What Are You Pulling...... Grams Per Watt Please?

• Thread starter Desertdweler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What Type of Light do you use for Flowering?

• HPS

Votes: 77 27.3%
  • MH

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • LEC

Votes: 14 5.0%
  • LED

Votes: 202 71.6%
  • Flourescent

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Incandescent

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.1%

• Total voters
Bobrown14

Bobrown14

I take my numbers after a 5 day dry. I usually trim after the dry weigh it and throw it in jars. And I agree this was a freak run for me. I usually average 12-20 In that amount of space. I completely built this room from the ground up and made some major upgrades from what I was used to using, so had to get used to the changes. It was definitely a challenge because I changed amount of hvac, amount of light, and added reflectivity. So the 2 grows beforehand in that space were pretty much my average honestly it was that one pheno that I feel carried most of the weight. I had problems in veg with the one pheno practically touching the light. Here's a picture of the canopy one month into flower

Looks good brother. Yea dialing in a new space is a challenge. We just moved 15 months ago to a new home. Figured it'd be a piece of cake with lots more grow space.

The previous owner I think grew in that same space. I got every cannabis pest known to man.ffs

hemp mites
hemp aphids (the worst)
spider mites
leaf hoppers
PM
Bud rot...

How do you get all that in a year?? Shits were coming out of the wood work.
Finally have it going decent enough I can ramp up now.

Lernt a ship ton about pests I've never had before tho. The hemp aphids were the toughest.
Hemp mites the plants HATE them and they kill yields but not that tough to get rid of.

PM and Hemp Aphids are tough on my positivity. lol

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I usually get about .5gpw/month if I'm going for yield.
I'll take whatever as long as its the best quality I can grow.
4000 wt hps 4 plants 7 1/4 lbs
20210102 101159

Whiskydrunk420

Whiskydrunk420

I am curious as to what people are pulling off their lights. How many grams do you harvest for how many watts of light used. Obviously lots of factors make things different. Feel free to list any details about your findings. Kind of Light is key to understanding ratio. All answers will interest someone.
[/QUOT
I run es300 led by green sunshine company . Last harvest was 386 grams . Not bad for a 300 watt led . Although I could really give a shit less about how much I harvest , it's more about trichomes to me and not the weight.

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

Looks good brother. Yea dialing in a new space is a challenge. We just moved 15 months ago to a new home. Figured it'd be a piece of cake with lots more grow space.

The previous owner I think grew in that same space. I got every cannabis pest known to man.ffs

hemp mites
hemp aphids (the worst)
spider mites
leaf hoppers
PM
Bud rot...

How do you get all that in a year?? Shits were coming out of the wood work.
Finally have it going decent enough I can ramp up now.

Lernt a ship ton about pests I've never had before tho. The hemp aphids were the toughest.
Hemp mites the plants HATE them and they kill yields but not that tough to get rid of.

PM and Hemp Aphids are tough on my positivity. lol

Yeah man before I built this room pests were a BIG problem for me. Neem and azamax is what I ended up using the majority of the time. Shit I still get bugs every now and then. I'm starting to be preventative

Bobrown14

Bobrown14

"4000 wt hps 4 plants 7 1/4 lbs".............

VS. 6 1/2 lbs under 1290 watts of LED...........
I run organic soil dont even come close to that @ 1800w led. Maybe 3.5 #s 8 plants a run. Usually in 45-50 day cycles.

Outside different story. Those same 8 plants from clone do 10-12#s depends on container size for outdoor.

48" veg plant smh.... how long did you veg 5 months. Veg time counts ....

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

My last run under 4-315’s 1.27g/watt and I left a lot on the table being it was my 1st soil grow and ran into deficiencies in flower. Will revisit this post after this run is completed.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Veg time, guessing 10 weeks. Here they are on Sept 2 they were flipped to flower almost 6 weeks later
20200902 101613

Oct 13 flipped to flower
20201013 110855

Ps these were clones from the mother that ran before

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have to wonder how dry the weed was for most of the claims here? Dry weight is 25% or less of wet weight. And no trim or small loose buds or larf should be included. Got to have a base line for comparison.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I have to wonder how dry the weed was for most of the claims here? Dry weight is 25% or less of wet weight. And no trim or small loose buds or larf should be included. Got to have a base line for comparison.
62% i call dry. Some may have been at 68 but not much

Wet weight was over 30 lbs and takes 4 to 5 hrs to trim in a trim bowl

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

62% i call dry. Some may have been at 68 but not much

Wet weight was over 30 lbs and takes 4 to 5 hrs to trim in a trim bowl

you mean the jar it’s in is 62% rh?

That’s not dry. And it’s not a way of telling. Dry weight has always been 25% of wet weight. Even in the oldest grow books they say this.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Dry enough to package it up so it doesn’t mold and still smoke wonderfully.

that keeps some water weight I bet. Dry is dry. It’s not “close enough”.

I bet if you dried and jar cured a couple weeks to be sure like me your weights would go down. Maybe substantially.

Top Bottom