What do you think my deficiency is?

• Thread starter Theknowledgeplague
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

Well that tea I gave them was bomb I see the difference on the new growth all the new growth leafs had a downwards cupping formation and was yellowish and also looking at the availability of marine cuisine in my area I'll have to alternate to something else! Also I'm throwing them into flower I'm gonna persist with em since I'm seeing some kind of results and going over my notes I've noticed I amended on the 6th of February and I think I was abit shy on the amending might be the reason why they we're hungry soo early

20210307 193618
20210307 193640
20210307 193658
Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

bump aqua you can hit em with some N but the growth centers will be a brighter more limey color thats natural.
Yes you should, like said above get some fish man! that will rock and is pretty avail. also as stated above most of the nutrition is washed out by how your watering so you need some liquid food to feed em right away and give it time for your top dressing to work. Fish is you friend....helpful tip water in your top dressing with some SST or compost tea to really get it rocking. And dont be in a rush, your getting back onto the right track, now make thought out moves to get to where you want to be. I top dress every ten days or so and feed weekly with fish plus doing some super water(compost tea, alfalfa kelp tea, malted barley tea). I try to do something different every third watering.
Also be sure to remember what aqua said about watering!! you want to correct your PH and then stop watering until runoff, just keep the soil moist and water to run off just to check your PH n stuff.....

mancorn, you rock the Rhodales thermophilic recipe? I have really really been wanting to try it!! This year i will! how do you ferment? I use alfalfa seeds and make sprouts then blend up and make a SST, also i like to use alfalfa meal in a tea and a top dressing. Old school Clakamus Coot stuff right there
Ezenzym you top dress every 10days?? Should I try this I'm a couple days into flower soo would it be 2-8-4 every 10days?

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Seven to ten is what i do on my outdoor plants, upping it by a lil every time. Whats in your top dressing? Some stuff is much more available than outhers. Flipping to flower? Take a pro tip and go the feed store a grab a few pounds of alfalfa seeds no coating and make you a SST with a few cups and use that to water in your top dressing. The tricantonal in alfalfa is killer during flower, really helps with stretch.
Feb? Its fricken march dude!!! Most dry nutes take 3-5 day to start bangin' bang hard for 3-5 days, and half life out past that. Using a SST or compost tea will give them Enzymes to help turn those raw and not avail nutes into plant food.

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

Seven to ten is what i do on my outdoor plants, upping it by a lil every time. Whats in your top dressing? Some stuff is much more available than outhers. Flipping to flower? Take a pro tip and go the feed store a grab a few pounds of alfalfa seeds no coating and make you a SST with a few cups and use that to water in your top dressing. The tricantonal in alfalfa is killer during flower, really helps with stretch.
Feb? Its fricken march dude!!! Most dry nutes take 3-5 day to start bangin' bang hard for 3-5 days, and half life out past that. Using a SST or compost tea will give them Enzymes to help turn those raw and not avail nutes into plant food.
I'm talking about the Gaia amendments lol prob not a good idea to amend that every 10days, will look into the alfalfa seeds but not sure I'll find a store around that carries that but I already got some alfalfa meal I could amend?

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

I'm talking about the Gaia amendments lol prob not a good idea to amend that every 10days, will look into the alfalfa seeds but not sure I'll find a store around that carries that but I already got some alfalfa meal I could amend?
They all got a top dress a couple days ago along with a compost tea prior to that and I woke up this morning to hardcore pre-flower allover my tops haha

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

It seems that your's growing welI, I would like to know how slow-release organic fertilizers can promote plant growth?
Well I'm no expert but from what I'm learning is that if you utilise the process of doing compost tea's and amending you can have a kick ass grow going.. as for me I'm learning and I got this Soo far!
20210311 055706

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

That article mentions soil ph which I swear by using Gaia green which is what I’ve been using ever since I saw mr canucks use it over two years ago. It was a pain to figure out at first but if the soil ph is off so will nutrient uptake. And once it is fixed I usually never see another problem. Just checking the soil ph every week has really done wonders in my garden.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

See this statement in your article...

Finally, organic matter is also a source of phosphorus through mineralization reactions.

And this one...

Like nitrogen, organic phosphorus is converted to inorganic phosphate through the process of mineralization

Read the whole dam article.... read much?

You get your info through that tinfoil helmet?

Last edited:
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

I would do your top dressing every ten days, thats the rule of thumb, when i have cute lil guys inside ill put a spoon or two of guano or whatever is laying around every 7-10 days. Gia green is fine, Mr.Bs is great and pretty cheap too. I just buy the DTE bags so i can make my own mixes and control what i am using at what volume. Alfalfa is commonly farmed, but possibly not in your area hence from feed store, but alfalfa seed sprouts is a common health food and you can probably find it at the local health foods store probably in sprouted form. I am sure you can order them for cheap, round here i roll over to the feed store a get it by the pound for under ten. You can make a alfalfa ferment or a aerated falfa and kelp tea right now would do wonders. Your going to want to rock balanced npk for a week or two. Remember compost tea or AACT is not a food for your plants, more like for the soil.
I honestly think your on a cool path with this project and think you could get it honed in really easily. I mean, even growing organically i feed a crap load more than you do. I do the same thing inside as i do out side, as soon as they are in rapid growth. Top dressing SST, and AACT every ten days or so Fish weekly, and alfalfa kelp tea weekly. Bump up the fish and top dressing till you see mild burn, keep it there for ten days start bumping up again ride that fine line of feeding to the max not over feeding.
One top dressing a month and a semi often non NPK compost tea in Coco wont do it....Why no Fish? thats my go to for all things N all the time. Even the cheap crap from the hardware store works....

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

I am not a hydro guy but i am pretty sure that the rez is full of nutrient solution, all the water is nutes right? folks using salts in coco feed commonly with every watering. Coco i soiless, pretty much hydro......

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

As long as the plant can handle it and it’s actually a proven Benifits I don’t add anything else. Expect the occasional tea using marine cuisine and worm castings.

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

I am not a hydro guy but i am pretty sure that the rez is full of nutrient solution, all the water is nutes right? folks using salts in coco feed commonly with every watering. Coco i soiless, pretty much hydro......
I'll be getting some cheap fish and was on the lookout for Afalfa seeds and I guess I'll have to buy them online, I hate buying crap online but thats all I can do because the grow store here is a complete money grabber and his first solution to all my issue was in 3 lil bottles but I'm not into that unless I'm running a full system in clay pellets

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Damm hydro store selling us overpriced snake juice, cheers mate your going to see a hell of a improvement

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

Damm hydro store selling us overpriced snake juice, cheers mate your going to see a hell of a improvement
It's for that simple reason I don't think I'll go hydro again Ill refine my organics recipie

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

I'm brewing a kelp/Afalfa tea at the moment to give them while I wait for Afalfa seeds and fish, now once I get Afalfa seeds from my understanding I grow them in my pots?

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

So far I'm going to pick up the regiment Soo fish weekly, falfa/kelp tea weekly and compost tea and top dressing evey 10days I set up a schedule

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Look up sprouting seeds online but its pretty straight forward. Once your seeds get there your going to want to sprout them, soak over night and then rinse daily until the tails are about 1in long should only take a few days, i like to use jars with coffee filters over the top or use gallon jugs with small holes in the bottom. Once sprouted blend them up as well as you can, then toss the smoothie into your bubbler for a hour or so then water on! I use popcorn, barley, rye, mung beans, and alfalfa seeds for my SST. You can find mung beans and popcorn at your local health foods store. At your local brewing store they have malted barley which saves you the sprouting process and can be bubbled or top dressed, but for your system i would blend it as fine as possible and bubble for a few hours with a few tbs of molasses. Of course i like to use them separately.
Your new system sounds like the jam, and remember to water your top dressing in with a AACT or a SST.
Your thinking a cover crop, which wouldn't hurt but seems like not needed for a coco grow, a cover crop is really for no till systems and true soil.

Top Bottom