What I want as a consumer.

• Thread starter Ace9137
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ace9137

Ace9137

Before I start, the first and most important statement I can make, " I don't Hate LED's". As a consumer in a market that is over saturated with a lot of the same tech, outrageous claims, and over priced product. Well that makes me mad, doesn't it make you mad? To be honest, I loved my LED's, I actually wish there was a more honest and consumer friendly market. I know that eventually the HPS will be phased out, I have no problem with that, I am not as tech savvy as I once was, mainly due to health issues and I actually have a personal life,(I know the majority can relate). I think failure of communication between customer and company(insert whomever), has become the major barrier in a market that could be an extremely profitable.
I was actually about to purchase some hardware from a company recently, I was going to plop down about six to eight hundred dollars, unfortunately this will not happen for this new company, and word of mouth goes a long way on treatment of your customers, whether potential or not. With this said, to all companies, no matter what you sell, TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS RIGHT. I understand sales has exaggeration in it's product, there is pride in the company, ect. To be fair, I am a extremely hard sale, I will make sales man sweat bullets, I know how to do that as I have worked in sales for multiple companies, any company that knows this avoids people like me, I understand though, seriously, you have to make money.
So here is a list for companies that want to make the sale, clench the deal, or hit mark and stay in the red.

1) Cost, the cost alone does not appeal to the average person on the street, most people will also buy smaller to get proper coverage, so cheaper and smaller may be a market to look into.
2) Honesty, it is still important today, in sales, it can be the difference between starvation and filet mignon.
3) Longevity, if I spend five hundred bucks on the ultra bright mini sun deluxe(faux example), I want it to last more than two years.
4)Coverage, every grower whether in a tent or in a shopping mall,(more exaggeration for the point), wants every edge covered.
5)Spectrum, well what spectrum does a plant use, the general spectrum that human beings see in, very little comes from UV and IR which makes them pointless.
6)Interchangable parts, why? simple, if something fails you can replace a part of it without replacing the whole unit, especially in the middle of a grow, QB's are doing this and so far just reading what Mr. Jujitsu has said about them is extremely convincing, in fact I can find no argument, debate, and/or flaw with his statements.
7)Science in general, do not try this one, I am in the higher range of IQ, and well learned, most of my friends are also high IQ, one even has a minor in physics,( I literally pick this poor mans brain for info all the time).
I hope this clarifies some misconceptions and labels that have been placed on me, I think it is horrible when you are silenced for an opinion, ideal, or even for being different. I hope this helps, oh by the way, I might also point out that I am a type two diabetic that is dependent on medication, I also have arthritis that is getting progressively worse. My view in my statements is honest, as I feel lying is rude and disrespectful, not that I am perfect, remember, I AM A A-HOLE! So why do I smoke weed, I like to get high, does it help with other things, sure does, I still like to get high, and drinking is not an option.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Before I start, the first and most important statement I can make, " I don't Hate LED's". As a consumer in a market that is over saturated with a lot of the same tech, outrageous claims, and over priced product. Well that makes me mad, doesn't it make you mad? To be honest, I loved my LED's, I actually wish there was a more honest and consumer friendly market. I know that eventually the HPS will be phased out, I have no problem with that, I am not as tech savvy as I once was, mainly due to health issues and I actually have a personal life,(I know the majority can relate). I think failure of communication between customer and company(insert whomever), has become the major barrier in a market that could be an extremely profitable.
I was actually about to purchase some hardware from a company recently, I was going to plop down about six to eight hundred dollars, unfortunately this will not happen for this new company, and word of mouth goes a long way on treatment of your customers, whether potential or not. With this said, to all companies, no matter what you sell, TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS RIGHT. I understand sales has exaggeration in it's product, there is pride in the company, ect. To be fair, I am a extremely hard sale, I will make sales man sweat bullets, I know how to do that as I have worked in sales for multiple companies, any company that knows this avoids people like me, I understand though, seriously, you have to make money.
So here is a list for companies that want to make the sale, clench the deal, or hit mark and stay in the red.

1) Cost, the cost alone does not appeal to the average person on the street, most people will also buy smaller to get proper coverage, so cheaper and smaller may be a market to look into.
2) Honesty, it is still important today, in sales, it can be the difference between starvation and filet mignon.
3) Longevity, if I spend five hundred bucks on the ultra bright mini sun deluxe(faux example), I want it to last more than two years.
4)Coverage, every grower whether in a tent or in a shopping mall,(more exaggeration for the point), wants every edge covered.
5)Spectrum, well what spectrum does a plant use, the general spectrum that human beings see in, very little comes from UV and IR which makes them pointless.
6)Interchangable parts, why? simple, if something fails you can replace a part of it without replacing the whole unit, especially in the middle of a grow, QB's are doing this and so far just reading what Mr. Jujitsu has said about them is extremely convincing, in fact I can find no argument, debate, and/or flaw with his statements.
7)Science in general, do not try this one, I am in the higher range of IQ, and well learned, most of my friends are also high IQ, one even has a minor in physics,( I literally pick this poor mans brain for info all the time).
I hope this clarifies some misconceptions and labels that have been placed on me, I think it is horrible when you are silenced for an opinion, ideal, or even for being different. I hope this helps, oh by the way, I might also point out that I am a type two diabetic that is dependent on medication, I also have arthritis that is getting progressively worse. My view in my statements is honest, as I feel lying is rude and disrespectful, not that I am perfect, remember, I AM A A-HOLE! So why do I smoke weed, I like to get high, does it help with other things, sure does, I still like to get high, and drinking is not an option.
Wow just another LED hater... Lol I'm kidding.

If we are just dropping tips as consumers for companies. Here is mine.

Diversify... I think back to Apple and IBM in the 80's. Apple always was a better system but they did not provide a cheap computer that most people could afford. IBM did this and it didn't take long for them to blow Apple out if the water.

HLG is a good example of a company that does not just cater to the high end market but also the budget market.

Removing some bells and whistles to do so imo will make a ton of difference to a companies ability to capture both markets. Things change quickly in the LED market you may be top dog one day and playing catch up the next. So diversification to satisfy as many areas of the market as possible is key.

Ace9137

Ace9137

Wow just another LED hater... Lol I'm kidding.

If we are just dropping tips as consumers for companies. Here is mine.

Diversify... I think back to Apple and IBM in the 80's. Apple always was a better system but they did not provide a cheap computer that most people could afford. IBM did this and it didn't take long for them to blow Apple out if the water.

HLG is a good example of a company that does not just cater to the high end market but also the budget market.

Removing some bells and whistles to do so imo will make a ton of difference to a companies ability to capture both markets. Things change quickly in the LED market you may be top dog one day and playing catch up the next. So diversification to satisfy as many areas of the market as possible is key.
You actually hit the nail on the head there. The LED market is a niche market, small, volatile, and extremely fickle. Thanks @Aqua Man, meanwhile at the legion of doom...................

Ace9137

Ace9137

I have been looking into this company for awhile, I am actually liking the results of some of the grows on this site. I think when it comes time for investment I will go for this company.

I do mean invest.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i disagree with your hid statement it is your so be it,dont bash on yourself friend just leads to more depression ,take my word,look with age you start to see threw others eyes and see a light at end of tunnel and start to open mind of why,here goes from a old foggy,back when every one was in closet growing,there was a reason for it,not just illegal,they were doing it because a govern told them they cant,so that brings the rebel out in every one,im still a believer that most will stop smoking all together if they as in goverment lift the law,really ,right now with legalization going on in most states it is a fad if you dig,what comes with fad's,carpet baggers yep for that quick buck and for the rest of your life it will continue,i promise,demand with what ever it takes to make sales is key,lights cars land doesnt matter it all in the con,you say your a salesman you know what i mean,even honest you will make sales but honest doesnt put kids threw college if you dig.
misreprentation is what puts beans on the table,so take a bit of advice from me and live your life by these means and it doesnt matter what folk thing or say,if you live honest and go by heart instead of need that as good as it get friend,my beans taste a lot better when i sweat to earn them,thats a factor that disappeared in time,world isnt like that anymore,folks dont raise there kids with these values anymore period,you cant even bust your kids ass in a store when they literally take there arm and just shove a bunch of cans on the floor cause they not getting what they wont,serious here.
im not here to add to the mishaps of the idiots and thieves thatr live to screw you,i rolled up on your thread because you hit a nerve with me,i dont give a damn if your enstien or pablo esabar,human is human,dont mind others you cant please ,dont try to compete,your smart im stupid,there are reasons,in my day kids were brought in the world for labor that it,i had no schooling im a dip shit and i love it,i really do,im ignorant to a lot of things,cant even read books buy the time i get to end of paragraph i forgot what i was reading,the point is all kinds shapes and disgust make the world turn period,now jump off the wagon and be you and in the neck with others that want to scorn,make it happen,when you get to 60 you will remmeber these words i promise ,you might hate for what im saying,but keep in mind the fad statement ,these folks your talking about will fall that there destiny,do what you feel in your heart is right and do as i do ,set back watch the circus and laugh,because it really is funny as hell,i first realized this around age 50 ,me being a dumbass has so many advantages,dont be hating on me i know there inside you feel me,just sit back and watch the show,dont bash others or yourself friend cause the show is just starting,enjoy it makes you a survivor

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ignorance (in the true meaning of the word) is bliss. Anyone else feel the world was better before the internet? Before we knew everyone's business and all the shit that's going on in the world? Kids can't be kids anymore they have access to too much information on adult matters. The world was much better when it was simple and all you had to do was worry about that ass paddling you were going to get when you got home because you didn't call to ask to stay later. Now we have to gps track our kids and walk them on leashes... This world is just fucked

Ace9137

Ace9137

i disagree with your hid statement it is your so be it,dont bash on yourself friend just leads to more depression ,take my word,look with age you start to see threw others eyes and see a light at end of tunnel and start to open mind of why,here goes from a old foggy,back when every one was in closet growing,there was a reason for it,not just illegal,they were doing it because a govern told them they cant,so that brings the rebel out in every one,im still a believer that most will stop smoking all together if they as in goverment lift the law,really ,right now with legalization going on in most states it is a fad if you dig,what comes with fad's,carpet baggers yep for that quick buck and for the rest of your life it will continue,i promise,demand with what ever it takes to make sales is key,lights cars land doesnt matter it all in the con,you say your a salesman you know what i mean,even honest you will make sales but honest doesnt put kids threw college if you dig.
misreprentation is what puts beans on the table,so take a bit of advice from me and live your life by these means and it doesnt matter what folk thing or say,if you live honest and go by heart instead of need that as good as it get friend,my beans taste a lot better when i sweat to earn them,thats a factor that disappeared in time,world isnt like that anymore,folks dont raise there kids with these values anymore period,you cant even bust your kids ass in a store when they literally take there arm and just shove a bunch of cans on the floor cause they not getting what they wont,serious here.
im not here to add to the mishaps of the idiots and thieves thatr live to screw you,i rolled up on your thread because you hit a nerve with me,i dont give a damn if your enstien or pablo esabar,human is human,dont mind others you cant please ,dont try to compete,your smart im stupid,there are reasons,in my day kids were brought in the world for labor that it,i had no schooling im a dip shit and i love it,i really do,im ignorant to a lot of things,cant even read books buy the time i get to end of paragraph i forgot what i was reading,the point is all kinds shapes and disgust make the world turn period,now jump off the wagon and be you and in the neck with others that want to scorn,make it happen,when you get to 60 you will remmeber these words i promise ,you might hate for what im saying,but keep in mind the fad statement ,these folks your talking about will fall that there destiny,do what you feel in your heart is right and do as i do ,set back watch the circus and laugh,because it really is funny as hell,i first realized this around age 50 ,me being a dumbass has so many advantages,dont be hating on me i know there inside you feel me,just sit back and watch the show,dont bash others or yourself friend cause the show is just starting,enjoy it makes you a survivor
First off, I make no apologies, if anything, I just wanted to speak my mind without being censored, censorship where ever you go, all from people that have no back bone. Yes, I used to hustle, all kinds, fell off the back of a truck model, when I was younger, I am getting near that I am almost fifty and I am not impressed phase of my life, no challenge to the sell. No, I am not rich, for me, I grow for the love of it, the high of it, and most of all, it is the only drug I know I can not die from. No this is just the little guy making a statement. My thoughts, every thing is built on a foundation, I am a part of that foundation, just like you, just like everyone else.I would think ANY company worth looking into realizes where that college fund for your kid came from. Seriously, I can see a market collapse, this is where guys like you and I will rake in. Pay attention to it, money is a goal everyone is onto. No I survived some bad neighborhoods and some bad things to get to live in a nice quite area, I saved for that. The internet killed free thought @Aqua Man, and pretty much sucked all the fun out of the idea.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

First off, I make no apologies, if anything, I just wanted to speak my mind without being censored, censorship where ever you go, all from people that have no back bone. Yes, I used to hustle, all kinds, fell off the back of a truck model, when I was younger, I am getting near that I am almost fifty and I am not impressed phase of my life, no challenge to the sell. No, I am not rich, for me, I grow for the love of it, the high of it, and most of all, it is the only drug I know I can not die from. No this is just the little guy making a statement. My thoughts, every thing is built on a foundation, I am a part of that foundation, just like you, just like everyone else.I would think ANY company worth looking into realizes where that college fund for your kid came from. Seriously, I can see a market collapse, this is where guys like you and I will rake in. Pay attention to it, money is a goal everyone is onto. No I survived some bad neighborhoods and some bad things to get to live in a nice quite area, I saved for that. The internet killed free thought @Aqua Man, and pretty much sucked all the fun out of the idea.
Haha sorry bro. Let's find this Ralf kid and break the internet.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Ignorance (in the true meaning of the word) is bliss. Anyone else feel the world was better before the internet? Before we knew everyone's business and all the shit that's going on in the world? Kids can't be kids anymore they have access to too much information on adult matters. The world was much better when it was simple and all you had to do was worry about that ass paddling you were going to get when you got home because you didn't call to ask to stay later. Now we have to gps track our kids and walk them on leashes... This world is just fucked
you nailed it bro,when you had to listen to recorders of who called days and you actually had to walk to a phone and pick it up ,even change a tv channel by hand,remember having rabbit ear duty haahah,ever since the internet shit has turned to the worst you damn right,we all love it and use it and some of us die using it driving,crazy indeed,was on the news other night one of these canidates ,not mentioning what party,i dont go party i go for who is giving empty promises of what id like to see,anyway dude says we dont want america great again we want to move forward and end the old ways,ha start right at senate chairs,put a service cap on them and shit will change,ever pres ive seen in my life promised just to be shut down by one party or the other,my thing and cant wrap my head around is what is so damn important you need a phone on you at all times,mama bought me a flip phone when they first come out,i still have and only time i use it is when i leave house without her,there is no land line anymore at least in homes i dont think,i cant even remeber how long it been since i turn the damn phone on,the internet made usa fat real fat,now we have countries that have been robbing our ass for years none paying money back and the world is in a up roar because we demand payment,take that internet away and see these countries tummble one at a time,nightly news supose to be world news and only thing you see on it is pre trump did this and that,or racial shit,every color is discrimanated,copy cat crime,poor jhoony is the class fool so lets light um up and make evening news,imigration im sick of hearing about all these things,back to internet to see if it rains today,hell there are rules for every body but body doing things right,what i was trying to say to op,sit back watch the fools cut each head off is the world we live,but brother you nailed that shit down with your statment indeed and it isnt going to change.
with the weed thing ,lights ,feeds ,soils,hydro's it will change because when and if it does lift the law all sudden it not fun anymore and then you will see the real folks that need this medicine not for getting high being the only one to grow,dispensaries could make it if they werent ridicliouse pricing,right now there soaking it in,8 out of 10 will disapear when supply and demand ends if you dig.
unfortunatly my eyes widen in war,you dont realize what this world has become until you open your mind of why and then things make sense,why the hell they all fight and grab to come here i dont know,there is no bag of cookies,i tell you heat brings anger,i now know why some are ready to fight and have been for 100 years ,the damn heat makes um hahahh,i shit you not every were i been out of us soil has been hotter than a friday night whore and it is always anothers fault hahahh

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

thank you now you feeling better,just sit and watch friend its wilder hahahh you will see for sure,you know i felt same way until i came home,i made the decision that instead of feeding the fat with my money to start making and doing my own if i couldnt i dont need it thing,bright side and makes me a happier is there aint no one to bitch at,i did it and my old leg wont kick my own ass no more hahahh.
i even got with a couple folks to build one them cob light ,how and what needed,when i got to looking at prices of the stuff and in back of my mind knowing prodution and process i could not pay what they want for a single led bulb hell no ,i got a 16 bulb t5ho burned down whole grow with it,been in box sense,i got 2 china made led lights 2 grows there in a box,i got open wing reflector hood,yep box,only thing that works and cheap is my HID lighting,i dont care about frost on leaves and buds i care for medicine that make my pain go away,dont care about yield ,i just grow more,all these factors is what has become popular and for the crazy sales and pricing you started this thread with,if your 50 you remember the days of no weed at all,so look at that side of it, im going with feel for your comfort zone and dig in and go,mine is cheap but still put product in my lungs just sayin

az2000

az2000

I don't Hate LED's". As a consumer in a market that is over saturated with a lot of the same tech, outrageous claims, and over priced product. Well that makes me mad, doesn't it make you mad?

I think everything you say is true. But, I would ask (you to ask yourself) why you're so passionate about something which so many people (apparently) don't care about. Most peoples' eyes glaze over about things like you mention. All they care about is that the light grows something. Airbuds? 80w/sq ft? You're talking martian to them. They'll buy a "1000w" fixture for $119 USD without thinking twice about it. They'll make that decision based upon people saying "my light grows awesome. Thank you Sara!" (without any regard to how the reviewer is happy with airbuds -- or 80w/sq ft.).

I used to be you. I felt so much better not being in the LED realm (and I imagine many others feel better about that too. 🤬). T5HO, CMH. That stuff's not going away anytime soon. Not until the funny business in LED disappears. (Which you're not going to make happen faster by caring more about it.). LED lightbulbs are the extent of my passion about LEDs. It's counter-culture.

Life is short. Do you enjoy growing, or pushing the same rock up the same hill every day (Sisyphus)? To me, LED seemed to become an end to a means, not a means to an end. Instead of using tools to grow, I was growing to demonstrate tools. I cared more about some new name-ripoff product misleading the market than I did about the quality of my soil, trying something different, learning something new. A crusade that had little to do with growing.

What's your muse? Growing, or protecting the world from LED flim-flam? (Not hat there aren't good LED products out there). From what I've read, it's the former. If that's possible, try to focus on anything other than LED for 3 months. Nutrients, soil, strains. Enjoy a grow using different soils in each container, feeding each plant something different containers. Resolve to stay away from LED topics for 3 months, and just see if you'll enjoy your time more. (Not to say you don't now. But, reading what you wrote it sounds like it frustrates you. I can relate to that.). The LED market won't become more gaga due to your absence. I guarantee it will be exactly the same when you return in 3 months. If it doesn't, I will personally buy you a Miss Yee 1000w fixture for $79 free shipping. (wink)

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

one last thing and always remember this,there are so many ways that are easier,my grandpa taught me this,all ways a easier way,BUT you will always do it twice or more the hard way is done once and taste a whole lot better end of day eating food you sweat over hahahh

Ace9137

Ace9137

you nailed it bro,when you had to listen to recorders of who called days and you actually had to walk to a phone and pick it up ,even change a tv channel by hand,remember having rabbit ear duty haahah,ever since the internet shit has turned to the worst you damn right,we all love it and use it and some of us die using it driving,crazy indeed,was on the news other night one of these canidates ,not mentioning what party,i dont go party i go for who is giving empty promises of what id like to see,anyway dude says we dont want america great again we want to move forward and end the old ways,ha start right at senate chairs,put a service cap on them and shit will change,ever pres ive seen in my life promised just to be shut down by one party or the other,my thing and cant wrap my head around is what is so damn important you need a phone on you at all times,mama bought me a flip phone when they first come out,i still have and only time i use it is when i leave house without her,there is no land line anymore at least in homes i dont think,i cant even remeber how long it been since i turn the damn phone on,the internet made usa fat real fat,now we have countries that have been robbing our ass for years none paying money back and the world is in a up roar because we demand payment,take that internet away and see these countries tummble one at a time,nightly news supose to be world news and only thing you see on it is pre trump did this and that,or racial shit,every color is discrimanated,copy cat crime,poor jhoony is the class fool so lets light um up and make evening news,imigration im sick of hearing about all these things,back to internet to see if it rains today,hell there are rules for every body but body doing things right,what i was trying to say to op,sit back watch the fools cut each head off is the world we live,but brother you nailed that shit down with your statment indeed and it isnt going to change.
with the weed thing ,lights ,feeds ,soils,hydro's it will change because when and if it does lift the law all sudden it not fun anymore and then you will see the real folks that need this medicine not for getting high being the only one to grow,dispensaries could make it if they werent ridicliouse pricing,right now there soaking it in,8 out of 10 will disapear when supply and demand ends if you dig.
unfortunatly my eyes widen in war,you dont realize what this world has become until you open your mind of why and then things make sense,why the hell they all fight and grab to come here i dont know,there is no bag of cookies,i tell you heat brings anger,i now know why some are ready to fight and have been for 100 years ,the damn heat makes um hahahh,i shit you not every were i been out of us soil has been hotter than a friday night whore and it is always anothers fault hahahh
I have smoked since I was fourteen years old,(I am NOT encouraging underage use and think it should be twenty one and up), I have had all types of "magic" weed, I remember the old grow ops with the fluorescent lights t-8's or 12's, they even had the plants on tables so they didn't stretch to much, yeah rabbit ears, put foil on the end, I was there when the Berlin wall fell, or when a school teacher seduced a student to kill her husband. I see the weed market getting bigger, first it will be the dispensaries, of course you and I would be the "micro"growers, then the dispensary market will start to decline as the "micro" grower becomes more popular. It is happening right now, just un evenly.

Anyway, I have a grow in the works right now, with three revegs, and and an experiment with some new bags going, I will post on this soon, thanks to you guys for the perspective, right now, I am going to sit back and wait, more money to spend later when I do decide the market is ready.

az2000

az2000

Anyone else feel the world was better before the internet?

That's a tough question. On the one hand, I can't imagine how I would have learned to grow cannabis in the 1980s. You'd have to find someone to show you how they grew. Or, a very many trial-error grows. (How many years would it take to learn about NPK ratios, etc.). It's really amazing how much "offline storage" our minds have via the internet. It's like our brains expanded exponentially.

But, like any brain, the info can be diordered. There's bad info, or info that can be taken out of context (cognitively dissonant). There's "causes" that can trigger our libidinal energies (biases, outlets for frustations).

The internet really is an extension of our minds. A collective mind. A "super intelligence" which we create by acting (collectively) upon that shared, offline storage to compute it and put it into action.

There are people (Ray Kurzwiel, the "transhumanist" movement) who say this will ultimately lead to quantum computers (which can process information *vastly* faster than the human brain; orders of magnitude faster; the power to discover everything mankind has in the past 10,000 years -- in just a week), converging with AI and robotics. At which point, these we humans will be able to "offload" ourselves to the cloud. Live forever (at which point inter-galactic travel becomes reality. What's a few billion years of space travel when you live forever in a machine?).

Watch the Netflix series "Black Mirror." It will blow your mind. It's based upon this premise of the future. There's another new BBC/HBO series "Years an Years" which is similar. Highly recommend them, especially Black Mirror.

But, my point is: the internet/technology/computing is increasingly taking on a life of its own. We (humans) are just "impressions." Small cogs in a much large collective embodiment of knowledge/power/rationalization. Like any thing living, it can be harmonized/reconciled. Or, pathological. It lacks the human capacity to discern that. We're the ones who have to do that.

[It's not always clear which is which either. What defines "normal" versus "disordered?" When everyone goes off the deep end with LED flim-flam (or "likes"), I suggest that's the new normal. Us Luddites who demand the market be something better than a timeshare-condo presentation are very possibly the disordered ones.].

Ace9137

Ace9137

That's a tough question. On the one hand, I can't imagine how I would have learned to grow cannabis in the 1980s. You'd have to find someone to show you how they grew. Or, a very many trial-error grows. (How many years would it take to learn about NPK ratios, etc.). It's really amazing how much "offline storage" our minds have via the internet. It's like our brains expanded exponentially.

But, like any brain, the info can be diordered. There's bad info, or info that can be taken out of context (cognitively dissonant). There's "causes" that can trigger our libidinal energies (biases, outlets for frustations).

The internet really is an extension of our minds. A collective mind. A "super intelligence" which we create by acting (collectively) upon that shared, offline storage to compute it and put it into action.

There are people (Ray Kurzwiel, the "transhumanist" movement) who say this will ultimately lead to quantum computers (which can process information *vastly* faster than the human brain; orders of magnitude faster; the power to discover everything mankind has in the past 10,000 years -- in just a week), converging with AI and robotics. At which point, these we humans will be able to "offload" ourselves to the cloud. Live forever (at which point inter-galactic travel becomes reality. What's a few billion years of space travel when you live forever in a machine?).

Watch the Netflix series "Black Mirror." It will blow your mind. It's based upon this premise of the future. There's another new BBC/HBO series "Years an Years" which is similar. Highly recommend them, especially Black Mirror.

But, my point is: the internet/technology/computing is increasingly taking on a life of its own. We (humans) are just "impressions." Small cogs in a much large collective embodiment of knowledge/power/rationalization. Like any thing living, it can be harmonized/reconciled. Or, pathological. It lacks the human capacity to discern that. We're the ones who have to do that.

[It's not always clear which is which either. What defines "normal" versus "disordered?" When everyone goes off the deep end with LED flim-flam (or "likes"), I suggest that's the new normal. Us Luddites who demand the market be something better than a timeshare-condo presentation are very possibly the disordered ones.].
Or to an extent even more terrifying, that we become a collective on only emotion and no logic at all.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I have smoked since I was fourteen years old,(I am NOT encouraging underage use and think it should be twenty one and up), I have had all types of "magic" weed, I remember the old grow ops with the fluorescent lights t-8's or 12's, they even had the plants on tables so they didn't stretch to much, yeah rabbit ears, put foil on the end, I was there when the Berlin wall fell, or when a school teacher seduced a student to kill her husband. I see the weed market getting bigger, first it will be the dispensaries, of course you and I would be the "micro"growers, then the dispensary market will start to decline as the "micro" grower becomes more popular. It is happening right now, just un evenly.

Anyway, I have a grow in the works right now, with three revegs, and and an experiment with some new bags going, I will post on this soon, thanks to you guys for the perspective, right now, I am going to sit back and wait, more money to spend later when I do decide the market is ready.
not me friend,i make my own seeds have enough for grand kids to grow with if they choice to more than a live time worth,im done buying and comes down to obselete Hid lighting,i just use what the main source is ,the sun hahahah im done buying ,i be loving soil for sure but always open minded and think about other methods and there just not for me,im am unsucessfully trying a no pump no air hydro outside,did hook air to the thrash can yesterday,im along the lines of thinking i was born for soil hahaahah thats my buzz waiting to see what come from the soil and seeing what happens with all i do,lmao

Ace9137

Ace9137

not me friend,i make my own seeds have enough for grand kids to grow with if they choice to more than a live time worth,im done buying and comes down to obselete Hid lighting,i just use what the main source is ,the sun hahahah im done buying ,i be loving soil for sure but always open minded and think about other methods and there just not for me,im am unsucessfully trying a no pump no air hydro outside,did hook air to the thrash can yesterday,im along the lines of thinking i was born for soil hahaahah thats my buzz waiting to see what come from the soil and seeing what happens with all i do,lmao
I use soil, never tried anything else, soil seems natural to me. My light may be obsolete, still pretty sure my production is still better than ever. I really enjoy the simplicity of a grow, the different "highs" from different "strains". I am a fledgling pollen chucker, I have had some success in my experiments. I am going to breed two cuttings from the same plant first, see if I can preserve the pollen for a while, then try to make a "new" strain.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I use soil, never tried anything else, soil seems natural to me. My light may be obsolete, still pretty sure my production is still better than ever. I really enjoy the simplicity of a grow, the different "highs" from different "strains". I am a fledgling pollen chucker, I have had some success in my experiments. I am going to breed two cuttings from the same plant first, see if I can preserve the pollen for a while, then try to make a "new" strain.
that what i love,mama kills every male i have cause i breed them studs hahaah,she says you need smoke not seeds and off with his head haahahh,i set my little tent up and put on back porch with just a fan in there,put the ladies in and then the stud,close every thing up tight and reach threw that little 4 in hole in the side and shake the nuts off his ass,close up do same thing 24 hrs later,then next day,i pull um out, first i take the hose and rinse all leaves and soil,under and over leaves,let it dry under the ceiling fan i got out there,once dry,i hit um again same way,let completly dry top of soil mainly,then i shove them right back into the flower room,never had any cross pollinate yet by doing this method,the male i let it dry a bit a tryto smoke it ,just like the old days ,smoked seeds and male plants,times were tough back in late 70's,early 80's i look up and see choppers spraying that parquate shit,mexico and usa had a hard on for the poor man back then,hahahahah might be getting a buzz from choking but still hammer down a buzz hahahahah told you i was a idiot haha lmao

Ace9137

Ace9137

that what i love,mama kills every male i have cause i breed them studs hahaah,she says you need smoke not seeds and off with his head haahahh,i set my little tent up and put on back porch with just a fan in there,put the ladies in and then the stud,close every thing up tight and reach threw that little 4 in hole in the side and shake the nuts off his ass,close up do same thing 24 hrs later,then next day,i pull um out, first i take the hose and rinse all leaves and soil,under and over leaves,let it dry under the ceiling fan i got out there,once dry,i hit um again same way,let completly dry top of soil mainly,then i shove them right back into the flower room,never had any cross pollinate yet by doing this method,the male i let it dry a bit a tryto smoke it ,just like the old days ,smoked seeds and male plants,times were tough back in late 70's,early 80's i look up and see choppers spraying that parquate shit,mexico and usa had a hard on for the poor man back then,hahahahah might be getting a buzz from choking but still hammer down a buzz hahahahah told you i was a idiot haha lmao
Laughing.... I am using colloidal silver,(actually silver ions suspended in distilled water), totally feminized seeds. Some people use giberlic acid others use silver thiosulfate, either way it produces female pollen from a female plant, I am going to do some inbreed lines for a uniform high, not looks. Right now I am playing around with cuttings(clones), I even have a plant that I am revegging from last grow, foxtails are a genetic trait with this one, I have a strawberry cough I revegged, and I am also revegging a honduran cutting, I remember when they were spraying weed with that crap, most grows went indoors for a few years, remember those grow cabinets they used to sell in the weed mags, tiny, short, it was the future of growing.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Where I grew up, there weren't even dial phones..you lifted the receiver and an Operator asked what number you wanted....:D

Sorta like this..LOL

Top Bottom