What Are You Pulling...... Grams Per Watt Please?

• Thread starter Desertdweler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What Type of Light do you use for Flowering?

• HPS

Votes: 77 27.3%
  • MH

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • LEC

Votes: 14 5.0%
  • LED

Votes: 202 71.6%
  • Flourescent

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Incandescent

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.1%

• Total voters
Anthem

Anthem

That's awesome. How many days is what matters to me. Electric for my setup is cheap.
I try my best to stay at 63 days from switch lights to 12/12. I might run a day or two over that but 63 days is my hard and fast rule. I tried that GMO stuff and it just flat out takes way too long to finish and it was just OK.

growsince79

growsince79

I try my best to stay at 63 days from switch lights to 12/12. I might run a day or two over that but 63 days is my hard and fast rule. I tried that GMO stuff and it just flat out takes way too long to finish and it was just OK.
I could only do one maybe two in my 2x4 if I vegged 60 days. 3-4 plants fill the space in 30 day veg.

Anthem

Anthem

I could only do one maybe two in my 2x4 if I vegged 60 days. 3-4 plants fill the space in 30 day veg.
I had a lot of problems last year and I have switched up just about every aspect of my grows. I am just starting to get a handle on Hydro. I went from soil to Coco to Hydro. Hydro because it made more sense than setting up an auto watering system for my purposes. I am running flood and drain for veg. I think I have the times about down. Cuts take about 10 days to root, veg for about 3 weeks if I go past 3 weeks on the veg the roots seem to want to grow together.
Sometimes I wish I would have just stuck to soil but than you see the grow in hydro and it makes you realize there are advantages.

TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

I will add my two cents I guess, just finished a DWC under a ts600 marz hydro. Pulled 1.8oz wet weight don’t know the the dry weight yet gotta wait.

KingHale

KingHale

I’ve heard a lot about gram per watt ... and I’m no expert, but even my 2000 watt light produces different levels of light at different heights. PAR. until/m/s2, PPFD.
I ran my first batch @ pax 1200 PPFD.
I ran my second batch @ 2000 PPFD.
Same genetics, same results.
someone told me that the plant can only utilize so much photosynthetic activity, and that number is primarily determined by its access to CO2. I believe them at person. I don’t understand the details, but I’d forget about that 2 gram per watt metric. Somebody sold you a bad bill of goods on that one, it was just a sales tactic to get you to buy more watts.IN MY OPINION.

KingHale

KingHale

Basically, you can’t force a plant to do more work with wattage. You CAN create an environment in which plants will grow to their maximum potential. Wattage may be a determining factor in that equation but I’m certain it’s not the only variable to be considered.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

If I don’t pull a gram per watt I won’t continue the strains. Lol
But usually a gram per watt.

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

After a couple grows to get used to the lm301b strip light that I got I once pulled 29oz out of a 4x4 the light was a 800w strip light dimmed to 50% no co2 enrichment. Since I was dimmed to 50% I did my math at 400w and came up with 2.03gpw

Bobrown14

Bobrown14

After a couple grows to get used to the lm301b strip light that I got I once pulled 29oz out of a 4x4 the light was a 800w strip light dimmed to 50% no co2 enrichment. Since I was dimmed to 50% I did my math at 400w and came up with 2.03gpw

You gotta figure time along with watts and biomass. I could grow a plant for a year and yield a bunch but probably could also grow 4 plants/4 harvests a year in the same environment and over time yield a lot more.

The plant I grow for a year - VEG for 9 months until its a giant then flower still wont outperform 4 harvests in the same time frame specially if I was cloning. Prolly cound get 5 rounds in that year time.

WIthout a time frame yields are meaningless really.

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

You gotta figure time along with watts and biomass. I could grow a plant for a year and yield a bunch but probably could also grow 4 plants/4 harvests a year in the same environment and over time yield a lot more.

The plant I grow for a year - VEG for 9 months until its a giant then flower still wont outperform 4 harvests in the same time frame specially if I was cloning. Prolly cound get 5 rounds in that year time.

WIthout a time frame yields are meaningless really.

I do a 2 month perpetual setup so it's generally 2-2.5 month veg max. It was 2 plants in 10 gal containers. They were 2 different phenos that I selected from a selection run I did the grow beforehand. One of them ended up being a monster and gave 19 from 2x4 of the full 4x4 canopy the other gave me 10. It was an 8 week flower period with genetics that I crossbred myself. Generally I'll take clones then let the plants recover then flip, and veg the clones right behind. Flower for 8 weeks, shuffle the clones into the flower room and veg for a weekish to get the structure set up to bloom. Then repeat.

Bobrown14

Bobrown14

I do a 2 month perpetual setup so it's generally 2-2.5 month veg max. It was 2 plants in 10 gal containers. They were 2 different phenos that I selected from a selection run I did the grow beforehand. One of them ended up being a monster and gave 19 from 2x4 of the full 4x4 canopy the other gave me 10. It was an 8 week flower period with genetics that I crossbred myself. Generally I'll take clones then let the plants recover then flip, and veg the clones right behind. Flower for 8 weeks, shuffle the clones into the flower room and veg for a weekish to get the structure set up to bloom. Then repeat.

Pretty much how I run... I take cuts then right into flower. I take lowers for cuts tho. No need for recovery.

Your weights seem high for that size room. Is that wet weight or dry weight?

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

Pretty much how I run... I take cuts then right into flower. I take lowers for cuts tho. No need for recovery.

Your weights seem high for that size room. Is that wet weight or dry weight?

I take my numbers after a 5 day dry. I usually trim after the dry weigh it and throw it in jars. And I agree this was a freak run for me. I usually average 12-20 In that amount of space. I completely built this room from the ground up and made some major upgrades from what I was used to using, so had to get used to the changes. It was definitely a challenge because I changed amount of hvac, amount of light, and added reflectivity. So the 2 grows beforehand in that space were pretty much my average honestly it was that one pheno that I feel carried most of the weight. I had problems in veg with the one pheno practically touching the light. Here's a picture of the canopy one month into flower

20200729 203826

Latest posts

Top Bottom