and I lost track of my trim amount because I've made 5 butter sticks. I'm ok hearing that 44 grams for an auto under 300 watts sucks. I have 3 Durban Poison I just started 6 days ago that will be my first photo plants and with this thread I'm wondering if I need to step up my lights. I did have problems keeping Temps down for 2 weeks during flowering but when I got it controlled things perked up. So I'm wondering if since they were autos and don't have much time to recover, if my heat wave cause for a loss of weight. I like honest criticism so if someone says 44 grams on an auto is pathetic, I'll accept that and take any and all advice even if it means changing lights

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
The size of your plant is, for the most part, a function of pot size. I've had tiny autos indoor in small pots, and huge outdoor autos in the ground. It's pretty much the same with photos. However, you can grow a large photo in a small pot but that's a lot of work in that you have to water/feed multiple times a day. but that makes sense when you think about it.

As for lighting, that's a harder question. I suggest you look at Dr Bruce Bugbee's videos. There are lots' but start with these. This is a little bit of a deep dive, but I promise you, it's worth it..
(44 minutes)
(8 minutes)
https://www.youtube.com/c/Apogeeinstrumentsincorporated/videos (channel)

Treecutter

Treecutter

Never did a combined average. Summer months I know I get around 1 grm per watt on most grows. I can get a little more supplementing co2 and more light but I'm often to busy to focus on the grows and its constant recovery on the screw ups when I get behind.

Winter months I get less. If there was more time in the day or I was younger, I could do better. But what the hell, as long as I'm happy with the results of the autocontrol , not much more to worry about.

It grows, it flowers, everyone is happy and high I share it with. Great subject post.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Im at 1.67 with Led's and CO2 in Soil ☮️ but im convinced that if i spread much more the diodes i could flower the double of the surface with the same wattage hence doublin the yields....
Pretty soon ill rebuild the room on two tier andmake it happen !!

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

Such a useless measure in a semi perpetual grow I never measured. I'm getting to the point where I won't even weigh my yield because it doesn't matter I'm going to smoke it all myself anyway

That's pretty much me... I am running a perpetual at the moment.

Normally, though, I grow one big ass plant, and keep one in Veg. Every 60 days I harvest about 15 ounces. Sometimes it's only 10.. Either way, the goal being to get me and my wife through that 60 day period until the next plant.

I don't strip, I leave all leaves on the plant for the most part until it gets so dense that I can't see through it, then I will start pulling branches out of the middle, down and out away from the plant, leaving them still on the plant to get bigger.

In my little world, every little bit counts and the strain I grow I make sure that every little bit gets you high as fuck.

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

That was true 50 years ago when florescent was the best light and loose bud was the norm. With today's average buds grown under led, 1oz/sqft means you had lots of problems or you wasn't trying for yield.

If you say so....

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

Last run was 4 plants each under a1000 hps, no co2.
8lbs + or 3667 gms
.91 gpw

Wet.....

1000w light covers a 5 x 5 foot space.... and still leaves you wishing you had more light.

If I harvest my DWC buckets and leave the roots on, I could get 45 lbs probably.

And your math is terrible....

.91 gpw does not equal 3667 grams ..... You post makes no sense.

.91 GPW would be under 1000g,

.91 isn't a full gram... so it would be impossible to claim you have 3667 grams per watt.

Your harvest would come in near a 10th of a gram short on every gram. Leaving it under 1000 grams. Leaving you about 100 grams shy of a 1000g., Or about a 1/4 lb short.

Last edited:
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Why you guys says its useless?
We, as growers, transform Kilowatt in Buds.....so i think its important to track down how much you are spending to produce your meds, not because of the selling but to understand how efficient you are, and if you are dooing good or need improvements, otherwise how can you get better at it?
There are some peeps, (ignorants) that judge the grower from the final product......to me that doesent tell absolutely shit about the growers skills, could be luck....good genetics...bad judges....etc....but with the kilowatt you use , than yes you can tell if its a good grower or not.....
Another goodpoint its calculate how much you spent settin the growroom up......as a hint....stay away from growshops and go straight to the hardware store and nurseries...

Latest posts

Top Bottom