what do you do with your sticks, stems, trunks, and leaves???

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
drbombay

drbombay

i let it rot. worm farms and a compost tumbler do the most. the tumbler is really quick. the mid size stems keep the stucture open in bin. add waste and turn the crank. it heats to steamy even in the snow and ice. between the two my outside compost pile stays small and is routinely robbed for the tumbler. i think the stringy fibre in trunk will gum up a shredder. for root balls i have a cheap drywall handsaw; i cut them across this way and that and into the tumbler.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

i grind up all the sticks and stems and leaves into pulp then press fresh toilet paper out of it.........The root balls and the trunks i just drive around town after 12 and throw into people front yards...it's kinda a local game we play.....who will have a giant pot stalk in their front yard this week......take it easy

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Do you wear gloves while you do this? :troll:

Seriously guys this is a great thread.

I was thinking of burning but was worried about the smell. I don't live on 10 acres. What about warehouse growers? Where the warehouse growers at???!!!

If you had nowhere to bury it, nowhere to burn it, and no place to process it outside... what will you do with it.

I like what Sealed said about the ona gel. That could be a possibility.

I was thinking a small electric powered mulcher and let it sit a month to turn to moldy compost, then toss in dumpster.
No gloves here cap. I live in Cali so I seriously doubt that the guys at the local dump are gonna call out the forensic team if they find a few bags of leaves. BUT... When I lived in a non med state it was a whole different story. Complete nightmare every crop trying to dispose of a bunch of big rockwool cubes.( I've visited my share of apt dumpsters) I'd wait till the trash guy was pulling up and I'd bring out my bags last second and help him throw em in the truck.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I have a chipper/shredder that i run it through and then it goes in the compost bins but honestly if you shred its pretty unrecognizable without lab tests,lol.If i was residential i would not put it out with my trash,it would go in a dumpster or something.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Mine is also either burned or given to patients who use them for teas or topicals. I'm on about 1.3 acres where we can have open burns.

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Currently i do as many in here, chop in to small pieces, break up rootballs, double black bag with a little "secret sauce" and miscelaneous nasty garbage on top, let sit outside to get real nasty, and take out just before trash truck picks up. However, i am planning on doing some composting with the "leftovers" this year. In the past ive definitely visited a few off premesis trash cans/dumpsters to dispose of he bags as well. Great thread Cap! :)
Motiv

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

it would suck to get busted for illegal dumping, only for the cops to find your trunk load of weed scraps. i still say shooting into space is the safest option (minus the radar alerts). otherwise, do be careful hauling this shit around.

kushluvr

kushluvr

just put it in your trash.......

ive had a direct conversation with a cop and told me to put all my stuff in the trash........

he asked if i thought the garbage man was gonna turn me in? made a mockery of the situation!

or just black bag it off to the dump!

kushluvr

kushluvr

oh and thx cap..........i ordered another 16oz pack of each packet this morning btw! thx buddy!

K

kushsmoker30

There is a difference between a random dumpster and one that you have permission to use. Go to bros house for dinner and take trash out when you leave. Besides, hit the compact button and there wont be anyone dumpster diving for it.

i simply bag it wit gloves, let it sit till it rot's n dump at a buddy's or maybe my in law's apt dumpster's at night with gloves on. i do have friend's who haul a bag or 2 off from time to time.

vaporedout

vaporedout

im surprised i didnt see this... instead of discarding, this year the old man i trim for who grows trees, is going to save the trunks and make walking sticks. i picked out one from last year but his wife accidentally threw it in the burn pile. but, they also use the longer sticks and stems as stakes to help hold his plants up. then compost all the leaves. last year i was going to widdle a pipe outta a few stalks i had but i got lazy and tired of looking at a pile of sticks so i green wasted em.

Top Bottom