What have ya got planned today?

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Put some steel banding around that thing your making me nervous
It's pretty solid, I think we'll be ok. Of course, banding wouldn't be so difficult to add to the design and I know @pinegrovedave really likes to over-engineer things. We had a debate about putting a cable brace across the middle and I nixed it. :o

Hopefully a baking day today, depending on how the tomato juice & calamata olive semolina sourdough dough behaves (will it rise, or will it become a leaden brick?). Beyond that, I'm hunkerin' down because we've got us a heck of a storm here. Wind's howlin' like it was winter and everything!

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

sure looks framed up pretty well but if you had access to some...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
while wife is out hiking I will be picking up on some young chicks....Young chicks dig old men hereabouts...
150 to be exact....Chicks for meat....day old...
Directly from the hatchery...that is...
will brood them under lights, 3 weeks or so.
I allow them to slow grow for full development.
Am getting a very special breed that grows a more balanced ratio of breast, thigh meat. The standard cross is bread to eat, shit and die. lots of leg sprawl due to too rapid of a growth, heart attacks, and other health related issues cause a high, 10 to 20 % mortality rate...
spring has sprung, so if any of you want some top quality meat chickens now is the time to place an order.....
Ready in 10 weeks or so.....

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

What I wasn't planning on doing yesterday was crapping my pants when snow started to fall. I had to rush all my greenhouse plants into my shed where I could heat them up. It was raining all day, then turned to snow. The ground was sopping wet, and lots of mud due to my water storage project where I had trenched over 800 liner feet. I left one plant in the greenhouse to see if it was worth it........So worth it! The plant left behind froze to death, while everything in the shed seems fine. I am sure I stressed them out, but at least they are not dead. I really have to buy a propane heater for my greenhouse!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've had trouble sourcing Buckeyes or Australorps, so it's gonna have to wait til next season. Also, my broody hen hasn't set once yet this year.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
All ducks in a row... tomorrow..
Whole day from sun up to sundown..
FISHON!!!!!Shroomon....

putembk

putembk

I'm back....

Two day fishing trip. Got the shit beat out a me. Didn't even get the fly rod out. Thirty mile an hr sustained wind will do that to you. Got the spinning rod out and hit the lake. Ice was just coming off and thought we might pick up a pig cruising the shore. Wind was worse there and cold coming across a near frozen lake. Tried to fish the leeward side of the lake....better but not much. Caught a few fish, nothing worth bragging about but I did live to fish another day.

Got home and for me at least the site was down....thought I had been banned. Ha ha. Spent the afternoon culling my veg room. Always hate that....killing a healthily plant, but when there isn't room....there isn't room. Chemdog #4 (2) will be ready to chop down in a few days and can move two more form veg into flower for a little more space. I always root to many...you would think I would learn.

Tomorrow I gotta get some water down outside...drier than a bone here. Grass, trees and bushes will get a drink. So dry I probably could till the garden and plant cold weather veggies. Oh, need to start my Heirloom Tomato's and Broccoli now as well.

All this and Cataract surgery in a couple of weeks. Retirement sure is boring.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm back....

Two day fishing trip. Got the shit beat out a me. Didn't even get the fly rod out. Thirty mile an hr sustained wind will do that to you. Got the spinning rod out and hit the lake. Ice was just coming off and thought we might pick up a pig cruising the shore. Wind was worse there and cold coming across a near frozen lake. Tried to fish the leeward side of the lake....better but not much. Caught a few fish, nothing worth bragging about but I did live to fish another day.

Got home and for me at least the site was down....thought I had been banned. Ha ha. Spent the afternoon culling my veg room. Always hate that....killing a healthily plant, but when there isn't room....there isn't room. Chemdog #4 (2) will be ready to chop down in a few days and can move two more form veg into flower for a little more space. I always root to many...you would think I would learn.

Tomorrow I gotta get some water down outside...drier than a bone here. Grass, trees and bushes will get a drink. So dry I probably could till the garden and plant cold weather veggies. Oh, need to start my Heirloom Tomato's and Broccoli now as well.

All this and Cataract surgery in a couple of weeks. Retirement sure is boring.

Hey man lets get out fishing. You think Reader might have some bows up there? might go hit a lil private spot on sunday if youre around

putembk

putembk

Hey Cannarado good to hear from ya again. No, Reader is fished out. Supposed to be catch and release only but you know...... They also closed Elk Creek Lodge which is where most of the big guys migrated from. Also think the property owner up stream got sick of letting peeps trash his property so has denied access and quit putting fish in. I think it would be best to wait for the Caddis hatch to start in early June. Looking like its not gonna be a big runoff year so the river should be very accessible that early. I am gonna shut down the grow this summer and dedicate it to taking several 3 or 4 day trips. Will hit Saratoga Wyo and might cruise over and fish with Chicken Man. Big water there and that would be a float trip. Maybe we can get a bunch of us to go and make a party out of it. C-Man is more that willing to accommodate.
This weekend is my wives B-Day and I think it would be best if I stayed home so I'm out.

Home opener for the Rockies today and they are doing surprisingly well so far.....gonna be 50,000 drunk fans there starting about now......they will be so loaded they won't be able to pick their best friend out in a line up of one. ha ha! Thinking I will stay at home and watch both the Rockies and 2nd round of the masters. Still beat up from the fishing trip from hell I just got back from.

Time to go make tea for the girls and get shit done around here before the action starts. Be well all.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Kind of wore out, a little stiff from yesterdays 12 hour fish on action
Will get out and do my Farm on, got 4 full buckets of eggs to wash and box, grind and feed, then rest up and just dream of my next fish on day.
Next Friday we are hosting a farm to table event for 25 folks, Will get all set up, have 3 of our intern/friends the kids to help, then we will do an over nighter up river...
I am the luckiest happiest man in the world...Farming and fishing what a deal....
Almost 60 folks, the best is yet to come......

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

Further progress on the Aquaponics system. Completed the media bed platform. I'll be able to start plumbing shortly...
P1040287
P1040288
P1040290

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Didn't have much planned today. But got to see a eagle have lunch in my back yard. Then it hung out for around a hour, watching the lake and gully into the woods.
Not a bad day id say!

starr

starr

Ate a bunch of 4ho and tizzy trippin my nutballs off at said momento....gearing up for a bath and some "the like"......might huff a few doobers and snort a bit of l....to the ......s to the .........d......pure silver you say.....yes yes....its pure zilver......nooooahhhhh....yeeeeeeehaaaaa...ok then print away you fuck PRINT away.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Today no fishon.
Will be getting ready for a very special event Friday.
A farm to table feast for 30 folks.
A group has a special feast once a year.
Will be serving 15 lb prime rib roast 3 chickens mashed potato's, gravy, green beans, corn, spinach banana salad, dinner rolls, desert chocolate fudge flourless cake, lemon mousse.
Wines from our neighbors vineyards and a tour of his orchards and vineyard with wine tasting pre feast.
Will be fun for all..
Time now for strong coffee, hash joint, life is good.
The more one keeps active approaching 60 the better and easier life gets.
Love the mornings get lots done then nap couple hours before evening chores....
Farm on...Farmers....

Top Bottom