What do you REALLY think about selling to dispensaries under the new guidelines

• Thread starter Kendo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Actually Texas Kid Oregon's and Colorado's dispensary rules are worlds apart in their scope.
I have done a great deal of research, had several sit downs with a lawyer and have read the Oregon documentation over and over and over again. The wife and I are working towards opening a dispensary and so we have exhaustively dug for the facts.

I have spoken with a couple of the individuals involved in writing the Oregon statute and they agree that they are moving AWAY from Colorado's example. You see in Oregon there is a mindset that I have never seen anywhere else. It begins with the mantra,"Oregon for Oregonians" Oregon beer, wine and products are the first choice of Oregon consumers. The legislature follows this mantra and has produced a statute that gives Oregonians the opportunity to profit from this new venture..

I found a few misinterpretations of the Oregon statute in your post, lets review.
1st there is no provision for Churches or daycares whatsoever. Have NAILED this down with several persons well acquainted with the provisions of the Oregon statute.
Within 1,000 feet of the real property comprising a public or private elementary, secondary
or career school attended primarily by minors; or
(c) Within 1,000 feet of another medical marijuana facility;

2nd Surveillance systems do not have to be installed by a state certified company. After pricing I found anywhere from $2,500 and up.

3rd Grow operations do not need to be registered in order to be able to sell to dispensaries. In fact grow operations do not have to be registered with the state whatsoever, registration is a choice. On top of that there is no provision set for building codes or any of that legal hummus. If you chose to insure your grow operation then your electrical must be up to code, door locks etc.....

4th There are no municipality based legal barriers beyond the ones set forth in the Grow operations statute limiting grow operations to no more than 4 cards per grower per location. Oregon has enacted the Monsanto law which forbids localities from banning any seed to sale venture. BAMM!!!!

Used EQ for sale HMMMMM!!!!!!!!

Let me know about where disp is when u do Kendo... the one bummer is if local businesses get to ban disp in there area ..then all will be once again in multnomah county.

C

CobbCreekBob

Let me know about where disp is when u do Kendo... the one bummer is if local businesses get to ban disp in there area ..then all will be once again in multnomah county.
state said they would trump those local ordinances, funny thing is, they said that in Oct, those cities like Albany and Washington County, etc, are voting the bans even after the threat? Seems odd to me? One thing is for sure Kendobrother will be famous as if he sells all his to the clubs, he'll be a millionaire or better, he'll have to clue us in on what taxes he had to pay, etc, lol

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
state said they would trump those local ordinances, funny thing is, they said that in Oct, those cities like Albany and Washington County, etc, are voting the bans even after the threat? Seems odd to me? One thing is for sure Kendobrother will be famous as if he sells all his to the clubs, he'll be a millionaire or better, he'll have to clue us in on what taxes he had to pay, etc, lol
Did not hear that .but seems to change everyday...I thought about opening one but just selling my hairsalon now ..not sure want another headache..

C

CobbCreekBob

Did not hear that .but seems to change everyday...I thought about opening one but just selling my hairsalon now ..not sure want another headache..
give it some time, they state legislature just fixed the law per the bans, but you never know if they want to be a court fight or for how long, as I previously mentioned, I have no earthly idea what those local counties and cities were thinking when trying to implement those bans?!

I seen where the local DA for Klamath wasn't going to waste their time with it, their city council had brought it up for discussion and he downplayed it on local news. I assume this lawsuit had something to do with their decision

http://www.heraldandnews.com/email_blast/article_f1ad1110-78f0-11e3-bff0-001a4bcf887a.html

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I bet those cities are banking on courts upholding their right to ban as has already happened in other states,their is already precedent in those cases and the cities /counties have prevailed every time so far and an appeal to a higher (federal) court is not an option in the case of marijuana.

C

CobbCreekBob

I bet those cities are banking on courts upholding their right to ban as has already happened in other states,their is already precedent in those cases and the cities /counties have prevailed every time so far and an appeal to a higher (federal) court is not an option in the case of marijuana.
the state of Oregon has already took care of the bans on their level, that precedent would weigh far more than other states laws, imo.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
U can bet washington county will not let them in..my friend got hit out there disp.. now can't own another for several yrs... wife can but never in washington county.. sheriff out there is not tolerant. Not worth it. Went to a metting with some owners down south ..seems not a good place either with there law inforcement...get ya for something else ..believe was jackson county..rednecks..

C

CobbCreekBob

the sheriff in Jackson County is trying to get voted out later this year with any luck. Josephine county and Douglas is ok, douglas being the better one imo. The black market kendobrother talks so affectionately about is what has given the ommp a black eye forever, they just don't believe a person needs a lb and a half at all times with all the other states medical limits, and they've caught enough dumbarses to see how much they are exporting, especially outdoor meds, lol, and they assume everyone is doing it. Let's see those big moneymakers put their John Henry on the paper line when they sell to a club now! They know one thing, if they don't give their patients top shelf, the patients will just go to the clubs and pay a little more, cause its all bout the quality, or else everyone would smoke cigs, eh?lmfao Maybe Kendobrothers outdoor will change the world!hehe

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
yah that was the other one Josephine ..sounded dire down there.. really out to get em...it was a fund raiser for disp that got busted ...put on by stoney girl ? LOL now that was something else too..they ripped alot of people off with there franchise ..not legal then and all u got was soil some beans ,there name , and aphid infested clones...

Last edited:
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

the state of Oregon has already took care of the bans on their level, that precedent would weigh far more than other states laws, imo.
Bob,Im glad the state of oregon took this action,kudos to them but having said that if you notice in the article you posted the cities counties say they will take this to court if necessary and if they do they will prevail over the state. their is already precedent on this not just with MJ but with alcohol in many states that have so called dry counties.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_county

Even if the state prevailed an appeal to a federal court is all it would take to shut the state down in its tracks as MJ is still not federally legal,this why thousands of dispensaries in california no longer exist and they dont appeal because its a no-win for them.To me the only way i see to deal with it is for The citizens of each county/city bring it to a vote and overrule the city council/board of supervisors which you could probably do in a suburban area but it would be harder in more rural conservative area.

Kendo

Kendo

THere are a lot of hurdles for these municipalities to overcome. There are 2 Separate statutes that need to be decided in court before the bans can be implemented by law. The monsanto law and the dispensary statute will have to be overturned. Most of the talk is just that, bluff and bluster but there will be one or 2 that will try to go the distance.

Millionaire, cut IT OUT!!! You make me smile with that one. Yep yep, I am chasin the green cheese. Gonna catch it in stacks.
I hope this does not change your opinion of me Bob.

Do these jeans make my butt look fat?

Kendo

Kendo

Hey Bob, I will be giving a presentation on Cannabis cultivation next month. You should go. You might learn something, or not!

C

CobbCreekBob

Kudos, Kendoman, nah, I don't need any lessons, per se, although it would be a joy to burn one with ya.
Fishy, you are prolly right, the state will turn a blind eye towards the smaller entities, as does the feds to the states. The state reps up for reelection are prolly the ones that will try to holler foul. But places like Jackson County is broke, they can't afford a long drawn out court fight they might lose, they just lost a union battle with the Sheriff, they are in a teachers strike right now, surely somebody should tell those folks, the ones in charge ain't doin a very good job in this county. And the big thing I notice between OR and CA is OR is a broke ass state, they don't collect sales tax, higher min wage, but no jobs, every prison junkie and their dog is on food stamps, and the homeless people are everywhere. Surely they wouldn't waste much needed money on the losing end of a mmj or rec mj or dispensary lawsuit?

Kendo

Kendo

What generally ends up happening is One county will carry on the fight and they will get financial assistance n one form or another from other like minded counties.
Still a losing proposition.

C

CobbCreekBob

I agree, a losing proposition, those clubs will open somewhere and there will be a demand and their price will be met and it will be bizness as usual and as outlined by this new law. Don't think OR didn't see CO tax money stories that come out this week, even though not rec, still tax dollars or permit fees collected, more than now.. imho. Actually, also, imho, better for the patient as more choices to be made and the better quality meds will be chosen at whatever the cost. Im hopin for the sheriff to not get reelected in Jackson County, a lot of things could take place quickly if mr winters is not coming back. The gentleman from Ashland is the one to pick, imo.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Kendo, you are in for a long, expensive, and painful education my friend...so get ready...the bulk of the regs are almost identical to colorado and I can assure that they will change 100+ times and continue to change every year goin forward..the 1000 ft rules are federal rules not state but have to be followed by the state framers to keep the feds off thier backs...public parks get thrown in the arguement pretty quick as well so be ready for that..commercial use is commercial use no matter where your at and that means your house is not goin to be able to be zoned for that specific use..none of your facts about Colorado are even correct so I can't really see how your comparing them at all. It will not take long for Oregon to realize that is is much easier to get millions and millions of dollard from dedicated commercial grow ops than get nickels and dimes from thousands of smaller growers. Your about to get a real world lesson on how it all actually works..not to say you can't be successfull in your venture but if you think it is what you and your attorneys think it is your sadly mistaken

Kendo

Kendo

Word, TK! I suspect Kendo may not know that many are in place just waiting for the opportunity as he is, with as much or more money, including the cartels, already in place, so to speak, so there will be competition and to sell to the dispensaries, there will be a paper trail, whether you are a patient or doing it on a commercial level. The patient has to sign off on any sales to dispensary, whether he, his caregiver, or grower is doing the selling. The local club was installing security system yesterday when I visited, lmfao. I can't wait till Kendo gets his outdoor going, and his neighbor gets a hemp permit, lmfao, and grows a field of hemp right next to his perfect outdoor greenhouse. boy there will be beans for sale then, autoflowers, ruduralis crosses, lmfao. just kidding, couldn't resist! Did you see the new Oregon cannabis connection with gratefulmeds Oregon ad in there, franchises may already be in the making, lol

I hope the best for you Bob, doing so from the bottom of my heart. I hope that you actually take a moment and reflect on this post as it is presented in hopes of making a change in the negativity that seems to flow from your life.
You generally seem to HEAP negativity onto persons who have attained a level of success in their endeavors. The same blend of negativity is leveled against a virtual cornucopia of cannabis enthusiasts. What is it about others success that makes you feel so vengeful towards the successful? There are a dozen cliches I could put here but only you can figure out why....
You wish failure on those around you with a smile on your face, Bob, that is really bad. Stop for a moment and think about that one statement.
I do not wish failure on ANYONE, even those who I prefer to not associate with. IN FACT BOB, I have assisted even those I dislike in their success because it made me smile to see even them succeed.
I have a reputation as a TAKE no prisoners troll Mafia Hitman. All that is an act. The real me has garnered a solid and lasting reputation for generosity, altruism, kindness, love.
Wouldn't you rather have people consider you in that light instead of as a purveyor of negative influence.
it's all up to you Bob

C

CobbCreekBob

I think he just likes arguing with me, TK, lol. There's been many of us thought we would change the world out here or at least help with the low quality outdoor and its a diff kind of animal than most think. I can't seem to get him to understand, there are Oregonians with money waiting for the time to act, its not like Oregon doesn't know what its gonna do and a cool Cali dude is gonna come in, take over and change the game, lolol. Not gonna happen. And if he's talkin to local attorneys, tell him to ask Lori Duckworth, the NORML lady that got charged, or caught, her mmj lawyer dropped her like a hot potato, Mr Loney and Mr Berger do not have the power they led the people to believe they had in the mmj fight out here, that's been proven, so it is what it is. And if he's talkin to the idiots at the OGF or compassion sites that have attorneys as part of their group, those idiots don't have a clue! I used one of them, the Sopha one,lol, and in his infinite wisdom, got me evicted over a deal, lol, I'd never use him or a self professed mmj lawyer ever again. The gutting of the WA mmj system for rec use will be the model most states that pass rec use will try. CO let their mmj go, so far, but they don't allow 1.5 lbs possession per person, that amount everyone thinks is too much that doesn't use. Kendo also doesn't understand the clubs are gonna prefer to buy their meds from the big commercial growers, INDOOR, as opposed to the outdoor, that they charge cheaper prices for and give cheaper for. But hey, he won a cannabis cup, lmfao.

C

CobbCreekBob

Kendo, negativity is part of life and most definitely a part of the Oregon OMMP so far. It has to change for the better, cause it can't get much worse. The state made me negative, its not the other way around. When you see so many slinging black market extra herb for profit only, not compassion, etc, giving the program a black eye for everyone. They don't grow for themselves personally, all they want is patients to add weight to their grow to sell. Some of the mutherfuckers don't even smoke their own meds, but the sure sell em and can give an opinion, WTF? The bullshit they charge for especially outdoor, just makes a person think that everyone is in it for the money, period. And those people are. There are some good souls out here, but its not like what you think or are letting on. I fight the good fight and bring the bullshit to people's attention so they can see to change or try to if they want. I am glad people love you and your hippie ways, my friend, the hippie scene is OR is also not like Cali, meth whores everywhere, bad growers everywhere, rednecks intertwined, its the state of rejects, they brag about it, but its true. Wonder why even ol DJ, the most famous of em all, went to Cali instead of staying in OR? Makes ya wonder. And to be perfectly honest, its the bullshitters I want to see fail, not the true blue cannabis growers for compassion or patients, not greenbacks. The fire of negativity has made me harder, but at the same time, I can sense bullshit a mile away, and this state is the bullshit farm of the west. Wonder why anyone that was such a stud in a state winning cups, would want to come to another state and start completely over?Hmmm. I wish you luck brother, you'll see. Unless you go straight to Portland, and that area is also passing bans on clubs, whether they stick or not, who knows, but you'll see. I spent years talking to ole timers and such, even the big boys, lol, and they never prepared me for some of the deal out here. For instance, in your expertise, outdoor charges 5k to 8k per plot, usually 8 cards, I think they are trying to trim it down to 4 for safety sake, to rent a spot, or you can own it. I guess with your money, you won't have any problem owning the land, so that's ten times better than renting, because landlords will not let you grow. So good luck with that part, but I figger you'll roll in and buy. Again, good luck, you been talking to peeps about the past, not the future, Oregon cash cropper growers don't really want the changes that are coming, but they are coming. And they have no one to blame but themselves. I just can't figure why more don't grow their own, instead of giving the multi card multipatient cashcroppers all the power and then being at their mediocre med mercy! Yet when it comes to harvest time, the patient has all the power, unless the grower has run off, lmfao, which did happen the last two years out here, early harvest, early exit, voile', patient takes the law to the grow site to collect their property, nobody there, no plants, no people, etc. LMFAO, what a scam!

Last edited:
Kendo

Kendo

Kendo, you are in for a long, expensive, and painful education my friend...so get ready...the bulk of the regs are almost identical to colorado and I can assure that they will change 100+ times and continue to change every year goin forward..the 1000 ft rules are federal rules not state but have to be followed by the state framers to keep the feds off thier backs...public parks get thrown in the arguement pretty quick as well so be ready for that..commercial use is commercial use no matter where your at and that means your house is not goin to be able to be zoned for that specific use..none of your facts about Colorado are even correct so I can't really see how your comparing them at all. It will not take long for Oregon to realize that is is much easier to get millions and millions of dollard from dedicated commercial grow ops than get nickels and dimes from thousands of smaller growers. Your about to get a real world lesson on how it all actually works..not to say you can't be successfull in your venture but if you think it is what you and your attorneys think it is your sadly mistaken

@Texas Kid
TK my name is Kendo. We have not had a chance to get to know each other well but I think when we do you will find I am not the unprepared , fly by the seat of your pants individual. I have already created a project management scope and timeline that includes risk management, points of expansion, marketing, sales, et al.

The reality is what it is. Of course this is risky bizness. I have my eyes wide open.
The reality is that it will cost approx $40k to open the doors. Not a huge amount of money..
Looking back I cited no facts about Colorado law whatsoever??, only Oregon.

Where did Co's dispensaries start, were they massive grow ops in the beginning? Most were small. They grew into what we see now just as my vision and dream will.
Of course the laws will be altered, par for the course IMHO.
As far as the Federal Rules. cannabis sales are illegal at the federal level and so ALL aspects of the Oregon regs are illegal in that realm. If we try to pick and choose what applies at federal levels then all aspects of Oregon and CO laws are moot and illegal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom