What is happening to my ladies

• Thread starter Arizonamedical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Canna_Digz

This is just stupid the way you clowns carry on about who said what said & its this not that….get a life guys & stop being Karens hey…maybe some ‘helpful’ advice for the OP would be great otherwise please don’t reply 🤷‍♂️

P

Phil.D.

I’m certainly no expert, that is for sure. I think watering every two days in a soil medium is too often. I would wait for the pot to be light when you pick it up or when the plant starts to droop. The leaves will lose their shine just prior to drooping. Also, I would look at your light intensity next. It may be too powerful and or too close to the plant. I might turn it down a little for a week and see what happens.

M

MobileMan

overwatered possibly? could be that with some pythium perhaps eh?

M

Mattm651

@Arizonamedical - some had mentioned the Fox Farm nutes being difficult, can’t agree more. I’ve used them many times, at about half their recommendation and if your environment isn’t perfect they can be problematic. They are certainly correct that you need to give N (Grow Big) for the first few weeks of flower for sure. Check out the chart below. Start with something like half to rule out Nute issues every other water.

As for overwatering, if he didn’t have issues in Veg I would think flower wouldn’t be one either as they suck up even more water. I have mine in 5 gallon pots 3 weeks in and water every 2 days as they are bone dry.

Maybe check PH, Fox Farm will cause issues if they build up and fuck that up quick. Unsure if you mixed anything into your sold but depending on what it can also aid in salt buildup, etc.

Really do need more details though if you want true help otherwise everyone is guessing and could mess you up more!

IMG 7074

Newty

Newty

How much water every 2 days though?

My last grow, would take 1/4 gallon of water per plant every other day consistently. If I was watering 1/2 a gallon then it would take more days between watering.

Are you following the nutrient feed chart on the bottle? If so it's probably to much.

What changes do you make when you flip to flower? Increased nutes or something?
You said this always happens after flip so maybe it's a change your making everytime that's effecting the outcome.

I would check out the General Hydroponics Flora Series nutrients, pretty easy to use but follow the feed chart at 1/2 strength.

M

Mattm651

Sounds like stops giving Nitrogen which would do it when they start to stretch and use as much if not more of it in those first three weeks.

I wouldn’t concern myself with measuring the amount of water, more ensure that you have runoff. This gets rid of some of the buildup at the root level. They say something like 10%. For one of mine with 6 plants they are taking almost 5 gallons every 2 days but that’s with runoff….. they should be allowed to dry out, even slight wilting is better than overwatering. When they get dry the roots branch in search of water and that’s a benefit. Then they should be fully soaked once dry with runoff.

No expert for sure, but know these steps work.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Hello everyone. I started flowering my girls a couple of weeks ago and to my surprise all five turned out female! They were looking like this,

To looking like this two weeks in,

The leaves are drooping and starting to lose their color. I have been attempting to get a successful harvest for almost two years now and when I get them to this stage they always start to slowly go from thriving to dying. Might by chance any more experienced growers know what’s wrong here? Thanks in advance folks,
Cheers.
The plants change their priorities when they enter the reproductive stage. They slow or stop vegetative growth. The new priority is flowering, so nutrient movement changes. This includes moving mobile nutrients from the leaves, which is why the leaves become yellow. Feeding the plant bloom nutrients before changing the lights can slow that process. Magnesium is also important because it is the central atom in the chlorophyll molecule. So, I add it directly to the soil by top dressing Epsom Salt. I also water it in at one tablespoon per gallon of water. It can be foliar fed, as well, but I don't do that unless there is a severe deficiency. So far, I haven't had a problem with excess magnesium or sulfur (that are elements in Epsom Salt).

Water may be an issue for your plants. It's hard to tell because of the nutrient deficiencies. They also change their need for it when flowering. What temperature and humidity (or VPD) are you using? The plants look hot and dry, but my eyesight isn't good. Running at a lower temperature would slow growth, but it might help.

I tried those Fox Farm nutrients and didn't like them. I switched to Gaia Green and haven't looked back.

P

Phil.D.

How much water every 2 days though?

My last grow, would take 1/4 gallon of water per plant every other day consistently. If I was watering 1/2 a gallon then it would take more days between watering.

Are you following the nutrient feed chart on the bottle? If so it's probably to much.

What changes do you make when you flip to flower? Increased nutes or something?
You said this always happens after flip so maybe it's a change your making everytime that's effecting the outcome.

I would check out the General Hydroponics Flora Series nutrients, pretty easy to use but follow the feed chart at 1/2 strength.
There is no set answer for amount of water. Measure your water and see how long it takes the plant to dry out. Then adjust up or down based on your preferences. Also, when I think there is stuff happening in the roots, I water the outer ring of the pot. That helps dry it our faster and forces the plant to reach for the water.

Newty

Newty

I tried those Fox Farm nutrients and didn't like them. I switched to Gaia Green and haven't looked back.
What Gaia Green nutrients do you use?
I've been highly considering trying them based on the post I've seen you make. I have 6 seedlings going right now so it's the perfect time to try something new.

How many plants do you usually grow and how long does a pale last you?
I can get it locally at about $30-$35 for 2kg size pale.

Last edited:
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
What Gaia Green nutrients do you use?
Just the General Purpose and the Power Bloom. I also add other ingredients. These only provide NPK.

I've been highly considering trying them based on the post I've seen you make. I have 6 seedlings going right now so it's the perfect time to try something new.
Sounds good. There are many folks here who use Gaia Green, so there's plenty of advice available. Somewhere on here there's a 4-week feeding schedule for using it. It has been helpful to me. I still generally follow it. I also have revised copy in my notes somewhere.

How many plants do you usually grow and how long does a pale last you?
I have three tents. I grow five full-size plants at a time. I currently have 3 (from seed) flowering and 2 (clones) vegging.

I'm sure the buckets would feed six for at least a grow and maybe more.

I can get it locally at about $30-$35 for 2kg size pale.
I haven't seen it locally, so I buy it from Amazon. I bought the buckets a few times and then decided to get the 10 kg bags. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to use it all, but it's cheaper by the bag.

W

Wheezy420

Does anyone have any other ideas because the watering schedule is on point. I just don’t want to lose yet another crop. I’ve been growing these for almost three months now. I always seem to get them this far and they start dying. I just don’t know what to do. Anyone?
Hey man, I’ve ran into these same issues with the FF soil and trio. Are you using all 3 bottles together like the schedule suggests? Cause I wasn’t and my plants weren’t getting enough nutes for the flower cycle. The schedule suggests 15ml Big Bloom , 10ml Grow Big, and 5ml of Tiger Bloom up to 2 times a week. I was only doing this once. You can get away with it on some strains but definitely not all in my limited experience lol. Maybe this will help cuz 💯👊🏻

F

fuzybuds

Some of the more expierenced will prob help you out soon but to help them better understand your problem some more details wouldnt be to bad.

Medium,Watering,Lights,Nutrients and whatnot
Look like there very thirsty, and nitrogen starved.heavy water those lady's if the soil is dry,check the runoff for low nute uptake

ccoki

ccoki

my experience with fox farm...Buffer runs out round week 4 bloom... pH starts drifting plants get pist. Everything you just don't want... exactly when you need it the least. Gotta love it.

M

MellowRello

Couple people on here grow bangers with them. Ive never liked them tho. Liquid sludge
It would be interesting to see a vid or photo
my experience with fox farm...Buffer runs out round week 4 bloom... pH starts drifting plants get pist. Everything you just don't want... exactly when you need it the least. Gotta love it.
That's happening to me right now with ProMix HP, which also has its own buffer, but if I add dolomite in the beginning, the PH spikes early on.

I've diagnosed that it's the size of pot / amount of soil, not the soil itself. I've grown in Fox Farm, small plants (3 week veg in final 7 gallon) and had no issues.
Same plants, same 3 week veg in final pot, but in 5 gallon, PH drift, simultaneous deficiencies and toxicities.

Same scenerio in 3 gallon pots and it's a disaster.

Stokes

Stokes

It would be interesting to see a vid or photo

That's happening to me right now with ProMix HP, which also has its own buffer, but if I add dolomite in the beginning, the PH spikes early on.

I've diagnosed that it's the size of pot / amount of soil, not the soil itself. I've grown in Fox Farm, small plants (3 week veg in final 7 gallon) and had no issues.
Same plants, same 3 week veg in final pot, but in 5 gallon, PH drift, simultaneous deficiencies and toxicities.

Same scenerio in 3 gallon pots and it's a disaster.

I believe @Mikedin said he uses them. I think.

I grew in 5 gallon pots for my first few years, the pot isnt the problem. Never had an issue when i tried 3 either, though i quickly saw the limitations of the 3 gallons after the first grow

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I believe @Mikedin said he uses them. I think.
I only use their cal mag because it’s OMRI rated, and I’ll use the microbe brew and it’s nice to use the trio for the mothers but that’s in addaition to the Gaia green

In my plants I plan to flower only the cal mag is used

I’m only using the trio at about 1/3 recommended rate for the small mothers though

I also still don’t ph even when I do use them

Stokes

Stokes

I only use their cal mag because it’s OMRI rated, and I’ll use the microbe brew and it’s nice to use the trio for the mothers but that’s in addaition to the Gaia green

In my plants I plan to flower only the cal mag is used

I’m only using the trio at about 1/3 recommended rate for the small mothers though
My bad

Top Bottom