what do i tell the electrician i need to run my 4k sealed room

• Thread starter kushmusic420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushmusic420

Hi I'm planing my next grow and I'm going all out 4k sealed room!!! but my main problem is electric ,the most I ran was 2k at a time!!! Now what exactly do I tell the electrician. I need. In the room to run all the equipment so I will not burn down my 3 bedroom apartment? ??? The mini SplitI plan to run is 30 amp, 4 1000 Watt lights digital ballast co2 tank, dehumidifier. Etc needs to be ran also I want to order a light control from nowirenuts.com to control them and wouldn't I have to have the electrician wire that too???? I really don't know what to tell him so he does not have to come bck and I get it right the first time!!! Cuz I def can't tell him it a grow setup!!! What exactly do I need so I can have him put it in and leave? ? Thanks alot in advanced! !! One more question how much should it cost so I do not get ripped off! !!:rollj:

hiboy

hiboy

You could tell him to install a small sub-panel and your planning on installing a tanning bed, that was my first thought. Sub panel should be in the 70 amp area. That means #4 wire. #6 would probably work but its only rated for 50 amps and lots will tell ya no ur to close (overload). Or if you didnt want a sub panel you could install multiple lines=240v 30 amp ac line, 240v 30 amp light line, And at least 1 120v line. Make that 2 120v lines, missed the dehumid.
hiboy

hiboy

hiboy

You asked the cost. Hard to say cause it depends on how far away your panel is, and what route do you take to get there (attic or exposed outside). I can tell you this, copper is at its all time hiiiiiiiii
hiboy

K

kushmusic420

You asked the cost. Hard to say cause it depends on how far away your panel is, and what route do you take to get there (attic or exposed outside). I can tell you this, copper is at its all time hiiiiiiiii
hiboy

Thanks I would put the sub panel in the same room I guess. so I would 30 amp for lights. 240 v and 30 amp for AC and a few 120v for fan dehumidifier etc . Does he have to put the. Load controller in or do I have to just plug that in to 30 amp panel? ?? For my lights

hiboy

hiboy

Lots of controllers are just plug in so you should shop with that in mind. Your lights only pull 17 amps, add a few for the ballasts and 30 amps will do ya.
hiboy

K

kushmusic420

Lots of controllers are just plug in so you should shop with that in mind. Your lights only pull 17 amps, add a few for the ballasts and 30 amps will do ya.
hiboy

Well for my environment I wanted to buy the sentinel chhc-4 and I guess I need to Google a plug and grow light controller! ! Is there one u can recommend? ? So let me get this right just tell him I need two 30 amp panels and 120v line for fans and dehumidifier etc.

hiboy

hiboy

If your going the subpanel route, you tell him you need a 4 wire sub panel with a breaker feeding it which is 70 amps. From your sub panel you will then install more breakers to control your equipment. You will be able to completely turn off your sub panel with the breaker in your main panel. Then you will be able to install your equipment safely and we can talk ya thru most of it. Some skill and knowledge is great to have but you can get thru this. I dont have light controllers, being an electrician i just installed my own time clock , outlets, etc.
hiboy

K

kushmusic420

If your going the subpanel route, you tell him you need a 4 wire sub panel with a breaker feeding it which is 70 amps. From your sub panel you will then install more breakers to control your equipment. You will be able to completely turn off your sub panel with the breaker in your main panel. Then you will be able to install your equipment safely and we can talk ya thru most of it. Some skill and knowledge is great to have but you can get thru this. I dont have light controllers, being an electrician i just installed my own time clock , outlets, etc.
hiboy

Thanks alot hiboy, I don't know how to thank u enough! !! Do u think I should go the wire rout cuz I rent the apartment and when I move there wont be this subpanel in the room or can I remove it when I move :rollj:and upgrade my grow.

B

Bobby Smith

I told him that I was turning my garage into a "man cave" with a 220V AC and a few large TVs, kegerator, etc..............this ain't rocket science, bro.

And BTW, what do you need a 30 amp mini-split for? That's pretty fugging huge.

hiboy

hiboy

Youll have to have alot of space to not do the sub panel. You will need more space in the main to fit all your individual equipment breakers. And Bobby did ask a good question about teh large ac, probably overkill so i would just run #6 wire and put a 50 amp sub panel in your room. Then you can take it with you.
hiboy

K

kushmusic420

I told him that I was turning my garage into a "man cave" with a 220V AC and a few large TVs, kegerator, etc..............this ain't rocket science, bro.

And BTW, what do you need a 30 amp mini-split for? That's pretty fugging huge.

Hi Bobby Smith, thanks for comeing in!!! Well I wasn't asking what tell him I'm running cuz if he asked I would say a studio for music or something! !! I really wanted to know what I would need electric wise so I do not burn the house Down! As far as breakers sub panel etc I don't know that stuff.that's y I asked so I know exactly what I need no game's ! !! And as far as mini split goes the one I plan to buy is on WWW.goductless.com for $1,194 grunaire brand 24,0000 BTU 16 seer heat pump inverter !!I wanted the Mr slim. By Mitsubishi that was 20 amp but was $1000 more and I don't have that right now! And the reason it was this. Big just in case I add a light or two in the future! !! Thats it!!!

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

One of the most power hungry devices there are is a Pottery Kiln. Tell him you do pottery and have 2 Kilns that need the power.
Legal, and can have them in any home or apt.

K

kushmusic420

One of the most power hungry devices there are is a Pottery Kiln. Tell him you do pottery and have 2 Kilns that need the power.
Legal, and can have them in any home or apt.
Thanks, I was just asking because I wanted to know what I needed electric wise, so I don't start A fire!

H

Herban Legend

Those Mitsubishi mini splits are the cats azz, so quiet you can hardly tell its running and you know how the saying goes, you get what you pay for. I know I paid about double than what it would have cost me for a cheaper model but my warranty is the best there is.

O

OnlyKush

Just tell the man what you need done, pay him, and send his ass on his way

K

kushmusic420

Those Mitsubishi mini splits are the cats azz, so quiet you can hardly tell its running and you know how the saying goes, you get what you pay for. I know I paid about double than what it would have cost me for a cheaper model but my warranty is the best there is.
I want one so bad too its just the price this time i cant pay 2 grand for a AC
So I will buy a cheaper one for now!!!
Just tell the man what you need done, pay him, and send his ass on his way

You right I definitely will!!!

M

Mr.Newcastle

Call every electrician you can find, and if he burns, you probably can tell. If he says dude, man, or shit, you could have a winner. He probably pays 50 an eighth and goes through two a week. Then tell him come harvest time, he is going to save some serious dough because you are going to hook him up with smoke, hash, hash oil and you will have an electrician forever. Good Luck. Peace.

convex

convex

AC doesn't require a veiled use, tell him you are installing an AC ...
Lights and periphials (assuming 110v) - tell him you are starting a hobby, woodworking, model building or some such thing and want a whack of split plugs around the room as you will have many stations/work area's in the room.

Cheers

Top Bottom