what does this mean?

• Thread starter DMTx6
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DMTx6

This is my first hydro 5gal dwc. week 5 of veg been doing 20/4. Was planning on going into flower this wensday. I just noticed these pistols forming on the plants. I thought the light and nutrients had to change to initiate flowering? Can someone tell me what happening. thanks

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Photos?
I'd be willing to bet they're just pre-flowers, though.

D

DMTx6

So no matter what when a plant reaches a certain maturity it pre-flowers? i always thought you had to initiate flowering. How do they keep mother plants in veg state? sorry for the noob questions.

D

DMTx6

here ya go. Thanks . There about 16 1/2 inch tall. bushy. Im using the 8 bulb t5.

IMG 2000
IMG 2001
dextr0

dextr0

Yea pre-flowers. Shes just showing that she is ready to be flipped when you are. Keep her in 24/0 and shell keep vegging. Maybe I should say shes sexually mature?

D

DMTx6

Clone. How do they look? This is my first. The bottom pic is don corleon kush :) Those 6 will be under a brand new 1,000 watt hps by wens. :) I can't wait to see the yield.

St3ve

St3ve

Yep just preflowers. Just showing that they are ready to put on flowers whenever the season changes. (lights to 12/12)

As mentioned, you can veg forever but they look pretty good sized so I would flip if you're ready.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Looking good. Welcome to the Farm.

Cheers,
Crom

St3ve

St3ve

Awesome.. and remember not to let any light touch them what so ever during lights out for the next two months. During veg its no big deal, during flower it will stress them bad.

Good luck mang.

D

DMTx6

I'm in my first week of flowering and i was wondering if it's to late to trim off some of the lower leaves? There's quite a few little branches at the bottom that i know aren't going to produce, I'm just not sure if it will shock the plant at this point. Oh and should i still be spraying them daily, like i did in veg? Thanks for all the help :)

St3ve

St3ve

I would not take off any leaves now.. go through on day 21 and strip out the lower branches and leaves then leave it alone.

What are you spraying them with?

S

smokestack23

I don't like pulling leaves or branches. If you're worried about large healthy fan leaves blocking light from budsites just tuck the leaves in so they are out of the way. Leaves are the plant's food factories. They need em. Later in the cycle when I find leaves that are mostly yellow or dead I'll pluck them.

You can continue to spray if you want to. Do you have to? Are they deficient (doesnt look like it)? Do you have bugs?
Spraying is a good preventative to keep deficiencies or pests and pathogens at bay...and is a great way to quickly fix deficiencies but....when you start getting big buds spraying can be detrimental as it can leave moisture in those little nooks and crannies which will invite molds, fungii, mildew....

D

DMTx6

in veg i was spraying them with R/O water with MagiCal and a little rhizotonic from canna, should i continue or change my spray formula. i dont have any bugs or deficiency's but my humidity in my area never gets higher than 30%.

So st3ve, id be trimming the leaves pretty much when i begin the flush before i cut them down, my veg period was 4 weeks, so i can assume my flower period will be 4 weeks if i do it right, is that correct?

thanks guys

D

DMTx6

so i shoulda vegged for only 2-3 weeks then probably. it all makes sense now

R

RMCG

so i shoulda vegged for only 2-3 weeks then probably. it all makes sense now

It depends. Expect strains to double in size during stretch. Some more, some less, you have to grow them out a few times to get an idea of what will fill your space.

If you veg too long and your space is full, expect it to be REALLY full and require a lot of under canopy thinning. You want the plant to focus on the tops, I would shoot for 4-6 colas/sq ft. Clean the rest of the crap out, esp the undergrowth. It won't amount to anything, its a pain to clean up/trim and it steals energy and growth from your tops.

Top Bottom