What from your opinions is the best tent?

• Thread starter BogartAmungus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I really appreciate all your input. Normally I always go for the best top of the line equipment and fishing gear. After much thought I think I am going to get a 60"×60" Apollo from Amazon. As a starter tent I can almost buy everything I need to get started for the price of the Gorilla I want. Now what light/s do you guys reccomend? I want LED. I will be more worried about not skimping here.

W8ing4Buds

W8ing4Buds

This is the real question. And there is no good answer. I have 3 tents with 3 different leds. And i must tell you that i don't see much difference in g/w.
In first i have mars hydro in second king led. And in 3. Viparspectra. For now i would say that king led is the best but because i don't do this on big scale i am not the one to give you definit answer.

I'm thinking to change my mars hydro for spiderfarmer sf2000. Does anyone has experience with them? I'm thinking of changing to sf2k just because it's white and it would be easier on the eyes.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

This is the real question. And there is no good answer. I have 3 tents with 3 different leds. And i must tell you that i don't see much difference in g/w.
In first i have mars hydro in second king led. And in 3. Viparspectra. For now i would say that king led is the best but because i don't do this on big scale i am not the one to give you definit answer.

I'm thinking to change my mars hydro for spiderfarmer sf2000. Does anyone has experience with them? I'm thinking of changing to sf2k just because it's white and it would be easier on the eyes.
Is your Mars Hydro a full spectrum. TBH I have done very little research on lights and the difference in spectrums and how they effect the growth cycles. Probably should do my homework more and I will. I am now considering going with Mars on tent and lights because they help sponsor this site. The tent is not much more expensive than the Apollo.

W8ing4Buds

W8ing4Buds

My mars hydro are OLD as fuck. Red and blue spectrum. Well it said on the box full spectrum but 4years old light we all know they weren't. That is why i am considering replacing them with sf2k

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Ok I am going with a Mars 4x8 so I can have room to set up something if needed and what not. I purchased 2 of the ES300 v2's to hopefully be everything I need for the complete grow cycle. I just hope I don't have epic fail when trying to grow lol and get discouraged and give up and sell shit for half of what i paid ha I know there will be learning curves. I love to grow shit. I went through several phases. Veggies to hydrangea and Clematis vines. I have wanted to grow weed for so damn long. I HAVE grown a few times outdoors at two different residences and both times someone stole them haha. Can't trust a fuckin soul! I have to find a good air filtration system now for the tent to help hide the goodness.

basscaptain

basscaptain

this is no Diff form fishing....$$$$$$$$ up your azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Ok I am going with a Mars 4x8 so I can have room to set up something if needed and what not. I purchased 2 of the ES300 v2's to hopefully be everything I need for the complete grow cycle. I just hope I don't have epic fail when trying to grow lol and get discouraged and give up and sell shit for half of what i paid ha I know there will be learning curves. I love to grow shit. I went through several phases. Veggies to hydrangea and Clematis vines. I have wanted to grow weed for so damn long. I HAVE grown a few times outdoors at two different residences and both times someone stole them haha. Can't trust a fuckin soul! I have to find a good air filtration system now for the tent to help hide the goodness.
You won't fk up..Any questions that you have can be answered by the peeps on the forum (and using google) and most are very eager to help!
I go with the basics and KISS..Less is More
As things get more advanced, you will be met with a flood of what appear to be inconsistencies in the information that you get. We all have our own ways, but the basics are the basics.
I don't have one, But I hear that Electric Sky lighting is among the best that exists today. Sooo, that's one mistake that didn't happen by purchasing junk lights! You are in good shape from your description.
Happy growing.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

You won't fk up..Any questions that you have can be answered by the peeps on the forum (and using google) and most are very eager to help!
I go with the basics and KISS..Less is More
As things get more advanced, you will be met with a flood of what appear to be inconsistencies in the information that you get. We all have our own ways, but the basics are the basics.
I don't have one, But I hear that Electric Sky lighting is among the best that exists today. Sooo, that's one mistake that didn't happen by purchasing junk lights! You are in good shape from your description.
Happy growing.
Thanks Buzz! Very encouraging as I was very hesitant to spend so much but as a hobby I know I will love I went ahead with them. I truly appreciate all and any advise or criticism or concerns from you guys!

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

this is no Diff form fishing....$$$$$$$$ up your azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Another point with this is as a fisherman I love to fish for many freshwater species and I recently upgrade to an Ultrex trolling motor with a couple helix 9 g3's to link em all. My wife thought I was nuts for spending nearly $5700 but it made such a huge difference that I can't even describe how much more enjoyable it is to fish with technology now days. GPS to hold your position so you don't have to fight the wind or waves. Most of the time you get what you pay for I believe.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Thanks Buzz! Very encouraging as I was very hesitant to spend so much but as a hobby I know I will love I went ahead with them. I truly appreciate all and any advise or criticism or concerns from you guys!
I remember when I decided to cultivate (In the old days..we tossed seeds and ran..We harvested anything that grew a few months later. Needless to say..while the weed was free (the 60's)..It stunk in more ways than one..Haha.
Today it's a whole new ball game and all for the better.
I could kill a cactus, but after a month of study, I took my shot and spent about 2k in total. Things worked out fine and my ROI was accomplished the 1st yr. Before that I was spending too much at the dispensarys to keep the pain away and to get some sleep (before cannabis, I spent about 10 yrs of sleeplessness..not to mention buying my legal prescribed meds. (Opioids)

I made a ton of mistakes and was misled by some people on another forum.
Best advice it to keep at it and never say die.
If I can cultivate..anyone can. And then..I grew a few outside.. 😱

20190928 043621 resized
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Another point with this is as a fisherman I love to fish for many freshwater species and I recently upgrade to an Ultrex trolling motor with a couple helix 9 g3's to link em all. My wife thought I was nuts for spending nearly $5700 but it made such a huge difference that I can't even describe how much more enjoyable it is to fish with technology now days. GPS to hold your position so you don't have to fight the wind or waves. Most of the time you get what you pay for I believe.

Good a fisherman..You must have monofilament and split shot sinkers..Great for keeping a plant trained in LST or supercropping!!
💡

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I remember when I decided to cultivate (In the old days..we tossed seeds and ran..We harvested anything that grew a few months later. Needless to say..while the weed was free (the 60's)..It stunk in more ways than one..Haha.
Today it's a whole new ball game and all for the better.
I could kill a cactus, but after a month of study, I took my shot and spent about 2k in total. Things worked out fine and my ROI was accomplished the 1st yr. Before that I was spending too much at the dispensarys to keep the pain away and to get some sleep (before cannabis, I spent about 10 yrs of sleeplessness..not to mention buying my legal prescribed meds. (Opioids)

I made a ton of mistakes and was misled by some people on another forum.
Best advice it to keep at it and never say die.
If I can cultivate..anyone can. And then..I grew a few outside.. 😱
I have always thought pot plants are so beautiful especially those big ass colas haha can't wait! I am going to try a few soil techniques. Organic vs non organic

the rrock

the rrock

I was actually looking at the Mars tents before getting the 3x3. Normally I am NOT a fan of Mars (lights and CS), but I was gonna give the tents a try.

I am a bit concerned about light leaks on the Mars 3x3, since it does have 2 "D" side doors. I won't know for sure until I set it up.
I have a badly aging Vivosun 3x3 that will be replaced as soon as I clear a few things up (like my own health..nothing serious, just a PIA)

Since most have never heard of Unitfarm..I posted a link. They are imports and the only contact that I have ever had with them was a few yrs ago when I tested their Cree/Oshram UFO80 (got one for free, and while not a fan of Burple..this thing rocks)
NOT AFFILIATED!

I’m looking on getting the Unitfarm 4x4 or 5x5, would y’all recommend multi lights or a single one.UF sells some lights for their tents but I would like to see what has worked as their are so many options (active) for leds , I’ve been using HPS off/on MH for just under 40yrs and looking. To deploy a few tents inside active grow rooms for mothers & clones.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I have always thought pot plants are so beautiful especially those big ass colas haha can't wait! I am going to try a few soil techniques. Organic vs non organic
They really are a beautiful plant.
Here was a Grape Spodie from Solfire Gardens (from seed)
20190325 152443
20190325 152505
20190325 152402

20190325 152443
20190325 152443
20190325 152501
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I’m looking on getting the Unitfarm 4x4 or 5x5, would y’all recommend multi lights or a single one.UF sells some lights for their tents but I would like to see what has worked as their are so many options (active) for leds , I’ve been using HPS off/on MH for just under 40yrs and looking. To deploy a few tents inside active grow rooms for mothers & clones.
I like multiple lights because:
1) You can raise or lower a light (or dim) each light to cover a specific plant (area)
2) You have a hot spare to keep you going..just in case.

I have their UFO80 (free at the time for testing it). While a great light..there are much better now. I sold off my original cheapo Burples but kept that beast! They were over $440 back then..Way too much and I told them so.
Look at the Samsung based white lights from HLG..pretty good knockoffs come from Kingbrite and are purchased from them direct from China. (great products and great CS). TBH, Mine are less than 6 months old, so I won't attest to their longevity.

The UF tents are very HD and stand the test of time (and 3 dogs..LOL)

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

They really are a beautiful plant.
Here was a Grape Spodie from Solfire Gardens (from seed)
View attachment 939370View attachment 939371View attachment 939372
UNBELIEVABLE! Hey is it ok if I request who are reputable seller of seeds and some strains you would recommend for me to try. I think I will try the mainline training first. I read that indica is best for that training. I was thinking about trying some from ILGM. I have not heard anything about them here. But I really haven't searched yet.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

On these filters for the ducts in the tent to filter smells, do you put a filter inside the tent with the motor AND one outside on the exhaust end too? I would think two would be better? Or is one enough? A lot of learning curves here lol I bought an AC Cloud line 6 kit for my tent. Should be big enough.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

On these filters for the ducts in the tent to filter smells, do you put a filter inside the tent with the motor AND one outside on the exhaust end too? I would think two would be better? Or is one enough? A lot of learning curves here lol I bought an AC Cloud line 6 kit for my tent. Should be big enough.
@basscaptain would better at this..I don't use a scrubber myself (filter)
I do run an exhaust fan, but I open a vent flap on the tent and that makes for passive air entry. Works fine and I have 440 ctft fan running at full speed too.

Top Bottom