What Is An Elite Clone Worth?

• Thread starter Green Supreme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

420OGFarmhand

i am starting some raskals og from regular seed right now after paying 150. i would have gladly paid triple that price to just get a clone. seeds are a pain in the ass! btw i am not planning on selling any cuts because i wanna be the only one with the strain so i can charge fools like 375 a zip! i just hope nothing happens to my spot, thats really the only reason i would sell any cuts, just to make sure if i lose it i can get it back. i might let a couple go for a few hundred for that reason. 60 bucks for a bomb ass strain aint shit, id pay that all day for some elite cuts.

Dude RasKal is all over I get Clones in LA of her all day Long
Finished she goes for $45 a 1/8 here

G

Green Supreme

See 45 per 1/8th could almost buy a Sweet Skunk clone for that and have her all day. Peace GS

Y

yoko

Value is relative.

The pro wants exclusivity, and his or her answer is in crunching the numbers.

I think many enthusiasts like exclusivity as well, whether they are growers or not.

I wish that there was a greater emphasis on more redundancy in the equation. I know many great phenos and crosses have been lost by growers reluctant to lose their prized girl (or guy).

Yoko

fractal

fractal

1k 3k 5k+ is not worth it for any one cut i dont care what it is.:evilgrin0040:

What if you are some stoner in wisconsin or something who knows zero people and a friend of a friend comes up from california with "supernovababykillerOGorgasmkush" for 1000$ for a mother plant. That would be maybe not such a bad deal right?

S

Snafu

here is my simple answer! it is worth whatever you are willing to pay and if you arent wiling then pass and know that there will be someone that will be willing to pay the price!

there is a sucker born every minute! (but on the back end there is someone born every 30 seconds to take full advantage of that sucker!)

has_some_sinse

has_some_sinse

I have a real Bros Grimm Cinderella C99 (P1, not a F2 from GN or Joey Weed...Real deal Cindy Grail Pineapple P1. what would be appropriate pricing on something that rare? People are amazed when they've never been so spacey in their life?

I have pics posted on another site, Mosca gave me a thumbs up on my visitor page there, I will have to upload them here soon?? I've been offered $500 a cut, and they wanted 4. I cannot part with something I love so much, and I have a very exclusive cultivar, I will always maintain it, for as long as possble, I couldn't allow it to be diluted or exploited...

squarepusher

squarepusher

here is my simple answer! it is worth whatever you are willing to pay and if you arent wiling then pass and know that there will be someone that will be willing to pay the price!

there is a sucker born every minute! (but on the back end there is someone born every 30 seconds to take full advantage of that sucker!)

bold not necessarily true

G

Green Supreme

The business selling the cuts that are the topic of this thread, are losing no money on folks that think it is too much. They have trouble keeping up as it is. Just a thought. Peace GS

Aligee

Aligee

Well if you wont help overgrow I will to share good meds. in about 5 minutes I will list 4 free whitefire in 4 inch rockwool on craigslist for free 1 per person. search " Whitefire " prop 215 compliant code word Farmer when replying. I have to many and other i will give away I don't have the room for them and I don't sell buds or clones I grow for myself and my wife to enjoy.
craigslist WTF!!! do whatcha gotta do im hoarding all my OGR cuts lets see whitefire whitebubba whiteurkle whitemaster whitekksc urkgum to name a few !!!Oh ya white S1 too!!!

Aligee

Aligee

WiFi#1

Picture_110.jpg

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Lots of people have made a lot of good points, the debate rests largely on which side you fall on, it's kind of subjective at that point.

When I think of what I did and spent for *fish*, what I've seen a single animal go for. Oh my.
As a Californian, I wouldn't pay more than 15 dollars for a cut.

People who fall into the "elite cut" craze are big time suckers.

The weed itself is not going to be significantly better than you can find elsewhere.

Look at it this way, Debeers diamonds controls the global limit of diamonds in the market, And claim THEIR diamonds are the best.

Greedy growers are trying to follow the same recipe.
I dunno, I think that at a certain point this whole thing really does find a great corollary in wine. How much does it cost to grow a so-so grape versus something that produces stuff that goes for hundreds of dollars per bottle? Much of that is genetics, just like Mary, yes? Much of that is grower/vintner knowledge as well as that persons "touch", there is an art to these crafts that can't be accounted for. Each grape variety has its own preferences in order to perform to its best, soil conditions, weather, and so on. It all adds up to bottles of wine that are worth $2 and bottles that break the bank.

In the end it all comes down to what the market will bear. If it won't bear certain grapes, they won't be grown.
Heres one that you guys arent even going at how about elite males now thats where the money is and they seem to be more coveted then the most hoarded female strain [like asian fantasy]
Leave it to you to look at things from the flip side.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
the answer is - whatever somebody is willing to pay!

Jack_Baybeh

Jack_Baybeh

Damn, all I know is I'd pay $60 all day long for a cut of the real deal Sweet Skunk clone. Been chasing that one for the longest. Hook me up GS. What was the name of that business?? LOL.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Let's say you live in a non-friendly (not legal) state. You go to some state fair, flea market, church bazaar, rock concert, farmers market, whatever, take your pick. In a secluded safe corner of the chosen event you meet a grower selling clones from a tent or a van or the back of his car.

The clones are healthy and neatly arranged. Obviously well cared for. The white, Chemdog D, ECSD, Bubba Kush katsu cut, Pure Kush, SSH, C99, OG Kush and Blueberry. You are in the middle of the boondocks. You actually trust the guy and believe they are the real deal. Would you pay $100 a clone?

wonka

wonka

Let's say you live in a non-friendly (not legal) state. You go to some state fair, flea market, church bazaar, rock concert, farmers market, whatever, take your pick. In a secluded safe corner of the chosen event you meet a grower selling clones from a tent or a van or the back of his car.

The clones are healthy and neatly arranged. Obviously well cared for. The white, Chemdog D, ECSD, Bubba Kush katsu cut, Pure Kush, SSH, C99, OG Kush and Blueberry. You are in the middle of the boondocks. You actually trust the guy and believe they are the real deal. Would you pay $100 a clone?

absolutely!!! w.wonka

B

BudGood

If they were legit, hell yeah. :pimp:

Latest posts

Top Bottom